ST. STEVEN

JaMycal Hasty 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone think Hasty is worth a pick up if you have a solid bench? Or is this someone that's only worth an add if you have some fat to cut?

Fat to cut

It's a wait and see situation but it  could bear fruit

• Like 5

Jet just looks slow--esp laterally and his vision isn't helping. I'd wager Shanny sees it too.

Hasty has suddenness that is very apparent (as it was advertised). Look at how he finds the hole or crease and just sticks his foot into the ground and zooms.

It is time folks, hype train time. 📈🚀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I feel it in my bones

14-86-1, and Week 8's WW pickup of the week. 

Hasty - 12-48, 3-8

Mckinnon - 13-78-1, 5-35-1

I'd rather be a week early on this guy and miss than be a week late. 

Looks like he was shot out of a cannon on his carries.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jwilsonxo said:

Niner fan here. He is not going to win you your league. The end.

-Jeff Wilson owner

6 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I didn’t put a claim in for either SF running back, but I think it’s going to be Jeff Wilson a bit more. He was out with the calf injury last week. His stats are nothing to write home about, but he’s been there before

Nah

10 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

seems like his feet are moving a whole lot but he’s not getting nowhere.  🤔

Pretty sure that means he’s getting somewhere. 

On those runs the last two weeks, Hasty is displaying wiggle, pop, and power.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Don't Sleep for too long fellas, passes the eye test for me

I appreciate the video. He certainly doesn't have the size or strength to grind out tough yards, but his vision and change of direction skills appear good enough to get him into space where he can show off his burst and balance. Reminds me a lot of CEH, though I think CEH has more sneaky power and even better agility.

🇯🇲 🎶 JaMmin', JaMmin', I wanna JaM it with you ... we JaMmin' in the name of the lord... and I hope this JaM is gonna last 🎶

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Nah

-JaMycal Hasty owner 

5 minutes ago, kco734 said:

-JaMycal Hasty owner 

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet.....convince me

I'm teetering on the edge of picking this guy up... can't decide if he's worth the speculative add or not.

If its just him and jet and Jeff

He is an add and see

18 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet.....convince me

who knows man this backfield is a nightmare to figure out. As a Mostert & McKinnon owner I have no clue. McKinnon, Hasty, Coleman, and Wilson are all possible....flip a coin

Edited by kco734

As a McKinnon and Hasty manager, here are my 2 cents. I think we are over thinking this whole Shanahanigans thing. Some will say, OMG Jeff Wilson closed the game out against the Giants and then McKinnon was the main guy the next game. During this time, McKinnon was always the guy, it was a blow out against Giants and he got banged up because of a rib injury. Shanahan wanted to protect his guy, that's why Wilson got the load at the end. Let's fast forward to now. I think we can all admit McKinnon really has not looked too great the past 4 games. Yeah he put up some points but has been inefficient. This past Sunday Hasty not only looked better, but he closed the game out without a McKinnon injury. I think we have seen enough McKinnon and Shanahan knows he can not handle the load. Hasty is next man up and I am willing to bet Hasty is the lead dog this Sunday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

As a McKinnon and Hasty manager, here are my 2 cents. I think we are over thinking this whole Shanahanigans thing. Some will say, OMG Jeff Wilson closed the game out against the Giants and then McKinnon was the main guy the next game. During this time, McKinnon was always the guy, it was a blow out against Giants and he got banged up because of a rib injury. Shanahan wanted to protect his guy, that's why Wilson got the load at the end. Let's fast forward to now. I think we can all admit McKinnon really has not looked too great the past 4 games. Yeah he put up some points but has been inefficient. This past Sunday Hasty not only looked better, but he closed the game out without a McKinnon injury. I think we have seen enough McKinnon and Shanahan knows he can not handle the load. Hasty is next man up and I am willing to bet Hasty is the lead dog this Sunday. 

I basically think it comes down to who is running better that game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I basically think it comes down to who is running better that game.

Exactly, shanny is going to ride the hot hand. No one can predict thus backfield 

• Haha 1

I have a feeling if Wilson is out then Hasty will be in on 1st and 2nd downs with Mckinnon on 3rd.  Thats the way they closed out the Rams.  They probably don't trust Hasty in pass protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I appreciate the video. He certainly doesn't have the size or strength to grind out tough yards, but his vision and change of direction skills appear good enough to get him into space where he can show off his burst and balance. Reminds me a lot of CEH, though I think CEH has more sneaky power and even better agility.

🇯🇲 🎶 JaMmin', JaMmin', I wanna JaM it with you ... we JaMmin' in the name of the lord... and I hope this JaM is gonna last 🎶

Most backs struggle bruising it up the gut unless their name rhymes with Shmerick Henry 

As others have said he reminds a bit of Devonta Freeman -- also some Ahmad Bradshaw to his game. Hasty's got the chops if given the opportunity and I'd rather bet on him than Wilson or McKinnon.