kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

This year's week 1 is going to be a tough one. I am leaning toward Baltimore at home against Cleveland or Denver at home vs. Tennesse.

Week 1: IND@JAX

Week 2: JAX@TEN

Week 3: WAS@CLE

Week 4: LAC@TB

Week 5: CAR@ATL

Week 6: MIA@DEN

Week 7: CAR@NO

Week 8: JAX@LAC

Week 9: MIA@ARI

Week 10: WAS@DET

Week 11: TEN@BAL

Week 12: WAS@DAL

Week 13: JAX@MIN, WAS@PIT

Week 14: WAS@SF, NYJ@SEA

Week 15: CAR@GB, NYJ@LAR

Week 16: ATL@KC, CIN@HOU

Week 17: WAS@PHI, MIA@BUF

On 8/30/2020 at 11:02 AM, kwelch said:

This year's week 1 is going to be a tough one. I am leaning toward Baltimore at home against Cleveland or Denver at home vs. Tennesse.

Reeling defense. Young unproven qb. Denver would be a tough pick week 1 IMO.

I'm leaning Bills.  Jets look like they suck pretty hard.  Don't want to burn KC or Bal this early, and something doesn't smell right with the IND-JAX game to me.

22 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Reeling defense. Young unproven qb. Denver would be a tough pick week 1 IMO.

Yeah, I posted this before the Von Miller injury. Going Colts now.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, kwelch said:

WHAT?!

Denver OVER Titans?

Oh, August 30th, I see you posted this before Von Miller.  

Carry on... obviously you know not to do this though I assume.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

22 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Going Indy this week. May go with whoever the Jags are playing. That seems to be the consensus.

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.

This has generally served me well.

• Like 2

I got 5 picks, really want to consolidate, but haven't done so yet.

Used 1 on Chiefs last night so that's locked in.

1 on Ravens:  Browns @ Ravens 

1 on Bills:  Jets @ Bills 

I do it with some idiot friends too and they're pretty gung ho on the following games which I am not myself:

1 on Titans:  Titans @ Broncos 

1 on Pats:  Fins @ Pats 

Yall got any feedback?

i have a rating system tool and its saying colts and pats are the best picks this week. i am not sure how i feel about that...

colts defense is pretty damn good isnt it and the jags are tanking? jags D is awful, colts should run away with it

didn't pats struggle against MIA last year and lost? dont feel confident in the pats... is cam newton back to his old self?

On 9/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm leaning Bills.  Jets look like they suck pretty hard.  Don't want to burn KC or Bal this early, and something doesn't smell right with the IND-JAX game to me.

I'm using the Bills. It doesnt seem like they have a great shoe-in matchup until week 17 at home vs. Miami, but even then they could be resting players. I know there's an argument towards being a little more against the grain early, but it's week 1, I like to start with a solid pick at least one week :P

• Like 1

I’m actually not sold on the Colts this week. New QB with an off-season that had very little prep time and no preseason? Can be a rough week one.

I would honestly go Buffalo. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I’m actually not sold on the Colts this week. New QB with an off-season that had very little prep time and no preseason? Can be a rough week one.

The Colts are going to DESTROY the JAGS with their D and Run Game. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NInsko said:

The Colts are going to DESTROY the JAGS with their D and Run Game. 

Not if Rotoworld darling aka everyone's favorite sleeper aka pick up of the year aka future hall of famer James Robinson has anything to say about it!!!

Well ... he could go off for 220 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs and they'd still probably lose.  Yeah so go with Indy over the tanking Jags.

• Haha 2

I went ahead and just used the chiefs to kick the year off. Week 1 is always the hardest. 

• Like 1

My problem is it's easy to pick Buff or Balt or Pitt on week 1, but then you cannot use them the rest of the season, just as it is easy to pick whoever is playing Jax, Wash, Cinci, NYJ, NYG.

Since DEN lost Von Miller for the year, I am leaning towards TENN or another marginal team/game.

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, but it's a vet QB they added, not a newbie perse`, and Jax has let a lot of their defense walk away, haven't they?

No team has had a lot of preseason practice, so in a lot of games I'm picking teams that have managed to stay intact, for the most part. But with that said, how well will Brady do? and Brees has a few new receivers, NE is a guessing game but will be fine, the Jets have revolving doors at WR, and the G-Men don't...???

11 hours ago, aapox said:

I'm using the Bills. It doesnt seem like they have a great shoe-in matchup until week 17 at home vs. Miami, but even then they could be resting players. I know there's an argument towards being a little more against the grain early, but it's week 1, I like to start with a solid pick at least one week :P

And don't forget injuries, and also who might test positive for Covid during the season and have to miss games.

• Like 1

Anyone considering going New England week 1? They don't have any value at all rest of season until Week 17

I was all set going with the Eagles until the Sanders news. Scott is a very good player in his own right and Clement can eat some carries, but I was already wary on a road game vs a division opponent with how few weapons Carson has to throw to downfield. If Washington takes a big early lead somehow I'd be hella worried they can't make a comeback from 2 scores back even if they had the whole 4th quarter and shutout Washington that period as well. 

This is one of the toughest week 1's I remember in awhile for survivor pools. I don't even know if I'm betting a single game tomorrow either. 

Edited by Lt. Frank Drebin

18 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I went ahead and just used the chiefs to kick the year off. Week 1 is always the hardest. 

Everyone always gets cute first 3 weeks of the season and week 4 you find yourself surrounded by the usual group with the tough matchups to predict.  

I am a huge, never get cute guy and it generally works well for me.  I like your style

I have 5 picks. I went: KC, PIT, BUF, BAL, IND. Week 1 always scares me, so I try to spread my picks out and not worry about future value in the first week.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You do what you feel is best, but I have a rule to never touch ROAD DIVISION RIVALS unless Vegas shows the spread as 10+.

This has generally served me well.

You convinced me. I switched to the Bills.

• Like 1