dropshadows

Dynasty Pick 1.03 for Julio Jones

Posted (edited)

So I have the 1.03 this year in my dynasty league draft (well its 10-player keeper, so its more a dynasty than a keeper league)

I got offered Julio Jones for my 1.03 pick.

My team is in my sig. In this league, I'm hurting bad at WR, and my pick was most likely going to be Jerry Jeudy. 
We also don't flex out a RB, its a WR/TE for the flex position, giving us the option to only play 2 backs at a time.

So essentially I'm trading away Jeudy for Julio Jones, who's on the latter half of his career. 

Tough decision. Thoughts? whir

Edited by dropshadows

Yeah that looks like a good deal. Julio has a few more years of league domination imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dropshadows said:

My team is in my sig.

Can't see your sig on mobile.

If you're a contender, do it. If you're in total rebuild, it's probably a no. If you're in between but Julio could get you near the top I'd still do it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, I'm rebuilding but also in contention with Elliot, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews. Hearing great things about Jeudy so it'd be nice to draft a future stud. But I was leaning slightly on the Julio side.

Edited by dropshadows

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

I'm rebuilding but also in contention

I think you need to decide which of these two things you are. Either you're pushing all your chips in the middle, or you're keeping your draft picks and selling stocks in what you have. Just like a real-life NFL team, going 8-8 is probably worse than 1-15.

Edited by DeliciousGravy
  • Like 1

This:

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Can't see your sig on mobile.

If you're a contender, do it. If you're in total rebuild, it's probably a no. If you're in between but Julio could get you near the top I'd still do it.

13 hours ago, dropshadows said:

Thanks guys, I'm rebuilding but also in contention with Elliot, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews. Hearing great things about Jeudy so it'd be nice to draft a future stud. But I was leaning slightly on the Julio side.

That doesn’t look like a rebuild to me, those are some nasty “win now” players. Adding Julio to that mix is a great move. Do it!

Posted (edited)

Let me start by saying that is a very fair offer for Julio so I would have no issue doing it but I would stay put and draft one of the RBs at 3 (CEH, Taylor or Dobbins). I’m not a big fan of win now trades, prefer the draft/development method.

Edited by Ddam2013

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, jnormy said:

That doesn’t look like a rebuild to me, those are some nasty “win now” players.

I know right?! I still ended up in 8th place last year. Mediocre WR corp, and bad luck.

Edited by dropshadows