ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

Something about this year is making every RB with a pulse a super controversial topic

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Something about this year is making every RB with a pulse a super controversial topic

It’s like all back ups are Cristian Michael 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

It’s like all back ups are Cristian Michael 

C Mic is on San Fran's practice also I believe. You still never know. Hold him and Josh Gordon on your bench and turn out to be the smart one in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think things are really stacking up in his favor for a 'hot-hand' role today:

-Wilson is kinda who he is, big body that has the RZ package

-Jet has been brought along slowly (smartly) and that turf will factor into his usage

-NYG D-Line is allowing the most yards before contact, while SF O-line is generating the most space

-game script looks at worse neutral and SF may want to take the air outta the ball more than usual with Mullens at QB

• Like 1

I just dropped Mckinnon to grab Hasty.

We already know what McKinnon is. A great athlete and football player who can't stay on the field. Nobody should be starting him today unless you're ravaged by injuries. And even if he blows up today, who would be comfortable starting him next week? Not me. And probably also not SF once their other backs are healthy - they won't take the risk. So best case scenario is I get a blow-up game from my bench.

But what if Hasty blows up in limited touches today? He's the one who stands to get an increased role from SF. And Mostert isn't a picture of health himself either.

Between McKinnon and Hasty, I see a much clearer path to fantasy paydirt with Hasty, regardless if it's an outside shot at best. For an end of bench stash, that's what I want.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

We already know what McKinnon is. A great athlete and football player who can't stay on the field. Nobody should be starting him today unless you're ravaged by injuries. And even if he blows up today, who would be comfortable starting him next week? Not me. And probably also not SF once their other backs are healthy - they won't take the risk. So best case scenario is I get a blow-up game from my bench.

But what if Hasty blows up in limited touches today? He's the one who stands to get an increased role from SF. And Mostert isn't a picture of health himself either.

Between McKinnon and Hasty, I see a much clearer path to fantasy paydirt with Hasty, regardless if it's an outside shot at best. For an end of bench stash, that's what I want.

I don't know about this one. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

There will be questions about his health after dealing with injuries. Not just in college but at Longview High School as well. Never had a full workload during his time at Baylor. Not many miles on the tires but conditioning would be a factor if given an extended role at the NFL level. His workload against high level of competition was very low.

Ball security is a huge concern with Hasty. He had six fumbles in the limited carries. His fumble rate is concerning and could be a reason that he stays off the field if he doesn’t take better care of the football. Not a guy you will want to stay in on pass protection, he doesn’t provide enough to keep him in on those situations.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/24/2020-nfl-draft-jamycal-hasty-scouting-report/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Just to come own my stink calls, I definitely had a little too much of this Kool-Aid... 💩

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He only got the ball a few times but he looked very shifty. I don't know how much of a role he will have this year barring more injuries but in deep dynasty leagues he is worth a look. Coleman will likely be gone next year, I could see his role increasing and we all know Shanny can make unknown RB's into household names. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So they used him once mostert went out, was it because they were in the lead?

5 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

So they used him once mostert went out, was it because they were in the lead?

First they brought in JET. However, he looked really slow. Then they brought in Hasty and he looked great. Not saying its a permanent move, just the one that worked out last night.

No way this guy can take over unless he gets a cool nickname like McKinnon though

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

No way this guy can take over unless he gets a cool nickname like McKinnon though

His first name is pretty cool

His last name is pretty much a walking nickname for an RB lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

a2f3ae6475ba2499cf7e0425e5a20de4.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I didn't realize Jeff Wilson was dealing with an injury, so this makes sense. How many running backs does SF have?! I'll drop $1 for him this week. Maybe two.