kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

25 minutes ago, OdellBaconJr said:

Already used BUF so I'm eyeing up the chargers along as they are healthy they should win that game. saints look good as well cause I'm not sure when else I would play them ? 

I like Saints at home against Falcons week 11 too

16 minutes ago, Marbones26 said:

I think I'm taking a shot at Philly and try and save some of my better teams. I also used Buffalo  week one.

They were in play for me as a possible 'gutsy call', but with both Sanders and Ertz hurt they're officially off my board of possibilities

13 minutes ago, atrium said:

Oh my god. How the hell did I survive that...

I don't know, but I am very happy I don't have to pick the Eagles again, and am safe for the week

• Thanks 1

Uneventful week in terms of upsets but BUF/NO/LAC all had to fight to win their respective weeks.  On to week 8...

I'm kind of annoyed that I took on all that risk playing Philly on Thursday night, and now thanks to another QB injury in Dallas, they're looking like a respectable play this week.

I also like Tampa on the road facing the G-men, KC is a good play like always, and GB is also in play.

7 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Have you seen who the Chiefs are playing?

I had to burn the Chiefs this past weekend. Already burned the Rams too.

I like Tampa Bay against NYG, don’t care that it’s on the road.

Thoughts on Titans over the Bengals? I've already burned the Chiefs. A bit hesitant about picking the Rams.

19 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Have you seen who the Chiefs are playing?

Chiefs might win by 40 points... per quarter. 

Gonna be KC or Philly for me.  

Would love to be able to burn Philly here if Dallas has to start a 3rd string QB and save KC for double picks week.

• Like 1

does anyone pools extend into the playoffs? if so, and there's only a handful of people left in your pool currently, is it wise to burn KC for the automatic win this week? or try to save them for playoffs? 

13 minutes ago, WaiverBum said:

does anyone pools extend into the playoffs? if so, and there's only a handful of people left in your pool currently, is it wise to burn KC for the automatic win this week? or try to save them for playoffs? 

In a pool like that I would be 100% going Philly this week, as there's no guarantee they even make the playoffs, much less win a game then

edit: I missed that there's only a handful of people left for you, so picking KC this week is actually probably fine

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Green Bay is the fail proof pick of the week, no way they lose at home vs the Vikings. Only bad thing is the Packers are going to be heavily owned.

Green Bay plays Jacksonville at home in week 10, might want to wait on them if you can.

Green Bay is also at home against Chicago in week 12, which is shaping up to be the hardest week of the year for survivor pools.

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

Green Bay is also at home against Chicago in week 12, which is shaping up to be the hardest week of the year for survivor pools.

Week 12 doesn't look so bad.  Browns at Jacksonville, Cardinals at New England, Miami at the Jets, Bengals vs Giants, and Saints at Denver all look good to me.  

2 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Rams this week boys.

Don't do it!

Rams have 3 of their 5 wins against the NFC East (Dallas win was respectable at the time but still), they have a short week, have to travel across the country for an early game and are facing a team coming off their bye.  I monelylined the Fins already but no way this one isn't a nail biter.  There are way better options imo. 

6 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Don't do it!

Rams have 3 of their 5 wins against the NFC East (Dallas win was respectable at the time but still), they have a short week, have to travel across the country for an early game and are facing a team coming off their bye.  I monelylined the Fins already but no way this one isn't a nail biter.  There are way better options imo. 

Tua’s first game too, that’s way too risky.