Sign in to follow this  
30Burger

Will Dissly 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg.ff2cd8cc28503460fb4e3000bd3f3ab0.jpeg

Didn't see anything put up on this guy yet so figured I would start this thread. Mostly interested right now for dynasty purposes, if he does make a big comeback then he should be available off waiver wires for redraft. 

- Was averaging 50+ yards and 4+ receptions per game in 2019, along with 4 touchdowns. 

- Started the year at 50% offensive snap percentage, increased to 79 and 89% weeks 4-5. Similar snap percentages and production during 2018 before the injury. 

- Career average yard per reception of 13.5 (though small sample size due to injury), for reference Kelce is at a career Y/R of 12.8, Kittle at 13.6 and Ertz at 10.9

- Already back to practicing in pads

 

Only downside (other than big injury history) is that the Seahawks have a ton of other TEs on their roster including round 4 draft pick Colby Parkinson. However, Olsen and Hollister seems like insurance policies to Dissly's health and the rookie shouldn't have too much involvement year 1. Just seems like an interesting dart throw in dynasty leagues and wanted to get the discussion going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this cat a hold in dynasty? So much production when he plays but he has had some serious injuries already and have to think they took a toll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Is this cat a hold in dynasty? So much production when he plays but he has had some serious injuries already and have to think they took a toll

He's playing behind Olson, 2 catches in week 1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjb said:

He's playing behind Olson, 2 catches in week 1.

Correct. Who knows what kind of production he will have this year but I am talking dynasty. Redraft leagues, hard to see much from him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dissly had a terrible first game last year too and he absolutely started a streak of tearing it up.  Love me some Dissly and frankly, Wilson loves himself some Dissly.  This is just one more great target for Russell to target.  I wouldn't be surprised if had himself a breakout this week against the Pats. 

Dynasty...definitely worth a pickup if you have some spare room.  He is a stud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Correct. Who knows what kind of production he will have this year but I am talking dynasty. Redraft leagues, hard to see much from him.

 

His health will determine what happens next. 

 

He had what was starting to become a breakout year, but then was lost for season. 

 

While he was recovering they signed a savvy vet and now he's behind on the totem pole. 

 

He needs to understand his new role and be ready if olsen goes down and if he does he needs to produce and stay healthy. 

 

If those things happen they'll probably let him play out final year of deal or extend him and let Olsen walk as a free agent. 

 

If he gets hurt again they probably draft a TE or keep olsen on and he has to battle back again. 

 

His dynasty Outlook is mired in uncertainty because his health and health of those around him determine what happens next. 

 

As it stands with olsen healthy in front, he's coming off as JAG. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a bit more time to assess this but if he's healthy again there's no reason not to think he won't be someone that is at least streamable. The health is really the only question as situation especially long term tied to Russell Wilson is just ideal for fantasy purposes in my opinion. I think dynasty hold for at least a couple weeks until landscape becomes clear on his health as its devastating injuries that are really hard to come back from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LacesOut said:

Need a bit more time to assess this but if he's healthy again there's no reason not to think he won't be someone that is at least streamable. The health is really the only question as situation especially long term tied to Russell Wilson is just ideal for fantasy purposes in my opinion. I think dynasty hold for at least a couple weeks until landscape becomes clear on his health as its devastating injuries that are really hard to come back from. 

His health and Greg Olsen's health is the question. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if Olsen's health is compromised, Dissly back to top 5-10 TE if he's healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. If health wasn’t an issue, or you could guarantee no injuries (unrealistic obviously) this dude is a top 10 tight end based on his production. Obviously health matters, which is why he’s not being talked about. I’m actually surprised he played in game 1. Seems like a hard working guy. Hope he can string together a full season!

Edited by dsrich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tempted to say that Dissly is gonna happen again. Might be a week or two out but Dissly is a Wilson favorite. When he plays, he gets peppered, like a pepper boy peppering a dinner plate for a real pepper lover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Oh. And Dissly is a bonafide stud when he is playing. Stays healthy and he is a top 3 TE

Been waiting to see of he will get more snaps, ain't happened yet.  Greg the Olsen taking some shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I’m tempted to say that Dissly is gonna happen again. Might be a week or two out but Dissly is a Wilson favorite. When he plays, he gets peppered, like a pepper boy peppering a dinner plate for a real pepper lover. 

 

8 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Oh. And Dissly is a bonafide stud when he is playing. Stays healthy and he is a top 3 TE

 

He's been targeted only 8 times over 5 games, despite playing 42% of the team's offensive snaps. I'd love to see it happen for him, but I remain skeptical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards are middle of the road #14 against TE. Russ does Love him some Dissly; hoping last outing with TD vs Vikings is sign of more to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

 

He's been targeted only 8 times over 5 games, despite playing 42% of the team's offensive snaps. I'd love to see it happen for him, but I remain skeptical. 

 

For sure.  He was in a similar situation last season with his health.  He is a few games into the season behind last year, possibly the fact they have DK for receiving and Olsen to man the line and still be a capable set of sticky gloves.  It only took about three weeks from Dissly to go from smoke to glass bending fire.  Few quotes from the 2019 Dissly thread by dudewithabadcat - the premiere expert on Dion Lewis:

 

I see his floor being around 10-12 points per game (I don't think he hits his floor much when he is locked in).  5 catches and 50 yards seems like a reasonable week to week with this guy.  I want to say that there is some quotes from the OC stating that Dissly being in the lineup "makes him more at ease" and (this might be where I am exaggerating) "opens up the offense).  He is a serious talent and Russ is targeting him a lot when he is on the field.  Let's just hope he stays on the field."

"1. There is little to no competition for TE targets in the Seahawks offense. Yes, Vannett is there and I think Dickson (now it is Olsen, don't care) might still be lurking but they just disappear.

2. This guy has the coaches trust and Russell's trust when it comes to playing within the scheme and being a multi-dimensional TE - blocking and catching.

3. He is a big man with speed, hands, and intelligence

4. He hits the seams with speed - these are things that make Gronk and Kelce the beasts that they are

5. Again, he fits the scheme that the Seahawks want....run run run run playaction run run run playaction.  He will be on the field 90%+ of the time if fully healthy.

6. Check out early last season numbers before he got injured.  He was well on his way to being a Top 3 to 5 TE.  For some reason, Wilson loves him.  When Wilson loves you, it can be a beautiful thing

7. I still believe that there is a shortage of good receivers on this squad.  DK is improving, Moore is coming back from injury, however the real solidified targets are Lockett and Dissly (DK was emerging last year so this statement could be false; DK was solid...nothing like now....anyways....not worried about all the mouths to feed.)

8. I expect that the Seahawks will pass a lot more, if they can. 

9.  The OC loves him. "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

 

For sure.  He was in a similar situation last season with his health.  He is a few games into the season behind last year, possibly the fact they have DK for receiving and Olsen to man the line and still be a capable set of sticky gloves.  It only took about three weeks from Dissly to go from smoke to glass bending fire.  Few quotes from the 2019 Dissly thread by dudewithabadcat - the premiere expert on Dion Lewis:

 

I see his floor being around 10-12 points per game (I don't think he hits his floor much when he is locked in).  5 catches and 50 yards seems like a reasonable week to week with this guy.  I want to say that there is some quotes from the OC stating that Dissly being in the lineup "makes him more at ease" and (this might be where I am exaggerating) "opens up the offense).  He is a serious talent and Russ is targeting him a lot when he is on the field.  Let's just hope he stays on the field."

"1. There is little to no competition for TE targets in the Seahawks offense. Yes, Vannett is there and I think Dickson (now it is Olsen, don't care) might still be lurking but they just disappear.

2. This guy has the coaches trust and Russell's trust when it comes to playing within the scheme and being a multi-dimensional TE - blocking and catching.

3. He is a big man with speed, hands, and intelligence

4. He hits the seams with speed - these are things that make Gronk and Kelce the beasts that they are

5. Again, he fits the scheme that the Seahawks want....run run run run playaction run run run playaction.  He will be on the field 90%+ of the time if fully healthy.

6. Check out early last season numbers before he got injured.  He was well on his way to being a Top 3 to 5 TE.  For some reason, Wilson loves him.  When Wilson loves you, it can be a beautiful thing

7. I still believe that there is a shortage of good receivers on this squad.  DK is improving, Moore is coming back from injury, however the real solidified targets are Lockett and Dissly (DK was emerging last year so this statement could be false; DK was solid...nothing like now....anyways....not worried about all the mouths to feed.)

8. I expect that the Seahawks will pass a lot more, if they can. 

9.  The OC loves him. "

 

I love the passion!

Dissly is certainly on my watchlist for now. Will scoop him at the first sign of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks ago was signs of life.  Last week was signs of things to come.  This might be the last week to get him super dirt cheap.  Just saying.  I think that this might get drawn out for another week or two but Russ is a gunslinger and he loves his Diss.  The OC loves his Diss too.   I'm loving the fact that Olsen can be out there in 2TE sets.  I think that The Dissly makes the entire Seahawks offense get to another level.  His presence will be huge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Two weeks ago was signs of life.  Last week was signs of things to come.  This might be the last week to get him super dirt cheap.  Just saying.  I think that this might get drawn out for another week or two but Russ is a gunslinger and he loves his Diss.  The OC loves his Diss too.   I'm loving the fact that Olsen can be out there in 2TE sets.  I think that The Dissly makes the entire Seahawks offense get to another level.  His presence will be huge.  

Dissly played 49, 41, then 34 snaps the past three games. I'm not so sure I'd say he's "trending up". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Dissly played 49, 41, then 34 snaps the past three games. I'm not so sure I'd say he's "trending up". 

Still coming back from injury. Negative game scripts. Reliant vet in place. Lots of reasons why his snaps are lint popping over 50%. I’m looking at three year trends while you are looking at three game trends. Russ had the piece of mind to give Dissly a TD look on his lone target. Jah. Says something, especially with the connection they already have. 
 

as I said. they go from smoke to fire very quickly. we have smoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Still coming back from injury. Negative game scripts. Reliant vet in place. Lots of reasons why his snaps are lint popping over 50%. I’m looking at three year trends while you are looking at three game trends. Russ had the piece of mind to give Dissly a TD look on his lone target. Jah. Says something, especially with the connection they already have. 
 

as I said. they go from smoke to fire very quickly. we have smoke. 

I hope you're right. This offense looks better than ever and Dissly was an absolute stud during his run last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season high in snap count last week. Basically matched Greg Olsen. Look out - could be the beginning of the changing of the guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the game Sunday night and he looked good, especially blocking.  There was a play where he picked up two guys blitzing, which bodes well moving forward for playing time.  It has to be only a matter of time before Olsen gets fazed out, or at least this snap count goes down.

Also, just missed a TD by a few inches.  I'm definitely holding to see what happens the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.