ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

UDFA RB from Baylor, that was given a sizable bonus to join SF.

Smaller dude at 5'9" 205, but runs with surprising power and has incredible change of direction speed and solid passing game chops. He tested out really well as a 90%+ SPARQ athlete and scouts like Zierlein lauded his intelligence and feel for the game. There is a small corner of twitter that has been all over this guy since he signed on with SF.

Every report I have seen from camp has said he continues to make plays and turn heads. He might be on the verge of making the team as the 4th RB, which doesn't mean much for most leagues...but, we've seen plenty of guys emerge under the Shannies over the years. I just have a feeling he is gonna be a hot waiver add at some point.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad you started this thread! He is/was one of my favorite deep sleepers at RB in all of my dynasty leagues. Absolutely perfect landing spot, and if Shanahan can unlock his potential, he may turn into something special. Dude can absolutely play football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the latest news

 

The Athletic's Matt Barrows and David Lombardi report UDFA RB JaMycal Hasty has been standing out in 49ers camp. 

Lombardi raves that Hasty has been "elusive, separates on pass patterns in one-on-drills and is difficult for defenders to square up because of natural fluidity and change-of-direction ability in traffic." Lombardi believes it is unlikely that Hasty would make it through waives unclaimed. The pre-draft knock on Hasty was that he relied too much on agility instead of physicality to move the ball, but running back whisperer Kyle Shanahan could be the man to unlock his full potential. Keep Hasty rostered in Dynasty leagues.

 

  • The Athletic believes 49ers RB Jeff Wilson's 53-man roster spot is threatened by UDFA JaMycal Hasty's impressive camp. 

    David Lombardi reports that Wilson has not been unimpressive, but that Hasty continues to turn heads. The 49ers are not going to keep five running backs and will be tempted to bet on Hasty's long-term upside. 

    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Aug 27, 2020, 7:33 PM ET
     
  •  
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely to be promoted from the practice roster for this weekends game. Don't be surprised if he gets some looks as the 49ers employ a rushing attach of McKinnon, Wilson, and Hasty.

Capture.PNG

Edited by kco734

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49ers have about half the RB's in the NFL but Hasty has a good opportunity this week (once he gets activated from the practice squad). Honestly who knows with this team, seems like a revolving door of talented guys producing in Shanny's system and then getting hurt. Hasty could get his turn in the sun or may just see a handful of touches until SF gets healthy, but if you missed out on the top waiver adds this guy is well worth a bench stash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I nabbed him back onto my 16 team benches. It is worth a spin and see. I am 99% certain the only reason Wilson made the team is due to his ST contributions.

Shanny likes to use 3 backs, so if/when Hasty gets some action, he could def impress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How soon can we start calling him J' Nasty ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a good lottery ticket as much as the next guy and I’d love to join this train, but it seems like an awful lot has to happen for this guy to be fantasy relevant, no?

Mostert is only expected to be out a couple games, right? Coleman out maybe 4? Plus there’s still McKinnon and Wilson in his way. So, even if Hasty somehow leapfrogs McKinnon and Wilson over the next couple weeks, Mostert will then be back and then Coleman back too. How can we reasonably expecting production out of Hasty this season? How are we hoping this happens?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I love a good lottery ticket as much as the next guy and I’d love to join this train, but it seems like an awful lot has to happen for this guy to be fantasy relevant, no?

Mostert is only expected to be out a couple games, right? Coleman out maybe 4? Plus there’s still McKinnon and Wilson in his way. So, even if Hasty somehow leapfrogs McKinnon and Wilson over the next couple weeks, Mostert will then be back and then Coleman back too. How can we reasonably expecting production out of Hasty this season? How are we hoping this happens?

 

 

You must not be familiar with the SF RB situation.

 

Jeff Wilson had a monster game at one point last season and he spent most the year on the practice squad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I love a good lottery ticket as much as the next guy and I’d love to join this train, but it seems like an awful lot has to happen for this guy to be fantasy relevant, no?

Mostert is only expected to be out a couple games, right? Coleman out maybe 4? Plus there’s still McKinnon and Wilson in his way. So, even if Hasty somehow leapfrogs McKinnon and Wilson over the next couple weeks, Mostert will then be back and then Coleman back too. How can we reasonably expecting production out of Hasty this season? How are we hoping this happens?

 

 

So are you advising us not to be... hasty... picking up this guy?

I'll show myself out of this thread.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

You must not be familiar with the SF RB situation.

 

Jeff Wilson had a monster game at one point last season and he spent most the year on the practice squad.

 

 

No, I get that. But, is that the hope for Hasty? That he randomly and unexpectedly busts off one great game over the next few weeks then disappears back into fantasy irrelevance? What good does that do anyone unless you happened to be forced to start him on that one random week. He doesn’t seem to have any realistic path to extended fantasy relevance. Mostert might be back as soon as next week, McKinnon is healthy, Wilson (The guy who had a monster game last season)  is healthy, and Coleman will be back in 5 weeks. Where does Hasty fit in?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

No, I get that. But, is that the hope for Hasty? That he randomly and unexpectedly busts off one great game over the next few weeks then disappears back into fantasy irrelevance? What good does that do anyone unless you happened to be forced to start him on that one random week. He doesn’t seem to have any realistic path to extended fantasy relevance. Mostert might be back as soon as next week, McKinnon is healthy, Wilson (The guy who had a monster game last season)  is healthy, and Coleman will be back in 5 weeks. Where does Hasty fit in?

Most would say Mostert didn't have a path last year either...sometimes all it takes is a slight window.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

No, I get that. But, is that the hope for Hasty? That he randomly and unexpectedly busts off one great game over the next few weeks then disappears back into fantasy irrelevance? What good does that do anyone unless you happened to be forced to start him on that one random week. He doesn’t seem to have any realistic path to extended fantasy relevance. Mostert might be back as soon as next week, McKinnon is healthy, Wilson (The guy who had a monster game last season)  is healthy, and Coleman will be back in 5 weeks. Where does Hasty fit in?

 

I understand what you mean in redraft. I think most of us own him in dynasty or redraft leagues will deep benches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Here I am doubting the fantasy viability of Hasty while simultaneously becoming enchanted with Bryce Love.

I am biased lets get that out of the way first... but hasty if is activated will have a window of opportunity... and love was a great college rb def a special place for that guy but gibson is about a week away from slamming that window shut... so for a bench stash guess it depends on which you think has aligned opportunity sooner... hasty may have one this week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hard1 said:

I am biased lets get that out of the way first... but hasty if is activated will have a window of opportunity... and love was a great college rb def a special place for that guy but gibson is about a week away from slamming that window shut... so for a bench stash guess it depends on which you think has aligned opportunity sooner... hasty may have one this week

 

Not to switch gears, but Gibby could get hurt and open the opportunity for Love.  This underscores the nature of football; guys get hurt, and the next man must step up.  If you are talented, then you will shine.  If you have talent and a good system, then so much the better.  In the 49ers case, Shanny is the RB whisperer.  I doubt McKinnon will be given a full workload due to his two-year absence, and as a result the 49ers will deploy a three-man committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest Rotoworld news is, he was released. I assume that is old news - what is current situation.   Yesterday, I read he was on the protected list for practice squad.  Is being on practice squad technically considered released or does he have nothing to do with the team at this point?

Edit - I found this:  https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-rookie-jamycal-hasty-expected-make-nfl-debut-vs-giants
 

The 49ers have tried to keep rookie running back JaMycal Hasty off the NFL radar, but they might find that more challenging after Sunday's game against the New York Giants. With Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman both out for an undetermined amount of time with knee sprains, Hasty could make his NFL debut. 

Edited by nine9s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.