ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Shanahan is really stupid. I can see this happening.

On a forum full of reactionary takes and boldly dumb assertions, this might be the most impressively stupid post I've ever seen.  Congrats.

You don't like Shanahan's coaching in the SB?  Look at the Falcons without him- he's clearly the only reason they even sniffed a championship.  He's improved the yards per game, points per game, and turnover differential of every offense he's coached.

This is the epitome of emotional reasoning (grossly over simplifying one game that stands out to you) over rational thought (an entire career of offensive superiority).  I mean... wow.

Edited by Felicia's Bye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Would really love to see what he could do with more touches, encouraging this happened in the 2nd Qtr...

Is Tevin Coleman really that much of a threat??

28 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Would really love to see what he could do with more touches, encouraging this happened in the 2nd Qtr...

Yes. I would not rule out Coleman because look at this week. The entire discussion this week was Hasty vs. Mckinnon. Wilson comes in and becomes the featured back. Nobody, not a single paid FF analyst or a single soul in this thread thought Wilson would be THE guy even if activated from his calf injury. 

From what I've seen of all Shanny backs thus far, they all look good. Can never discount a guy, because the system is good, the blocking is good. Mckinnon looked good carrying the load, Mostert looked very very good obviously, Coleman has looked good in the past, and Wilson looked really good this week. Next week we have no idea if it's Hasty, Mckinnon, or Coleman.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

If I had a dollar for every time I read a quote like this from him on Hasty in the last 2 weeks, I’d be able to retire. Wouldn’t be surprised if he activates someone we’ve never heard of next week and gives him 20 touches. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, harck said:

Yes. I would not rule out Coleman because look at this week. The entire discussion this week was Hasty vs. Mckinnon. Wilson comes in and becomes the featured back. Nobody, not a single paid FF analyst or a single soul in this thread thought Wilson would be THE guy even if activated from his calf injury. 

From what I've seen of all Shanny backs thus far, they all look good. Can never discount a guy, because the system is good, the blocking is good. Mckinnon looked good carrying the load, Mostert looked very very good obviously, Coleman has looked good in the past, and Wilson looked really good this week. Next week we have no idea if it's Hasty, Mckinnon, or Coleman.

To be fair, on the Mostert thread I said it would be a 4-headed time share between Wilson / Hasty / Coleman / McKinnon and that none could be trusted.

Now I think Hasty is probably worth a gamble in 12+ team leauges, since one of the 4 guys are out of the picture and Coleman I think is washed.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

To be fair, on the Mostert thread I said it would be a 4-headed time share between Wilson / Hasty / Coleman / McKinnon and that none could be trusted.

Now I think Hasty is probably worth a gamble in 12+ team leauges, since one of the 4 guys are out of the picture and Coleman I think is washed.

Pretty much everyone has been saying it's a 4 man backfield. Outside the box thinkers picked up Hasty last week. Of course he's worth the gamble at this point but you already missed your free chance to do so. Now gotta hope he makes it to you from the waiver wire. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Pretty much everyone has been saying it's a 4 man backfield. Outside the box thinkers picked up Hasty last week. Of course he's worth the gamble at this point but you already missed your free chance to do so. Now gotta hope he makes it to you from the waiver wire. 

You are wrong.  Everyone was saying it would be McKinnon the guy to own, instead of the muddled mess it proved to be.

Edited by El_Chingon

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

You are wrong.  Everyone was saying it would be McKinnon the guy to own, instead of the muddled mess it proved to be.

He's talking about in this thread, the feeling in here was it was going to be a blend of all 4 with Wilson leading the way if he was activated, didn't think they would run wilson into the ground given his injury to his calf

And with that foreshadowing, I can see the same with Coleman when he returns, hopefully we are wrong and that's all we can ask for, Hasty is a hold, and if desperate like myself, I may roll him out there

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 2

Just now, El_Chingon said:

You are wrong.  Everyone was saying it would be McKinnon the guy to own.

Yikes well agree to disagree. 

Going forward, Hasty is the best option until Mostert returns. Looks like Wilson is seriously hurt and McKinnon is highly unlikely to command a large share of the backfield. JaMycal's got possible RB2 value this week and has oodles and oodles of ceiling

3 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Yikes well agree to disagree. 

Going forward, Hasty is the best option until Mostert returns. Looks like Wilson is seriously hurt and McKinnon is highly unlikely to command a large share of the backfield. JaMycal's got possible RB2 value this week and has oodles and oodles of ceiling

You misunderstood my post sir.

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

You misunderstood my post sir.

Not in the slightest. Was just getting back on track trying not to get in a back and forth over what was said in threads last week. 

I speak for myself but I dont follow Fantasy Analyst or Experts for advice. I've had this guy on my radar since Sept. Honestly it has only hurt me in the past. 

I also wanted to point out that Deebo Samuel also suffered an injury as well. They use him a lot on runs sweeps and reverses ....Hasty arrow pointing up

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

Not in the slightest. Was just getting back on track trying not to get in a back and forth over what was said in threads last week. 

Then I'm not sure what you disagree with, it seems you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  You said, "Pretty much everyone has been saying it's a 4 man backfield" which is not true. When Mostert went down, McKinnon was universally touted as the handcuff to own. 

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Then I'm not sure what you disagree with, it seems you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  You said, "Pretty much everyone has been saying it's a 4 man backfield" which is not true. When Mostert went down, McKinnon was universally touted as the handcuff to own. 

Dude you came in this thread celebrating some phantom take that you had that doesn't even line up to how many people viewed the situation.

I was just trying to tell you if you really saw things so clearly last week you should have picked up Hasty then. And I responded directly to your point that Hasty is worth a gamble this week. No duh! He was worth the gamble last week. 

2 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Dude you came in this thread celebrating some phantom take that you had that doesn't even line up to how many people viewed the situation.

I was just trying to tell you if you really saw things so clearly last week you should have picked up Hasty then. And I responded directly to your point that Hasty is worth a gamble this week. No duh! He was worth the gamble last week. 

Yes Hasty will be worth a gamble but is nothing special, I actually have him rostered in many leagues but hoping I won't have to start him unless I'm desperate.  San Francisco will probably find a way to give carries to Juzchych (sp?) lol.

• Like 1

Yes Hasty will be worth a gamble but is nothing special, I actually have him rostered in many leagues but hoping I won't have to start him unless I'm desperate.  San Francisco will probably find a way to give carries to Juzchych (sp?) lol.

I'm sad that you think he's nothing special but glad to hear you have some shares of him just in case. 

I hope JaMycal balls out and you believe in him a lil' more next week. If you go back a couple pages in this thread I almost lost faith and cut him in one of my leagues. 

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

I'm sad that you think he's nothing special but glad to hear you have some shares of him just in case. 

I hope JaMycal balls out and you believe in him a lil' more next week. If you go back a couple pages in this thread I almost lost faith and cut him in one of my leagues. 

I watched him a lot at Baylor, he is explosive and extremely fast but what I noticed is he needs more patience and better vision.  He plays at full speed all the time but needs to learn to play with different gears to set up his blocks.  But he is explosive and worth stashing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I watched him a lot at Baylor, he is explosive and extremely fast but what I noticed is he needs more patience and better vision.  He plays at full speed all the time but needs to learn to play with different gears to set up his blocks.  But he is explosive and worth stashing.

I don't doubt your scouting report but I'm not sure how much it matters. Niners roster doesn't exactly include blue chip RB prospects who tick off every box you want. At this point, we're probably talking about Hasty, McKinnon and Coleman for the next month-ish. Are you that much more confident in the two veterans to set up blocks and change gears? I'm not at all. Both have them have looked like dust this season 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

I don't doubt your scouting report but I'm not sure how much it matters. Niners roster doesn't exactly include blue chip RB prospects who tick off every box you want. At this point, we're probably talking about Hasty, McKinnon and Coleman for the next month-ish. Are you that much more confident in the two veterans to set up blocks and change gears? I'm not at all. Both have them have looked like dust this season 

Yes, couldn't agree more on talent alone I would much rather have Hasty over those guys at this point, but the talent isn't enough to avoid a committee IMO they will probably go with a committe between those 3 guys and give carries to Aiyuk and the fullback just to rub salt on the fantasy wound lol.  That said Hasty is worth a stash for sure, just to see what happens.

Those in here bashing Shanahan...take that whining to the rant forum.  He is one of the best offensive coaches out there.  He makes undrafted guys into all-pro talent because of his scheming.  Matt Ryan won MVP because of his system. 

Now back to Hasty.  He has a real opportunity here with Mostert and likely Wilson out.  I can see him getting early down work with McKinnon getting passing downs. Teco will likely get a series or 2 along with some short yardage plays.  If the niners are going to beat Seattle this week it's going to involve a good ground game with PA passing.  Yes it could be a problem if SF falls behind big early but considering Hastys high ceiling paired with the low investment, there is a lot to like here.  

This week vs Seattle:

Ceiling 150 total yards and 3 TDs (70% of the touches)

Floor 30 total yards (plays behind McKinnon and Teco)

My prediction = 100 total yards and 1 TD (60% of the work)

Yes, couldn't agree more on talent alone I would much rather have Hasty over those guys at this point, but the talent isn't enough to avoid a committee IMO they will probably go with a committe between those 3 guys and give carries to Aiyuk and the fullback just to rub salt on the fantasy wound lol.  That said Hasty is worth a stash for sure, just to see what happens.

15 touches is all Hasty needs to be a tasty RB2. 

Wilson was the bell cow in Week 7 and when he got knocked out Hasty took over. Doesn't mean that will carry over but it's a good sign that Shanny is willing to consolidate RB touches if that's the best option for the team. Right now, with these guys currently healthy the best thing for the team is to give Hasty those 15 touches. He can do that with a 60 percent snap share and it's not asking too much. If McKinnon or Coleman are washed they will not see snaps just because.

49 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I speak for myself but I dont follow Fantasy Analyst or Experts for advice. I've had this guy on my radar since Sept. Honestly it has only hurt me in the past. 

I also wanted to point out that Deebo Samuel also suffered an injury as well. They use him a lot on runs sweeps and reverses ....Hasty arrow pointing up

Deebo actually played RB on a handful of snaps. Juice also got quite a few carriers. Shannahan is an offensive god. Wilson looked like the second coming of Terrell Davis before pulling the hat trick and his ankle. 

Kyle is making him earn it, he want's to see that he will take care of the ball and protect when needed. I fully expect Tevin and Jerrick's roles to increase. If they don't produce and Hasty keeps showing the explosiveness that he has then Hasty will get more opportunities. 

Hasty should be rostered in all leagues IMO.... He is not rostered in my 10 team league, I just hope I can drop B. Scott for him this week. 

Anyone watch detail of his plays to judge Hasty's pass blocking?     With his low college play, I suspect poor blocking might be what is keeping him to limited usage but I would not be a good judge and not sure if he has played enough in NFL for fans to judge.  Anyone? 

Edited by nine9s

I’m wondering if McKinnon is not 100%. He was the clear lead back and played well in both games Mostert missed previously, with Wilson active in each. So what changed so significantly between weeks 4 and 7?

If Wilson and Mostert are both on the shelf and with Coleman being, well, Coleman, Hasty may just be the best man for the job at this point. And I’d def take a chance on a runner with his kind of explosiveness in that Niners run game.

• Like 1