Flyman75

Just finished my 2nd draft...hdid?

Recommended Posts

12-team keeper league...keep 3 with rds attached...1/2 PPR for RB/WR, full PPR for TE...Start - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RW, WT, DST. 

My keepers going in were Kamara, Mixon, and Andrews. 

My roster post-draft: 
QB...Deshaun Watson
RB...Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Latavius Murray, Antonio Gibson, Damien Harris, Bryce Love, Nyheim Hines
WR...Julio Jones, DJ Chark, TY Hilton, Tyler Boyd, Diontae Johnson, Randall Cobb
TE...Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews
DST...Patriots. 

TEs are great. Kelce would have outscored every WR not named Michael Thomas with the scoring system last year (it's our first yr to try full PPR for TEs). 

RBs...ugh. I didn't have picks in the 2nd and 3rd because of a keeper and a trade, so I had to wait from the 1st to the 4th, and RBs flew off the board. I grabbed Murray as a cuff to Kamara, and then just did the best I could the rest of the way. All of my RBs were late rounders. So we'll just have to see how things shake out for them. 

WRs...this crew is okay. The top three should be solid, but not spectacular. Boyd and Diontae aren't bad backups. 

DST...Patriots were just the best left on the board. I know they won't touch last year and won't be the top defense this year, but they're still a top 5-7 defense pretty much everywhere. If they can finish top 5, I'll be happy with that. 

I'm not in love with it by any means. Maybe I'll get a break or two and manage to eek into the our 4-team playoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think it looks pretty good. I bet youll have alot of offers for one of your TEs

 

Did you take Kelce first?

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I think it looks pretty good. I bet youll have alot of offers for one of your TEs

 

Did you take Kelce first?

 

Yeah, I had the 1.04 and 1.06, so I took Kelce with the 1.04 and then Julio. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good try and dangle a TE for a RB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm not in love with it by any means. Maybe I'll get a break or two and manage to eek into the our 4-team playoff. 

You're crazy. In a 12 team, this team is stacked. OK, it's a 4-team play-off, but you should be in that group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

You're crazy. In a 12 team, this team is stacked. OK, it's a 4-team play-off, but you should be in that group.

 

Looking at rosters after the draft, there is one prohibitive favorite. He had a great keeper list and a lot of early picks and put together a nasty roster. Then there is a group of about 6 others that are all about on the same level, and I feel like I'm one of those. Then there are a couple of teams that are looking at finishing at the upper bottom half, and then there's three teams that may as well start planning for next year, lol. Two of them sold everything last year to make a run at the title (one of them took home the 'ship), so most of their picks were later in the draft. 

Now granted, things can and will obviously change during the course of the season. I just have to make wise moves to try to make my way into the playoffs. And sadly, if league history is any indicator, teams will sacrifice next year's keepers and draft picks in order to make a run this year. And if I'm not one of those, I'll be on the outside looking in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Looking at rosters after the draft, there is one prohibitive favorite. He had a great keeper list and a lot of early picks and put together a nasty roster. Then there is a group of about 6 others that are all about on the same level, and I feel like I'm one of those. Then there are a couple of teams that are looking at finishing at the upper bottom half, and then there's three teams that may as well start planning for next year, lol. Two of them sold everything last year to make a run at the title (one of them took home the 'ship), so most of their picks were later in the draft. 

Now granted, things can and will obviously change during the course of the season. I just have to make wise moves to try to make my way into the playoffs. And sadly, if league history is any indicator, teams will sacrifice next year's keepers and draft picks in order to make a run this year. And if I'm not one of those, I'll be on the outside looking in. 

In think you may be underestimating your team....It's pretty damn good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id explore a wr upgrade. chark and one of ty/boyde/dionte for a low end wr1 like kenny or moore

you going to start max 3 wr a week

still leaves you with enough depth. julio, kenny, boyde, dionte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...