ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

Tevin Coleman is looming, Hasty people.  Let the buyer beware.

• Haha 1

What did Coleman do other than punch in 3 goalline TDs in that one game last season?

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tevin Coleman is looming, Hasty people.  Let the buyer beware.

Maybe Shanny will finally realize he sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some ppl are acting like Coleman is a stud. It's going to be a timeshare, and I'd imagine Hasty would be in there for passing downs. Coleman for GL looks.

Depending if it's PPR or standard scoring, each will have their advantages.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

What did Coleman do other than punch in 3 goalline TDs in that one game last season?

Well he did have that one game earlier this year where he had 14 carries for 12 yards...against the Jets. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

This just seems crazy to me. Even if he was promised something that's no guarantee. It takes some brass balls to turn down more money to be on a real roster for what might become something down the line on a team with stacked running backs and stay on the practice squad.

People keep forgetting how much he respects and wanted to learn from 49ers RB coach "Bobby Tuner"

>>“That’s my reason for coming here and also to be coached by a legend in coach Bobby T. You can’t pass that up.” 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/jamycal-hasty-details-why-bobby-turner-49ers-were-best-fit-him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Well he did have that one game earlier this year where he had 14 carries for 12 yards...against the Jets. 

I agree.  Tevin Coleman sucks.  The sooner he is benched or cut the better.  But Shanny loves his vets so I think it is going to have to play out.

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I agree.  Tevin Coleman sucks.  The sooner he is benched or cut the better.  But Shanny loves his vets so I think it is going to have to play out.

You've repeated this 20 times today.  Your point has been made.  Thanks for your contribution.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

this thread is eerily similar to last weeks thread where hasty was not seen until wilson went down.  why should we think this week will be any different (minus coleman for wilson).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

You've repeated this 20 times today.  Your point has been made.  Thanks for your contribution.  

I am going to keep peppering updates.  Coleman or Hasty is one of the biggest decisions of week 8.  

Next question: will Tevin Coleman practice in full again today?  I am told Seattle San Fran has been flexed to Sunday night, so we will have to decide before we know if Coleman will be active or not to use a player from an earlier game instead.  

If Coleman and Hasty are both active, scary stuff.  Shannahan could pull another switcheroo.

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am going to keep peppering updates.  Coleman or Hasty is one of the biggest decisions of week 8.  

Next question: will Tevin Coleman practice in full again today?  I am told Seattle San Fran has been flexed to Sunday night, so we will have to decide before we know if Coleman will be active or not to use a player from an earlier game instead.  

If Coleman and Hasty are both active, scary stuff.  Shannahan could pull another switcheroo.

Where did you hear the game has been flexed to Sunday Night? My understanding is this decision has to be made 12 days in advance. Maybe there's a Covid loophole I'm missing?

14 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Where did you hear the game has been flexed to Sunday Night? My understanding is this decision has to be made 12 days in advance. Maybe there's a Covid loophole I'm missing?

They've already flexed games multiple times due to COVID with only a couple days of notice. Though the only COVID stuff I've been seeing are the NYG and LAC lineman.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Some ppl are acting like Coleman is a stud. It's going to be a timeshare, and I'd imagine Hasty would be in there for passing downs. Coleman for GL looks.

Depending if it's PPR or standard scoring, each will have their advantages.

I see this repeated often, but based off the last few weeks of this season -- Shanny has not run a timeshare. Mostert gets full starting role and a ton of carries, then Jet, then Wilson. We have not really seen him employ a RBBC committee in the past few weeks despite having a plethora of talent to do so.

The second point on Coleman not being a stud, I'm sure nearly everyone you asked last week would have said the same of Wilson. Wilson was a nobody. The backup to the backup. Yet Wilson gets the start out of nowhere and balls out. Shanny has a good system going, and with the line playing like they are combined with the creative playcalling -- any RB is going to flourish here.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Hoping he has a huge week so I can attempt to trade him for anything.

Cause?

How many times does a Niners RB get massive hype before a game and it actually works out?  Can anybody answer that?

I think Shanny trolls these boards.  He gives the load to the RB who is getting the least attention.  Which in this case is probably Kyle Jusczczcyk, or however you spell his name that seems to be missing some vowels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

How many times does a Niners RB get massive hype before a game and it actually works out?  Can anybody answer that?

I think Shanny trolls these boards.  He gives the load to the RB who is getting the least attention.  Which in this case is probably Kyle Jusczczcyk, or however you spell his name that seems to be missing some vowels.

this is so on point

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think this is a good question to ask before starting any of the guys, because you've got to be really desperate to give any of them a go this week. But asking how many times a Niners RB has been productive is exactly why it's worth grabbing any of the available options and stashing them if you've got the space. 

I think Wilson likely would have been the guy this week if he had managed to stay healthy. If one of the remaining guys can perform this week and avoid getting hurt I think we're looking at a flex worthy guy for the next couple weeks. 

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

worked for mostert while he could stay upright.

A friend told me Seattle San Fran was flexed to SNF but now I cannot find anything on it.  Perhaps he got mixed up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A friend told me Seattle San Fran was flexed to SNF but now I cannot find anything on it.  Perhaps he got mixed up.

He told me that he was trolling you. 

If Coleman does not play, Hasty is the lead dog. I think McKinnon has lost whatever role was planned for him at that start. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Maybe he was referring to last weeks Seattle game against Cards that was originally a afternoon game then moved to Sunday night.  Haven’t seen anything about this weeks Seattle game moving to the Sunday night slot. 

• Thanks 1

Our ideal scenario is the earliest possible report that Coleman will be inactive.  Even then, Shannahan is dwimmer-crafty enough to make it a McKinnon game.  His dad was just the same.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Our ideal scenario is the earliest possible report that Coleman will be inactive.  Even then, Shannahan is dwimmer-crafty enough to make it a McKinnon game.  His dad was just the same.

Well last week they did announce Wilson active before the noon games even started so maybe you’ll get your answer with Coleman Sunday morning.