CamNewton

Matthew Stafford 2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

AP will be cut by week 4.

stop with this nonsense, he cannot/will not ever fit in with a complex offensive scheme that doesn't kiss his stooge rear. 

he won't see October in a Lions uniform. 

You don’t think Peterson can carve out a defined role in THAT backfield? I actually think it would be fairly easy for him to be used in a specific set of plays over Johnson, and maybe split primary carries.  Obviously Swift will be the 3rd down/spread formation back here

Edited by lvsaint429

9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

You don’t think Peterson can carve out a defined role in THAT backfield? I actually think it would be fairly easy for him to be used in a specific set of plays over Johnson, and maybe split primary carries.  Obviously Swift will be the 3rd down/spread formation back here

look, anything can happen - i certainly wouldn't discount a somewhat happy medium, but my money is on another abject failure, ala New Orleans. 

gl to you this season ✌

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

look, anything can happen - i certainly wouldn't discount a somewhat happy medium, but my money is on another abject failure, ala New Orleans. 

gl to you this season ✌

I’m really not rooting for Peterson to have a renaissance here. I just want to point out a possible issue deep in the red zone. The only Lion I have is Jones, so I do have an indirect interest in Stafford. I hope Stafford is allowed to still run the show as always 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cizastro said:

Patricia was the coach last year, correct?  The year where in 8 games Stafford threw for almost 2500 yards and 19 TD's with a 103 QB rating?  Extrapolated over a 16 game season you're looking at near 5000 passing yards and 38 TD's.  And you're scared why?

I think Patricia isn’t a very good coach and from the locker room clips I’ve seen, he puts on a really cringe-inducing Belichick schtick that I don’t think the players particularly buy in to.

Case in point/also:/like I said:

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

yeah but Matt Patricia.

I love Stafford but that’s enough to scare me. 

there’s also the fact that most of Staffords production last year came from a few games against truly awful defenses. 

that said I like most of the schedule and I think the O coordinator is at least better than ones Stafford has had before. I’m rooting for the guy and could end up owning him but you can’t just look at last year’s numbers and paste them in to next year’s stat column. For example: Stafford’s rookie season followed by every single year afterwards. 

On 8/26/2020 at 2:31 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Lol now adays a dude suffers one injury and gets called injury prone. Love it

Injury prone? No but there are concerns. His back fractures are probably why he was terrible in 2018. Went on IR with a back injury last year.

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

AP will be cut by week 4.

stop with this nonsense, he cannot/will not ever fit in with a complex offensive scheme that doesn't kiss his stooge rear. 

he won't see October in a Lions uniform. 

Disagree.

Lions have consistently signed one-dimensional guys in the same vein as AP.

1 minute ago, Robrain said:

Disagree.

Lions have consistently signed one-dimensional guys in the same vein as AP.

but never one even remotely close to the "mememeME! first!!" diva schtick that this tool is about to unleash. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

but never one even remotely close to the "mememeME! first!!" diva schtick that this tool is about to unleash. 

Nah, Patricia just wants him to fill the Blount role is all.

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Nah, Patricia just wants him to fill the Blount role is all.

fair enough 👍

... i just see disaster for all involved - will be interesting, to say the very least. 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, FreakFries said:

I think Patricia isn’t a very good coach and from the locker room clips I’ve seen, he puts on a really cringe-inducing Belichick schtick that I don’t think the players particularly buy in to.

Couldn't disagree more. He's no Tony D'Amato, but I think his locker room speech game is pretty tight.

Edited by OrangeAggie

Just dropped Rodgers for him In my big money league in yahoo pro league 10 teamer, I have dak as my starting qb and couldent resist picking him up as my backup 

He’s my backup or co-starter in all of my leagues. Looked really nice last year and they added weapons. (19 TD’s and 2500 yards in 8 games).

Is anyone looking elsewhere if Golladay does not suit up this Sunday? Also, the bears defense is pretty solid. Depending on your league size, Rivers / Goff / Ben / Jimmy G are decent starts this week. 

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Is anyone looking elsewhere if Golladay does not suit up this Sunday? Also, the bears defense is pretty solid. Depending on your league size, Rivers / Goff / Ben / Jimmy G are decent starts this week. 

Contemplating through the same dilemma right now. To make matters even worse, stud Akiem Hicks will be lined up against rookie Jonah Jackson. It could get ugly.

I think I'm going Goff this week instead.  

9 hours ago, Leopard said:

In one league I'm playing Big Ben over Stafford because of Big Ben's matchup.  I still consider Big Ben a risky play though until he plays well for a few weeks.

10 hours ago, Leopard said:

I want to look elsewhere but, not sure where to turn to.  Burrow is on my bench and he doesn't have a great matchup for his first NFL game (vs LAC).  Tyrod is the best option for me to pickup but, I have no one that I want to drop.  So, I guess I'm rolling with Stafford but, I don't feel great about it.  I love Stafford but, with some of his weapons not available, it's making me concerned.

Brutal drop by Swift at the end of the game, Stafford should have had 300+ 2 TD game against a pretty good defense. Without Kenny G (hopefully he’s healthy soon).

Lions look like they have some injuries in the secondary starting up, so probably another heavy volume year for Stafford. 

That drop by Swift may have cos! me a win!  Decent game vs a tough Bears D.  He was an underrated QB in my league but, I think he's in line for a good year if he stays healthy and when Golladay comes back.

That TD would've given an extra 12 points with my league's 300 yard bonus smh. 

Hoping Golladay gets back soon so Stafford can really start unleashing. 

No Golladay again this week. Cepheus and Amendola picked up the slack a bit last week but they were very ineffective in the red zone with no Kenny.

We all know Stafford was awesome in his half season last year, but GB was actually the one team he struggled against (didn’t even have a TD). The Packers rolled last week so I think the game script will likely be in Stafford’s favor, but I’m still uneasy about him. Other people that are in a QB bind, how would you rank him among the top waiver guys for this week: Rivers, Goff, Carr, Mitch (gulp)?

10 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

No Golladay again this week. Cepheus and Amendola picked up the slack a bit last week but they were very ineffective in the red zone with no Kenny.

We all know Stafford was awesome in his half season last year, but GB was actually the one team he struggled against (didn’t even have a TD). The Packers rolled last week so I think the game script will likely be in Stafford’s favor, but I’m still uneasy about him. Other people that are in a QB bind, how would you rank him among the top waiver guys for this week: Rivers, Goff, Carr, Mitch (gulp)?

I’m not sure what to do at QB. Drafted Stafford and Wentz as my two guys to rotate but without Golladay out for who knows how long and Wentz’s next few matchups I’m not sure who to drop or add. Got guys like Mitch, Bridgewater, Minshew, Goff and Cousins on waivers but not sure if any of em are better options. HELP! 

Edited by LAeagle

5 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

I’m not sure what to do at QB. Drafted Stafford and Wentz as my two guys to rotate but without Golladay for who knows how long and Wentz’s next few matchups I’m not sure who to drop or add. Got guys like Mitch, Bridgewater, Minshew, Goff and Cousins on waivers but not sure if any of em are better options. HELP! 

I like Stafford against ARI next week in what should be a fast-paced, high scoring game, so I’d keep him. I’m thinking Goff may be the play this week over Stafford. Rams are NOT gonna be able to run the ball against that front, Goff was efficient last week and looked pretty good, they just happened to run it in twice. Think he’s as good a bet as any for 300+ and 2 TDs. If the lions somehow lead in this game they’ll be content running it over and over again, there’s no scenario in which the Rams don’t air it out imo.

I'm still a big Stafford fan.  I would take him over the options being discussed in the last few posts.  It's worth noting that he should have had another TD last week as Swift had an egregious drop in the end zone on the second-to-last play of the game.

• Like 1