DerrickHenrysCleats

Adam Gase 2020 Outlook

This is the coach we Jet fans deserve. If you stick around and support this franchise, you are absolutely dull between the brain. This man was fired from the worst team in football, and then goes on to sign two of the men who helped get him fired. Tannehill goes off to get a fat payday and looks born-again. Kenyan Drake is a top 10 back in the league...

This man is toxic. Looks great in green. 

• Like 1

Remember the rule: what Gase touches, turns to ish.

But once the player gets away, he can be free to thrive.  Kenyan Drake, Jay Ajayi, Ryan Tannehill, Robbie Anderson...the list goes on and on.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Remember the rule: what Gase touches, turns to ish.

But once the player gets away, he can be free to thrive.  Kenyan Drake, Jay Ajayi, Ryan Tannehill, Robbie Anderson...the list goes on and on.

... or if the player (Parker) stays after Gasexit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

This is the coach we Jet fans deserve. If you stick around and support this franchise, you are absolutely dull between the brain. This man was fired from the worst team in football, and then goes on to sign two of the men who helped get him fired. Tannehill goes off to get a fat payday and looks born-again. Kenyan Drake is a top 10 back in the league...

This man is toxic. Looks great in green. 

As a Dolphins fan I take exception with being referred to as the worst team in football. One of the worst over the last few years, sure I'll own that. But, not the worst. And y'all been right there with us bro. Just sayin'.  

As for Gase, I'll agree with everything you said. So yeah, enjoy having that a__hole as your HC. 

43 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

FIRE THIS MAN 

Why would they fire him? He’s exactly what they need this year - a proven loser who gives them the best shot at an 0-16 season and the #1 draft pick. Literally hiring anyone else would give them a better shot at winning. Hell, even replacing him with a salt shaker would upgrade their chances of spoiling an 0-16 season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rainyy said:

I really have to give it to Adam Gase.   Here's a dude who is completely unqualified to be a NFL head coach.  Gets a gig anyway.  Fails spectacularly.  Many of his players find success elsewhere.  

No worries.  The Jets exist.  Gase gets a new gig.  Fails spectacularly.  Many of his players find success elsewhere.  But Gase keeps his job because the Jets exist.  

Fast-forward to 2020.  Picture yourself as Adam Gase.  You have to know you are on the hot seat, despite the Jets existing.  This season is your last chance, not only to stick as a NFL coach, but to salvage what little dignity you have left.  So, maybe, just maybe, you, hypothetical Adam Gase, think to yourself, "maybe I will try something different."  "Maybe I will learn from my mistakes because the past was a spectacular failure."

But you're not the real Adam Gase.  The real Adam Gase would rather die than compromise one ounce of his Gasiness.  You have to hand it to him.  Through the first three weeks of the season, Gase has given us the Gasiest of all Gase performances.  He's Gased harder and longer and faster than ever before.  And he's going to keep Gasing all over the Jets until he is dead or fired. 

These are, unquestionably, statement games, and the statement is "I am Adam Gase, this is who I am."  

Agree with all of this, but this isn’t the last chapter.  The Raiders and Bengals still exist.  There are still opportunities to Gase so hard if Gase just keeps a pure heart and doesn’t let his dreams die.

4 hours ago, meh2 said:

He’s exactly what they need this year - a proven loser who gives them the best shot at an 0-16 season and the #1 draft pick.

So they can draft another QB and waste them?

Those crazy Jets eh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Embarrassed Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation - Find & Share  on GIPHY

I remember I played in a league where the worst your players did, the better. 

Punter net yardage was a thing. Defenses got more points for allowing more points. Player touchdowns were negative points.

Jets would kill in that league. 

• Haha 1

The guy is a clown but isn't the GM more to blame? This roster is devoid of any talent.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

The guy is a clown but isn't the GM more to blame? This roster is devoid of any talent.

frank gore wasn't a good signing?

This guy has made a nice living from being a total fraud. No idea how he has a job but he has to be on a short leash, I'm guessing he gets fired but somehow lands a role with the Bengals or Browns, some other garbage organization.

I feel sorry for Adam Gase, I really do. His hands are tied. He's got the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL behind only Haskins. There's not much any Coach can do when they're tied to a QB as terrible as Darnold. Darnold and his wide open missed throws + boneheaded turnovers is going to get Gase fired.

Darnold is the biggest problem with the Jets. NOT Gase.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I feel sorry for Adam Gase, I really do. His hands are tied. He's got the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL behind only Haskins. There's not much any Coach can do when they're tied to a QB as terrible as Darnold. Darnold and his wide open missed throws + boneheaded turnovers is going to get Gase fired.

Darnold isn't exactly setup for success.  He's running for his life and his receivers can't get separation.  I don't think many QBs would be doing very well on that offense.  Do they even have 1 good skill player on offense with Bell out?

I was hoping I would wake up to an “Adam Gase Fired” thread today. Maybe Friday...(sigh)

8 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

nope. nope nope nope nope. you are wrong. Gase IS the problem. He's awful and ONLY has a job because Peyton Manning carried his a**. He's literally still coasting on fumes from that one season. This man is hands-down the worst coach in the league. If at all possible I avoid owning players he coaches and that rule has always worked out for me.

Darnold showed a lot of potential his rookie season. Gase came in and completely destroyed that and Darnold has regressed since then. Sam Darnold might not have been Dan Marino but he was on his way to being at least a serviceable starting QB until Gase got his hands on him and wrecked him, along with the rest of this franchise. I've followed the NFL for a quarter century and I can't remember any coach that has been SO incredibly bad AND such a complete and utter a**hole about it like this guy has. Any time players get away from Gase, be it through him finally, mercilessly getting fired or them getting traded or just leaving in FA, they get better. Any time players suffer the misfortune of falling in to his orbit they get worse, over and over. This happens consistently. The guy is a black hole of talent. He holds grudges against players for seasons and often refuses to give his most talented players touches for...reasons?

The fact he has a job, and got a second chance after what he did in Miami is insulting to every other MUCH more qualified coaching candidate out there. I would rather Jeff Fisher and his constant inept quest to finish over 500 than this putz. What's also frustrating is I know once he finally gets fired, hopefully next week, he'll pop up somewhere else, getting ANOTHER chance, probably as qb coach or something like that, then he'll work his way up to offensive coordinator then in a couple seasons people will be talking about recycling him as a head coach again. "He's totally learned his lesson. this is a NEW Adam Gase". 

The Jets GM is also **** but at least he knows enough to keep his head down and not be an a**hole about it. They should all be cleared out this offseason. I'm sure they will be and then the Jets will bring in like...Gregg Williams or Bill Belichick's intern to coach. Both of those options are better than Adam Gase and his shittiness.

I'm not even a Jets fan. I just hate that this guy has a job in the league and is allowed the chance to so aggressively negatively affect players' careers when they, on average, only get 3 seasons in the NFL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You feel sorry for someone that makes $2 mil a year, that sucks profusely, at their job?  Yikes.  I'll save my sympathy, for those that might truly deserve it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

nope. nope nope nope nope. you are wrong. Gase IS the problem. He's awful and ONLY has a job because Peyton Manning carried his a**. He's literally still coasting on fumes from that one season. This man is hands-down the worst coach in the league. If at all possible I avoid owning players he coaches and that rule has always worked out for me.

Darnold showed a lot of potential his rookie season. Gase came in and completely destroyed that and Darnold has regressed since then. Sam Darnold might not have been Dan Marino but he was on his way to being at least a serviceable starting QB until Gase got his hands on him and wrecked him, along with the rest of this franchise. I've followed the NFL for a quarter century and I can't remember any coach that has been SO incredibly bad AND such a complete and utter a**hole about it like this guy has. Any time players get away from Gase, be it through him finally, mercilessly getting fired or them getting traded or just leaving in FA, they get better. Any time players suffer the misfortune of falling in to his orbit they get worse, over and over. This happens consistently. The guy is a black hole of talent. He holds grudges against players for seasons and often refuses to give his most talented players touches for...reasons?

The fact he has a job, and got a second chance after what he did in Miami is insulting to every other MUCH more qualified coaching candidate out there. I would rather Jeff Fisher and his constant inept quest to finish over 500 than this putz. What's also frustrating is I know once he finally gets fired, hopefully next week, he'll pop up somewhere else, getting ANOTHER chance, probably as qb coach or something like that, then he'll work his way up to offensive coordinator then in a couple seasons people will be talking about recycling him as a head coach again. "He's totally learned his lesson. this is a NEW Adam Gase". 

The Jets GM is also **** but at least he knows enough to keep his head down and not be an a**hole about it. They should all be cleared out this offseason. I'm sure they will be and then the Jets will bring in like...Gregg Williams or Bill Belichick's intern to coach. Both of those options are better than Adam Gase and his shittiness.

I'm not even a Jets fan. I just hate that this guy has a job in the league and is allowed the chance to so aggressively negatively affect players' careers when they, on average, only get 3 seasons in the NFL. 

DisastrousGrandioseElver-max-1mb.gif

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

DisastrousGrandioseElver-max-1mb.gif

that's a phenomenal GIF. Gase is like the dad who doesn't know he's not actually on the football team, he's just there to make sure his kid gets to practice and to bring the half-time orange slices when it's his turn. 

Adam Gase isn't fit to manage an Arby's let alone an NFL team. I doubt he makes it past Week 4. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Embarrassed Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation - Find & Share  on GIPHY

Hate all you want, in this age of football it's difficult to be this consistent across the board. 

• Haha 1