kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

Saved my a** switching from Colts to Pats at the last minute 😳

On 9/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, Gohawks said:

I’m actually not sold on the Colts this week. New QB with an off-season that had very little prep time and no preseason? Can be a rough week one.

I would honestly go Buffalo. 

Hmm

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 4:33 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm leaning Bills.  Jets look like they suck pretty hard.  Don't want to burn KC or Bal this early, and something doesn't smell right with the IND-JAX game to me.

Whew lad

• Like 1

I ranked them Bills, Colts, Eagles in that order. So I'm down to just one pick but it is in the biggest pay day league. 

I have no regrets by going with the Colts but I had my doubts about the Eagles. I thought about doubling up with the Bills instead but went with 3 separate picks. 

That's ok I still have a shot at getting $6200 bucks in the pool Marky started right here on rotoworld. 

oh man - juicy week 1 with some heavy picks going down...already 40% eliminated.

Indy

Philly

SF

17 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

You convinced me. I switched to the Bills.

Smart man.

If you do big pot survivor leagues yearly I recommend creating a "what I've learned" when you're eliminated at end of each season.

As lame as it sounds, doing these things over and over AKA experience and paying to attention to why I lost has served me very well over the years.  

I've taken down (split anyways) big time survivor pots a few times in recent years after about 4 years of flipping out on teams like the Colts.

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Smart man.

If you do big pot survivor leagues yearly I recommend creating a "what I've learned" when you're eliminated at end of each season.

As lame as it sounds, doing these things over and over AKA experience and paying to attention to why I lost has served me very well over the years.  

I've taken down (split anyways) big time survivor pots a few times in recent years after about 4 years of flipping out on teams like the Colts.

this is a good idea, I’ve learned you can’t get cute week 1 and try to save good teams for later. You just have to get through week 1 with a lock pick, there’s too many upsets in week 1. The Bills were that lock pick this week. 

Sorry if you picked the Colts but you shouldn’t have bet against Minshew, he is good. Also, Phillip Rivers still sucks. I sound like Captain Hindsight here, I’m sorry.

13 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

oh man - juicy week 1 with some heavy picks going down...already 40% eliminated.

Indy

Philly

SF

dunno why anyone figgered the 'Niners as a lock here ... 'Zona split with them last year, and improved a great deal this off-season.

also, no surprise these 3 were all divisional games ... steer clear, regardless of what the Hoodies and Bison did yesterday. 

What's up for week 2? Not a lot of obvious picks this week either...

Bengals at Browns (-7.5), O/U 46
Rams at Eagles (-3.5), O/U 48
Giants at Bears (-5.5), O/U 43
Jaguars at Titans (-11), O/U 43
Panthers at Buccaneers (-8), O/U 48.5
49ers (-6) at Jets, O/U 43.5
Bills (-3.5) at Dolphins, O/U 43
Broncos at Steelers (-6), O/U 43.5
Falcons at Cowboys (-6.5), O/U 50
Lions at Packers (-5.5), O/U 46
Vikings at Colts (-2.5), O/U 46
Washington at Cardinals (-6.5), O/U 46
Ravens (-5) at Texans, O/U 54
Chiefs (-6.5) at Chargers, O/U 50.5
Patriots at Seahawks (-3.5), O/U 44
Saints (-4.5) at Raiders, O/U 50.5

14 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

Believe it or not, I think it is the either the Boys or the Browns ( God help me) this week

I don’t trust either of those teams. I’m thinking Chiefs as a safer bet, I’m not concerned about saving teams after 50% of the pool being eliminated week 1

Bears - No future value and winnable game at home.  Not in love with this pick but I think this is a good spot for them.  Will most likely go with them with one pick.

PIT/DAL seem "safe" at home

Road favs - BAL/KC/SF

I try to avoid road games and divisional games wherever possible, but this 49ers vs Jets is the one I don't think I can pass up. How do the Jets win this game? They are awful at every facet of football, and the 49ers are coming off a tough loss, and will probably be playing pretty pissed.

All the other games have more uncertainty to me. Thoughts?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I try to avoid road games and divisional games wherever possible, but this 49ers vs Jets is the one I don't think I can pass up. How do the Jets win this game? They are awful at every facet of football, and the 49ers are coming off a tough loss, and will probably be playing pretty pissed.

All the other games have more uncertainty to me. Thoughts?

The Jets absolutely suck, total dumpster fire, Lev Bell will be out too so Gore will be their main RB lol. Even on the road, 49ers should be a lock just based on their coaching. They are hurting though, tons of WR injuries and now Kittle might be out too. But still, probably a good time to use them. 

Jets are a dumpster fire but they game planned to stop the run against the Bills which is what they did.  With SF having no WRs, I would suspect a similar game plan.

Let's not forget about the cross country travel to play on the east coast.  I just think there are better spots to use them when they are not reeling with injuries.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 10:53 AM, AngryBeavers said:

Believe it or not, I think it is the either the Boys or the Browns ( God help me) this week

I'm leaning Browns as well,used them last season on week 2 against the Jets and survived,my biggest fear is getting cute two years in a row and surviving both.

I'm in two pots and one is going to have Tampa for sure.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, ludawg23 said:

Jets are a dumpster fire but they game planned to stop the run against the Bills which is what they did.  With SF having no WRs, I would suspect a similar game plan.

Let's not forget about the cross country travel to play on the east coast.  I just think there are better spots to use them when they are not reeling with injuries.

2 hours ago, goincommando said:

Feels like the Cards are a good bet this week. 

This is what I am thinking. Thinking of switching to Arizona. SF dealing With a ton of injuries but so are the Jets. I just don’t trust Jimmy G at all and the cross country travel. 

• Like 1

I'm going Tennessee this week, I'm not a believer that Jacksonville is the real deal. I would rather wait another week to see if the Browns can figure it out (and if so, I'll play them next week against the Football Team...)

On 9/15/2020 at 9:10 AM, ludawg23 said:

Bears - No future value and winnable game at home.  Not in love with this pick but I think this is a good spot for them.  Will most likely go with them with one pick.

PIT/DAL seem "safe" at home

Road favs - BAL/KC/SF

Bears fan here. I think I used them in that same spot last year (or maybe I didn't use them) but it had me sweatin' bullets (maybe just as a Bears fan). Honestly, I would not advise picking the Bears when they have a QB who is erratic and has just as good of a chance as leading 3 TD drives as he does making 3 boneheaded turnovers and giving the game to the Giants.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aapox said:

Bears fan here. I think I used them in that same spot last year (or maybe I didn't use them) but it had me sweatin' bullets (maybe just as a Bears fan). Honestly, I would not advise picking the Bears when they have a QB who is erratic and has just as good of a chance as leading 3 TD drives as he does making 3 boneheaded turnovers and giving the game to the Giants.

By no means do I feel comfortable with this pick but with three bullets left in a 5K entry pool that always goes the entire season, you have to be able to take some risks.  Going with two other "safer" teams with two picks but going to roll the dice with this one.

Even though it is hard to bet on Mitch, I think being at home and playing a bad Giants team is a good spot to take a chance on them.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

By no means do I feel comfortable with this pick but with three bullets left in a 5K entry pool that always goes the entire season, you have to be able to take some risks.  Going with two other "safer" teams with two picks but going to roll the dice with this one.

Even though it is hard to bet on Mitch, I think being at home and playing a bad Giants team is a good spot to take a chance on them.

Yeah, that's valid. I'd recommend not watching at least, I guess! hahaha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aapox said:

Yeah, that's valid. I'd recommend not watching at least, I guess! hahaha

haha I'm in the area so I will probably be watching it.  Sure beats tuning into a Jets' game Lol.

• Haha 1