kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

3 hours ago, straightfire118 said:

Without Chubb they ain’t the same, Steelers gonna stomp them at home.

I'd be wary about this the browns are a top team this year + it's a divisional game GL tho

Usually hate going with the masses but hard not to pick Miami this week vs the Jets, especially if Flacco plays again.

Colts vs Bengals if you still have them but have to check on Darius Leonard’s status.

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Usually hate going with the masses but hard not to pick Miami this week vs the Jets, especially if Flacco plays again.

Colts vs Bengals if you still have them but have to check on Darius Leonard’s status.

Going Miami also, although I'm not happy about it. This is shaping up to be a week where either we go down with the masses, or very few people get eliminated. 🙄

Makes last week's misses all the more frustrating.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

they are picked in close to 60% of yahoo pools. 

That’s why it’s bad. Other than the high ownership, it’s a great pick (high win chances, no future value)

Anyone going with the Lions this week? Lots of people going with MIA in a wet windy divisional game. Would rather look elsewhere and hope for a Jets upset. Lions are coming off a bye against a bad Jags team. Or am I trying to be too cute?

^As a Lions fan, there's no way in hell I'm taking that risk.

Is anyone gonna take New England though? I'm currently on Miami, but something about that game feels funny and I'm looking for a reason to get off them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could have been MUCH more of a massacre if the Bengals, Titans or Eagles had held on. Two weeks in a row now of bad teams proving why they’re bad and blowing it in the final minutes.

Hopefully Miami can hang on 😬

I blame Covid-19 and want a redo! I had Colts penciled in for this week and then when the Broncos/Patriots got moved to this week, I changed it.

If you aren’t picking whoever is playing the Jets you are doing it wrong

• Like 1

The no sweat weeks are nice and using up Miami is solid.  

Pats going down takes out a good chunk of the field...about 28% in my league.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

The no sweat weeks are nice and using up Miami is solid.  

Pats going down takes out a good chunk of the field...about 28% in my league.

Miami plays the jets again so they do have future value.

This feels like an unusually chalky year for survival football. Lots of entries still left for week 6. I'm all on board with picking on the Jets for another week. Buffalo looks like a good play week 7 for those who haven't used them yet.

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

This feels like an unusually chalky year for survival football. Lots of entries still left for week 6. I'm all on board with picking on the Jets for another week. Buffalo looks like a good play week 7 for those who haven't used them yet.

There is only 20% of my pool remaining - think we are on track here and larger pools will always go the distance.  Double picks week are always tough and will thin out the field very quickly.

2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

There is only 20% of my pool remaining - think we are on track here and larger pools will always go the distance.  Double picks week are always tough and will thin out the field very quickly.

I guess I'm used to that one week where 50-70% of the pool goes down. This year that hasn't happened, although week 1 came close. It's been more of a slow, consistent elimination of people. I still have memories of week 2, 2015, where 90% of the pool was eliminated 😅

Who do you like for week 7?

19 minutes ago, atrium said:

I guess I'm used to that one week where 50-70% of the pool goes down. This year that hasn't happened, although week 1 came close. It's been more of a slow, consistent elimination of people. I still have memories of week 2, 2015, where 90% of the pool was eliminated 😅

Who do you like for week 7?

haha still early - it will happen one week or another 😄

I used BUF week 1 so I don't have them in my pocket.

LAC looks good - at home vs JAX.  Just need to see the injury report - hopefully they get some key guys back after the bye week.

Freaking Pats... Screwed me, but I had multiple picks still alive so the percentages actually say I'm OK though. 

This week is gonna be tough. I think of Adam Gase is NOT fired I'm probably rolling with...

1 pick on Bills (assuming no catastrophic injuries tonight) 

1 pick on Chargers 

1 pick on saints 

How y'all feeling about those 3? 

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Freaking Pats... Screwed me, but I had multiple picks still alive so the percentages actually say I'm OK though. 

This week is gonna be tough. I think of Adam Gase is NOT fired I'm probably rolling with...

1 pick on Bills (assuming no catastrophic injuries tonight) 

1 pick on Chargers 

1 pick on saints 

How y'all feeling about those 3? 

Aside from the Kansas City game, those are the only 3 teams I trust for next week

• Like 1

Already used BUF so I'm eyeing up the chargers along as they are healthy they should win that game. saints look good as well cause I'm not sure when else I would play them ?