young dude

David Johnson or Fournette half ppr?

Consensus say Fournette. I just like Johnson's situation more personally.

Agreed - this is the same debate I'm having with myself before our draft.

I think LF is safer and less risky, DJ has more upside and more risk...and I'd probably put Taylor in there with most upside, highest risk.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought DJ looked really good last year when I saw the games - the play calling for him just sucked...but this was just limited RedZone viewing...I didn't watch full games. 

I am probably rolling with LF, but will no doubt be kicking myself if DJ outperforms.

Edited by FooserX
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FooserX said:

I thought DJ looked really good last year

giphy.gif

He was injured for most of the year, and he was absolutely terrible during that stretch. Before the injury, he was fine.
So to me there is that risk that the injury may still have effect, but even if not, he's fine at best, and not exactly high upside. 

8 hours ago, young dude said:

Consensus say Fournette. I just like Johnson's situation more personally.

I'm clearly on the Fournette side. People don't like him, and that's fine, but the Jags gave him 265 rushes and 100 targets last season, so it seems to me they do like him. Gimme.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

giphy.gif

He was injured for most of the year, and he was absolutely terrible during that stretch. Before the injury, he was fine.
So to me there is that risk that the injury may still have effect, but even if not, he's fine at best, and not exactly high upside. 

I'm clearly on the Fournette side. People don't like him, and that's fine, but the Jags gave him 265 rushes and 100 targets last season, so it seems to me they do like him. Gimme.

You guys need to stop posting that ONE play over and over and over. I havent seen any other play posted from DJ.

Im on fournettes side just because the team change AND houston hasnt really been good with RBs since Arian Foster

27 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You guys need to stop posting that ONE play over and over and over. I havent seen any other play posted from DJ.

Im on fournettes side just because the team change AND houston hasnt really been good with RBs since Arian Foster

Fair enough, but I also have a chart for you. 

image.png.9081a17107ad1dea3ae3bcc1d9c85320.png

The play in the gif was against the Bucs in early November, when he was supposed to back from an injury but clearly wasn't. But you can also see that even in December he was clearly still struggling a lot, with one decent game against the Steelers (on only 5 touches).

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The play in the gif was against the Bucs in early November, when he was supposed to back from an injury but clearly wasn't. But you can also see that even in December he was clearly still struggling a lot, with one decent game against the Steelers (on only 5 touches).

Jeez! Could you label those axis? Is it yards Y and Date on the X?

Could have suffered from a lingering injury + bad play calling. I still like DJ but i dont like his situation again. They did just give up DEANDRE HOPKINS for him so if hes not used i think there will be more riots.

Edited by bhawks489

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Is it yards Y and Date on the X?

Yes correct.

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Could have suffered from a lingering injury + bad play calling. I still like DJ but i dont like his situation again. They did just give up DEANDRE HOPKINS for him so if hes not used i think there will be more riots.

I have no idea what BOB is doing and I doubt anyone does. Not really an Offense I'm buying into - I even happily sold some of my shares of Watson.

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes correct.

I have no idea what BOB is doing and I doubt anyone does. Not really an Offense I'm buying into - I even happily sold some of my shares of Watson.

Hes playing 4D chess while youre playing in the sandbox buckaroo. Little did you know brandin cooks has all the athletic and football talents as hopkins AND MORE!

Yeah im not sure but Watson is a great QB and will make fantasy relevant players. Who tf knows with this team though. Strange offseason moves and no real direction/plan

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Hes playing 4D chess while youre playing in the sandbox buckaroo.

Or he's playing tic-tac-toe when the rest of the league is playing Magic:The Gathering. 

In any case, we both agree on Fournette. Not sexy, but we'd still take him over DJ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I knew a chart was coming!

• Haha 1