kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

12 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Baltimore ? Against Texans it’s good matchup no?

It's pretty good, but not a slam dunk on the road. I'd rather save them for a better week.

14 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Baltimore ? Against Texans it’s good matchup no?

I try to stay away from road teams as long as possible especially early in season when they're traveling to the home opener of a playoff team from the previous season.Seeing that Houston is sitting at 0-1 would give me concern as well.

That said,I only have one survivor rule that I won't break if at all possible at that's NO divisional road favorites and yes I realize you're game is not that just pointing it out.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:53 AM, AngryBeavers said:

Believe it or not, I think it is the either the Boys or the Browns ( God help me) this week

Did you pull the trigger last night?

On 9/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, Fabrini said:

Did you pull the trigger last night?

Nope. I ended up going AZ

Wish i had now... lol

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

straight chalk today...on to week 3

Colts are my early lean, but they’ll probably be popular.

Chargers, Arizona, Steelers, Eagles other options.

22 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Colts are my early lean, but they’ll probably be popular.

Chargers, Arizona, Steelers, Eagles other options.

Probably gonna see Indy at the 30%+ pick mark next week.

Indy @ home vs the Jets will be a huge favorite and thinking they will easily eclipse 30-40% pick selection.  Type of game I tend to avoid but honestly can't see Indy losing - this Jets team is probably one of the worst run teams in the past decade.

CLE @ home vs Washington

LAC @ home vs CAR without McCaffrey. Their defense alone should be able to keep the Panthers at bay.

Also PHI at home vs Cincy. Hard to see Philly starting off 0-3 but that team is playing awful football currently, especially Wentz but a Cincy defense on tap is a nice, get right game.

Rolling the dice on CLE this week. If you didn't use them last week, then this is possibly the last chance you'll get to use them all season against the Football Team.

Considered LAC also, but I want to wait and see how Herbert looks another game. They also have NYJ and JAX in the future so there will be other opportunities to use the Bolts.

Seems like everyone will take Indy.

I will hope for Phillip to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as is sometimes his wont.

Cleveland and the Eagles seem like good contrarian picks, could also burn NE.

Anyone thinking about TB? Defense is looking strong, the offense is certainly capable and coming together slowly. Denver missing Lock, Sutton, and Lindsay on offense and Von Miller on defense. I'm picking between them and IND or CLE this week.

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

Anyone thinking about TB? Defense is looking strong, the offense is certainly capable and coming together slowly. Denver missing Lock, Sutton, and Lindsay on offense and Von Miller on defense. I'm picking between them and IND or CLE this week.

Took 'em last week.

If I didn't I would have (slight) Driscoll hesitance.  I streamed some defenses against him last year after Stafford went down and he shocked me.  TB's defense looks legit though, so I would say they're pretty safe.

• Thanks 1

Going Indy, expecting 95% of the pool to do the same. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start considering contrarian plays. No reason to get cute in week 3.

Does anyone know how the $1million DraftKings survivor pool pays out? I'm assuming there will be a lot of people that get all 16 weeks right?

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Going Indy, expecting 95% of the pool to do the same. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start considering contrarian plays. No reason to get cute in week 3.

If you substituted week "1" for "3" you'd have 20% of my pool.

I know, I know, we know the Jets suck worse than the Jags now.  But any given Sunday and all that jazz.  I've seen Rivers cough up a few hairballs in my time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I'm expecting everyone to use Indy this week too. I don't really trust Indy any other week because Rivers sucks but this is a lock, gotta use them now.

With Indy @ 40%+ pick percentage, that is an instant no pick for me.

Will have shares of CLE/LAC/TB this weekend.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

If you substituted week "1" for "3" you'd have 20% of my pool.

I know, I know, we know the Jets suck worse than the Jags now.  But any given Sunday and all that jazz.  I've seen Rivers cough up a few hairballs in my time.

No doubt - but IMO Rivers could throw half a dozen picks and the Colts still win this game...

• Like 1

Just now, ludawg23 said:

With Indy @ 40%+ pick percentage, that is an instant no pick for me.

Will have shares of CLE/LAC/TB this weekend.

Agreed. This is a great week for fading the public.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I'm expecting everyone to use Indy this week too. I don't really trust Indy any other week because Rivers sucks but this is a lock, gotta use them now.

At home against Cincy week 6?

Just now, smeeze said:

No doubt - but IMO Rivers could throw half a dozen picks and the Colts still win this game...

LOL probably true.  If you had the ability to pick the team playing the Jets every week you'd be in pretty good shape.

I've just done the "obvious early" picks for a few years in a row and I always get tripped up somewhere.  This year I'm gonna try something different.  What the hell, if it doesn't work out I can always go back to the boring plays next year.

1 minute ago, atrium said:

At home against Cincy week 6?

Burrow & Co. scare me more than Darnold & ...

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Burrow & Co. scare me more than Darnold & ...

It's not as much of a slam dunk as the Jets are, but it's still a great pick (and the highest Vegas favorites of that week, as of now...). Plus I expect ownership #s to be much lower that week. I dunno, I like to balance ownership levels with win % when making my picks

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

What do you guys think about Arizona at home vs Detroit?

11 minutes ago, kwelch said:

What do you guys think about Arizona at home vs Detroit?

I used Arizona last week but they should be a lock against Detroit, unless Golladay is back that’ll make a difference.

• Thanks 1

Chargers/Eagles/Cardinals all go down.

That Chargers game was wild at the end - Chargers run a hook n ladder play from the 30 yard line and Ekeler couldn't handle Keenan's lateral.  He would have strolled into the endzone untouched as time expired.

Colts demolished the Jets - on to week 4.