ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

I dropped McKinnon for him before the games started just based off how average the former looked the last few weeks. I thought Jet was going to have a good year but he somehow lost a step in the last couple weeks. Meanwhile Hasty looks like Devonta Freeman his breakout year.

Edited by sSektor

He looked great today. Shifty, hard, sharp jump cuts. Breaking tackles on a lot of his runs. Even had one nice catch for 16 yards. It took Jeff Wilson getting injure, but McKinnon seemed to lack even more burst & lateral quickness in this game after Wilson got carted off. Let's see if he starts as the 1st & 2nd down back next week. Personally I think he will

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Jeff Wilson comes in last second to ruin the hype... Tevin Coleman going to do it next week lol.

After Wilson got injured (same leg) after seemingly rushing back from a calf injury, I would think Shanny would have doubts about throwing Coleman in head first & might choose to ease him back in. Niners can't really afford any more injuries to the backfield

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Coleman came out carried it 25 times next weekend. Not at all. 

We have to hope for an inactive, otherwise you'd risk getting Mckinnon'd. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

After Wilson got injured (same leg) after seemingly rushing back from a calf injury, I would think Shanny would have doubts about throwing Coleman in head first & might choose to ease him back in. Niners can't really afford any more injuries to the backfield

YUUUUUUUUUGE game in Seattle next week ... they gotta keep up with that aerial circus - this kid looks like their most explosive option - SeaHags pretty stout vs the run thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Coleman came out carried it 25 times next weekend. Not at all. 

I hope, I wish no ill will on any player but he'll be gone and out before the 2nd H if they try to give him that much work.

• Like 1

He looked good. Would not surprise me to see him start over Coleman next week, but we'll have to see what Coleman has left in the tank.

19 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Shanahan is really stupid. I can see this happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Really stupid? Guy is getting 100 yard days out of Jeff Wilson. He's a brilliant coach. Bad for fantasy though. 

• Like 2

This last man standing thing is getting old. There’s 5 of em!!!! Plus the damn FB. 

Coleman looms unfortunately. I am sure he will get the nod ahead of Hasty and steal meaningful touches. We shall see.

30 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Yea pretty sure winning REAL football games is worth a lot more than any Fantasy Football League. This is just par the course for Shannahan, he loves his RBBC and I was one of the fools who actually played McKinnon this week and got a whopping (-)0.10 pts from my RB2, OOF!

Hasty looked really good even playing all 3-downs after Wilson Jr exited! Coleman due to return Week 8 and could definitely see him getting the 1st down and 2nd down looks with Hasty getting 3rd down! Either way McKinnon looks like the odd man out!

Coleman stays hurt a lot, so if you have this guy I would definitely keep him for a bit to see what happens.

• Like 1

What's with the assumption Coleman is back next week? Shanahan said he has an OUTSIDE chance to play week 8. That doesnt sound like a good chance to me. Hasty got a tasty matchup next week. Nom nom f'n nom.

holding for now, if coleman plays next week then i'll bench, if not he's flex worthy. 

26 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

What's with the assumption Coleman is back next week? Shanahan said he has an OUTSIDE chance to play week 8. That doesnt sound like a good chance to me. Hasty got a tasty matchup next week. Nom nom f'n nom.

I hope so. A part of me just feels like the second I start him Jet Mckinnon suddenly gets 20 carries again.

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

is he worth a top 1-3 waiver?

I think so, you have to gamble on these RBs with good situations because of injury. It's still a risk, but RBs are so scarce right now it's worth it to miss on a few if it means hitting the golden ticket. With Hasty right now it's pretty much a 50/50 lotto ticket, and those are good odds.

Edited by harck

I regret picking up Dillon to stash and not him. If Coleman isn't back, he's definitely worth the start next week. I'm not sure on the ROS value because of the way Shanny rotates his RBs, but for the next week he's at minimum a Flex.

Maybe Shanahan was hoping to “hide” Tasty in anticipation of next weeks game against SEA........Nah. 

this kid is a strong hold, all of the san fran backs are injury prone...last man standing he will be the bellcow by week 9. lol

2 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Shanahan is really stupid. 

They just skull****ed Belichick in Foxborough by 4 TDs.  And this is your take?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

They just skull****ed Belichick in Foxborough by 4 TDs.  And this is your take?

Yeah, like beating NE with Scam Newton is a tough assignment.

2 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Really stupid? Guy is getting 100 yard days out of Jeff Wilson. He's a brilliant coach. Bad for fantasy though. 

Yeah, he's stupid. He blew it in the SB like no one has ever before him. 

• Like 2