ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

49ers GM John Lynch said the team is “hopeful” Tevin Coleman (knee) will be available for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.

Coleman was given a "heavy workload" in practice this week. The 49ers want to see how his knee responds, but barring setbacks, he should return Sunday. With Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson on IR, Coleman looks like the Week 8 touch favorite. He'll be part of a three back committee with Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty.

Abandon ship!!!

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

49ers GM John Lynch said the team is “hopeful” Tevin Coleman (knee) will be available for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.

Coleman was given a "heavy workload" in practice this week. The 49ers want to see how his knee responds, but barring setbacks, he should return Sunday. With Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson on IR, Coleman looks like the Week 8 touch favorite. He'll be part of a three back committee with Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty.

Abandon ship!!!

Watch Hasty go off once we all get off the train

• Haha 1

Maybe that heavy workload will take its toll and we can get some clarity for Sunday.

Seems like every week theres a 49er back that just absolutely goes off, we went from a 1/2 chance its hasty to a 1/3 chance if coleman plays the way i see it

Edited by JaylenBrownFanclub

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Coleman is active I might just roll Coleman and Hasty.  I have to start at least one of them.  

:(

I'm rolling the dice on hasty, he'll get us 7 points at leasst, better than a goose egg I suppose.....

Starting to think they want Coleman back because of McKinnon. I’m hopeful it’s a 2 man backfield between him and Hasty, if I had to put money on it I’d say Hasty will do more with his touches. 

Seattle this week, and the 32 ranked GB rush defense next week. There is a path for success..

Just now, Breesus said:

Starting to think they want Coleman back because of McKinnon. I’m hopeful it’s a 2 man backfield between him and Hasty, if I had to put money on it I’d say Hasty will do more with his touches. 

Seattle this week, and the 32 ranked GB rush defense next week. There is a path for success..

He can do more with his touches but it won't matter if he only gets 5 touches. 

Just now, Cardiak said:

He can do more with his touches but it won't matter if he only gets 5 touches. 

That’s my point on the post, if McKinnon’s legs are giving him trouble I think Hasty should get a decent workload, 10-15 touches? 

i think he’s the best healthy back on their roster, they are a dominant run team, I think it’s worth the gamble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:

If Coleman plays, you just can’t start Hasty

But can you start Coleman?

• Haha 1

Would not feel good starting anyone from this backfield this week. We gotta see who Shanny trots out and if they kill it, then said player becomes a goldmine for the next 3-4 weeks. Until then though, not risking the goose egg.

13 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

spacer.png

You can’t read code? I thought it was clear as day 

All this back and forth, watch Aiyuk and Juszczyk score all the rushing TD’s this week 😅.. all jokes aside the different variables of what can happen rushing distribution wise this week with Hasty and Coleman are wide ranging, I don’t see how you can count on either, but with bye weeks I understand some may be forced. 

Edited by CroNY

7 minutes ago, CroNY said:

All this back and forth, watch Aiyuk and Juszczyk score all the rushing TD’s this week 😅.. all jokes aside the different variables of what can happen rushing distribution wise this week with Hasty and Coleman are wide ranging, I don’t see how you can count on either, but with bye weeks I understand some may be forced. 

For reals, aiyuk on the jet sweep and juice with the fb dive or catching a swing pass and both fall into the endzone

I know there a lot of questions but I don't see how Hasty doesn't get a decent touch count with SF needing to control time of possession. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But can you start Coleman?

Yes- if he's having a full workload in practice, he will be a flex option. The SF backfield is usually good for 80-120 YFS and good shot at a TD 

I am going to keep waiting for more news.  Since I have to start at least one of Hasty or Coleman, I may just use both so I hopefully get at least one good outing between them.

Shannonhan or McVay....nope...if there's not a clear cut starter...abort

Hasty's fantasy relevance is hanging on by a thread. He needs to split the work with just one of McKinnon/Coleman this week, perform well and then do it again next week. At that point we're also talking about Mostert and Wilson potentially returning soon. Feels like best case scenario is 1-2 spot starts from this dude.  Love this guys talent and all but I'm bending over backwards trying to project any tangible long term fantasy value.

Talent could win out here.  Hasty is a definite hold.  The 49ers are in the best, tightest division and Shanahan is going to play whichever RB(s) gives them the best chance to win.  Coleman has a long history of underperforming (like last year when he lost the job to Mostert in Week 13). Weeks 9-12 last year (right before losing the job), Coleman's rushed 12 times for 23 yds, then 9-40, 12-14, 11-39.  Terrible.

If Hasty keeps playing like he has been (or improving), he could force his way into a huge role.

The San Francisco 49ers improved to 4-3 after a beatdown of the New England Patriots but remain in last place in the NFC West. The Niners still have work to do if they want to capture one of the seven playoff spots in the conference with four more divisional matchups left on the schedule.

The NFC West is the best division in football. The four teams are a combined 19-8 overall for a .704 win percentage, the best mark for any division after seven weeks of any NFL season since 1970, per ESPN Stats and Info.

San Francisco will be in tough over its next three games, with their opponents combining for a 14-4 record on the season. The good news is that the other teams in the division will also play a more challenging schedule in the coming weeks.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/27/21535655/49ers-nfc-west-roundup-nfl-week-7

from CBS:

(52 mins ago) Coleman (knee) appears on track to play in Sunday's game against Seattle, but the 49ers haven't announced a decision, Cam Inman of The Bay Area News Group reports.

Coleman has been on injured reserve, which means he isn't listed on the official practice/injury report and doesn't have a questionable/doubtful/out designation for the game. The 49ers did designate Coleman to return from IR earlier this week, and he's been practicing with his teammates since Wednesday. The team will need to move him to the active roster by Saturday afternoon in order to have him eligible for Sunday's game. With fellow running backs Raheem Mostert (ankle) and Jeff Wilson (knee) both unavailable, Coleman should have a significant role if he plays, though Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty also figure to get touches.

• Thanks 2

[...]  Hoping health rules the day in that crowded backfield.  I think it's the best bet.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story