Rotoworld.com Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2020 Outlook

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/29/distraught-ryan-fitzpartrick-exits-field-before-dolphins-scrimmage/

Via multiple reporters in attendance at the session, Ryan Fitzpatrick left the practice field before the session began. Here’s how Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald described it: “Before dolphins practice begins, Coach Brian Flores just walked QB Ryan Fitzpatrick off the field with his arm around him. Fitz seemed distraught. Not injury related.” (Apparently, the tweet has been deleted; others have posted similar tweets, however.)

Seems like sad news - hoping his family is ok :(

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Jones should be inquiring about this guy.

This is definitely the game that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts him in a great matchup and he’s proceeds to piss down his leg. 

It sounds like Fitzy thought he wouldn’t get benched until/unless he had a multi-pick meltdown game, or the Fins had mathematically fallen out of playoff contention. I think making the switch at this

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mustangt125 said:

I have to stream a QB this week.  Can he be trusted against a bad Jags team on Thursday Night Football? They're usually wack games, but Vegas has the O/U at 48 right now.  

the bolded is a bit of a stretch for a 1-1 team that already beat the division darlings (Dolts), and took last year's AFCCG losers (Titans) down to the wire 🤷‍♂️

that being said, yeah ... it's a nice spot for the Harvard Grad - but the Jags are not "bad"  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the bolded is a bit of a stretch for a 1-1 team that already beat the division darlings (Dolts), and took last year's AFCCG losers (Titans) down to the wire 🤷‍♂️

that being said, yeah ... it's a nice spot for the Harvard Grad - but the Jags are not "bad"  

Perhaps you're right.  However they gave up 300+ to Rivers' ghost and 30 to the Titans, so despite Minschew Mania, they don't really have anybody on defense.  Man I'm talking myself into firing up this legend.  No doubt if I do he'll get injured doing some insane dive over 3 defenders.

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

I have to stream a QB this week.  Can he be trusted against a bad Jags team on Thursday Night Football? They're usually wack games, but Vegas has the O/U at 48 right now.  

I think so. Throwing him in my Superflex spot over Jones.

Just now, Mustangt125 said:

well I started Brees for his weak a** MNF game and now I'm going to bench Brees for this legend, so Brees will go ham against my packers I'm sure.  But I'm 75-25 leaning toward starting Fitz tonight.  I'm 0-2 f--- it something's gotta happen.

As a general rule bench Brees in road games, start him at the super dome.

• Like 1

Does Fitz have any road vs. home splits that one should worry about? He's on the road tonight at the Baguars.  O/U is 48.5.  

Home vs. Road splits since 2017

NAME LOC GP CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG YDS/G TD TD% INT INT% SCK SCKY RATE
Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick Home 13 285 446 63.9 3,535 7.9 271.9 22 4.9 13 2.9 33 180 92.7
Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick Away 18 337 542 62.2 3,982 7.3 221.2 24 4.4 18 3.3 32 165 85.4
Edited by Mustangt125

Started him and am happy with the result.  Wish he would've gotten another TD and some more yards tho.  He only had like 160 yards passing because they only threw the ball 20 times since the Baguars were awful.  Happy with the Beard today tho lfg

Edited by Mustangt125

Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Chargers, Rams, Cards, Jets, Bye.

Some ups and downs with this run until the BYE, but a very enticing streaming opportunity against Seattle this week. 

The question is if Tua will get the start this year, which I only envision happening if Fitz crashes and burns, having a multiple-week struggle. Doesn't seem too likely. He's having a great time out there. If you got the bench spot, I think he's a great QB2.

14 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This is definitely the game that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts him in a great matchup and he’s proceeds to piss down his leg. 

His weapons are just really good...and Seattle is horrific, and probably without Adams this week....7 hour flight + 3 hour time change is like the worst possible thing lol

44 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You're probably right, ha........ORRR.....this is the week an over-confident SEA team struggles on the east coast in hot Miami and Fitz keeps the magic going one more week!

Edited by Members_Only_76
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

His weapons are just really good...and Seattle is horrific, and probably without Adams this week....7 hour flight + 3 hour time change is like the worst possible thing lol

this guy gets it. 

Miami also has the extra rest from playing last Thursday ... SeaHags in a letdown spot here, classic west to east/early game shtick in full effect. 

gimme Miami with them points all friggin' day. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this guy gets it. 

Miami also has the extra rest from playing last Thursday ... SeaHags in a letdown spot here, classic west to east/early game shtick in full effect. 

gimme Miami with them points all friggin' day. 

Seattle is definitely overdue for a regression week...their offense is unsustainable. This may be the week but others might be onto this as well. 

Miami may also have a better defense than we thought due to that Jags beat down...not saying they can stop Wilson but something's gotta give.