Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/26 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)

[Eloy] flips one over the rf wall for 3 run bomb. dudes power is ++

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved to GDT. In-game updates belong in the game day thread.

Keep it up Ian!!!

• Like 1

Talk of Brewers Red being boycotted/postponed...

1 minute ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

What the hell do the Brewers have to do with the shooting other than playing in the same state?

Who the hell knows...  Probably saw that the Bucks boycotted so they figured they probably should as well...

Smh.. I mean I get that the NBA wants full focus on the protests and police reform rather than the NBA playoffs.  I doubt Brewer's vs Reds regular season game does that good of ratings though.  Seems like they saw what NBA did and just say that's the good or move. And now other teams are talking about not playing. They asked Aaron Boone if they still plan to play and he said yes.

If any player mentions they should boycott, the whole team will go along.  In the big picture though, I feel that they are doing the only thing they feel like they have the power to do, which is boycott.  I don't see them continuing this, but who knows.  What would their demands be?  Who could give in to their demands?  No one person can stop or change police brutality or racism.  Any insight?

Officer pulls out gun on black guy

Partner whispers: "Uh sir, the Brewers boycotted their game tonight"

Officer slowly puts down weapon

• Haha 1

Just now, AlexxelA said:

If any player mentions they should boycott, the whole team will go along.  In the big picture though, I feel that they are doing the only thing they feel like they have the power to do, which is boycott.  I don't see them continuing this, but who knows.  What would their demands be?  Who could give in to their demands?  No one person can stop or change police brutality or racism.  Any insight?

One of the players said that the owners of the team will feel the loss of money and put pressure on the DAs or whatever.  Completely far fetched and half baked idea. Yankees already played one game today so would be sus if they suddenly want to not play the second.

Maybe security concerns with Milwaukee being so close Kenosha as well

I try to keep up with the news but life keeps me busy sometimes and had so far completely missed the Jacob Blake news. I'm betting I'm not the only person to become aware of it from the Brewers boycotting this game. Which kind of shows their goal of the protest worked.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Hey guys,

If you are more outraged about sports teams postponing games than you are about rampant police brutality in this country, then you are very much part of the reason why these athletes feel the need to take a stand like this in the first place.

Thanks

Nobody said that; you are assuming that.  We are not allowed to discuss the cancellation of sporting events on a sports website now?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

They are taking a stand by refusing to play a baseball game? Well hell that will solve the issue

14 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I try to keep up with the news but life keeps me busy sometimes and had so far completely missed the Jacob Blake news. I'm betting I'm not the only person to become aware of it from the Brewers boycotting this game. Which kind of shows their goal of the protest worked.

Presumably some percent of persons who became aware of it because of them will make sure it's something they keep in mind when it comes time to vote. Several cities have already made changes to how police handle things because of the BLM protests. Whether you agree with them is irrelevant, but it shows protests and continued pressure do make an impact. This is an effort by some people to continue that attention and pressure. The fact we're discussing it on a fantasy baseball forum is further evidence they've achieved their goal. ESPN and other sports networks will probably discuss it as well. And probably non-sports news formats.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 4