CamNewton

WHIR: I was offered Wilson, Zeke for Big Ben, Barkley, and Diontae Johnson (Full PPR)

I was just offered the trade below in a 12-team, two flex Full PPR league. We keep one player per year, so my keeper would go from Barkley to Zeke. I would have both Stafford and Wilson post-trade who have perfect pairing schedules, and insurance if Stafford goes down again (even though I think he's in for a big year). Is the upgrade at QB worth the downgrade from Barkley to Zeke?

I send: Big Ben, Saquon Barkley, Diontae Johnson

I receive: Russell Wilson, Zeke Elliott

My current roster:

QB: Stafford

RB: Barkley

RB: Mixon

WR: Golladay

WR: Kupp

TE: Hurst

Flex: Calvin Ridley

Flex: DeSean Jackson

D/ST: Patriots

K: None right now

Bench: Big Ben, Cam Akers, Damien Harris, Nyheim Hines, Dionte Johnson

I would make that trade though I'm skeptical of how Zeke produces this year coming off his bout with covid-19.

28 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

downgrade from Barkley to Zeke?

What downgrade? I have them more or less equal - not necessarily in talent, but in actual projection for the season.

Wilson is most likely an upgrade (although Big Ben might bounce back) but getting DJ in the bargain... Hell yeah, I wouldn't think long about that.

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

What downgrade? I have them more or less equal - not necessarily in talent, but in actual projection for the season.

Wilson is most likely an upgrade (although Big Ben might bounce back) but getting DJ in the bargain... Hell yeah, I wouldn't think long about that.

I'm not getting Johnson though. I'm giving him up. Also, odds are Barkley will be more in line for a higher carry and target count than Zeke. Does that factor in at all?

This trade is pretty even, but there’s one significant thing that would lead me towards staying put, and that’s the keeper value of Saquon being considerably higher to zeke due to 2 presumed extra years. 

The upgrade at QB would be nice, but is going to be that big of a week-to-week upgrade? RW was pretty up and down last year and unless they ‘let him cook’ I don’t see him taking a step back into the top 3 conversation. Running yards will continue to go down as well. It will also suck to lost Diontae Johnson who has a realistic shot to stick as a starting fantasy WR this year. If and when D-Jax goes down I’d rather have him than he waiver wire diving. 

Ultimately, I think this comes down to how much you value Saquon versus Zeke. Zeke is a stud, but a lot of stud RBs fall off quicker than we ever expect (granted, some also don’t, and I could see Zeke being of that ilk). Though I wouldn’t bet on it, I think there’s a good chance that Saquon stays healthy all year this year and just dominates to the point where he’s the consensus 1.01 next year. While Zeke should be top 3-5 again, I don’t see him doing that. Still, Zekes situation and floor do seem much more stable, and that’s really nice to have from your top producer. They’re so close, but those 2 extra years mean a lot to me. 

• Thanks 1

pass you dont have the wr depth to let dionte go.

full ppr having two wr as ur two flex is so much more valuable than a rb at ur flex. in most situations

stafford and ben is fine in 1 qb league. wilson more luxary youj dont need with ur team as is. you got good team with some depth

if you were to trade away ur depth now (not recommended) it should be for wr/rb upgrades not a qb upgrade

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I'm not getting Johnson though. I'm giving him up. Also, odds are Barkley will be more in line for a higher carry and target count than Zeke. Does that factor in at all?

Oh crap, I missed that. Then it's a no for me. I voted yes because I thought you were getting him, losing him is a big no-no.

• Thanks 1

I'd hold, I'd want to hold onto Diontae Johnson for WR depth and Saquan for the long term value. Fingers crossed Stafford continues his pace from last year. If you could get a nice replacement WR in return I'd consider it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On the surface this seems like a good deal and it's not terrible, but I also think I'd stay put...I think Diontae will be a stud this year and yes Wilson is a big upgrade IMO over Big Ben but I think I'd rather have Barkley over Zeke...just my thoughts on it. Help please? Please scroll down to Montgomery part...thanks!!!

Edited by Chuck3222
  • Thanks 1

thanks for your help with mine!

I would take that original deal in a heartbeat, the counter im just lukewarm about , id stand pat on that one

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

My trade partner just countered with the following:

I send: Barkley and Cooper Kupp

He sends: Zeke Elliott and DJ Moore

@sjm76 @Boudewijn @aapox @colepenhagen @BaBaBooey @Chuck3222

push for stafford wilson flip as well. if he wants barkley make him pay for it. fantasy community believes there is atleast a $10+ difference between barkley $72 and zeke.$62

i like moore more than kupp but feel i couldnt bank on it happening

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t accept any of those offers. If this guy wants Barkley that bad he needs to be the one giving up more. Right now they are all looking like 50/50 deals and the first one involving Dionte I feel you were giving up more. Clear no deals for me all round. Be happy with Barkley and move on unless he puts something more enticing out there

• Thanks 2

Its a fair offer but I would stay put for now. In ppr I also like Barkley better than zeke. 

thanks for mine

• Thanks 1