kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

The strategy of picking against the Jets every week is a risky one in week 4, they’re taking on the Broncos at home so they might actually win a game.

I like Rams at home against NYG. Also like Baltimore on the road against Washington.

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

The strategy of picking against the Jets every week is a risky one in week 4, they’re taking on the Broncos at home so they might actually win a game.

I like Rams at home against NYG. Also like Baltimore on the road against Washington.

I think the Rams is my personal favorite. Baltimore has some juicy matchups later in the year, and this is probably the Rams easiest remaining game minus the Jets in week 15, but that's a LONG way off

Rams @ home vs the Giants will be a heavy chalk pick.

2020 YOLO pick...CIN @ home vs JAX 😎

• Haha 1

Rams, Baltimore my leading choices right now. Saints are interesting but I’m not sure I want to take that plunge without MT13. 

On 9/28/2020 at 1:12 PM, ludawg23 said:

Chargers/Eagles/Cardinals all go down.

and Fabrini with them

Everyone and their mother is going to take the Rams and Ravens...I'm thinking 49ers.  Not as much future value with the defensive line injuries, but match up well against the circling the drain Eagles.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:43 PM, ludawg23 said:

Rams @ home vs the Giants will be a heavy chalk pick.

2020 YOLO pick...CIN @ home vs JAX 😎

I think if I had to pick 32 games it'd take me a minute to settle on the Bengals.

Riding with the boring but safe Rams pick this week. Usually I don't like going chalk, but I don't like any of the other alternatives enough, and would rather save the Ravens for a later date.

On 9/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

Everyone and their mother is going to take the Rams and Ravens...I'm thinking 49ers.  Not as much future value with the defensive line injuries, but match up well against the circling the drain Eagles.

Agreed. But I think the better week to use SF is next week when they face off against Miami? Maybe. GB over ATL is intriguing. Or ballsy pick Da Bungels over Jags.

1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

Agreed. But I think the better week to use SF is next week when they face off against Miami? Maybe. GB over ATL is intriguing. Or ballsy pick Da Bungels over Jags.

Miami looked downright competent last week.  I think Parker's healthy now, Gaskin's running the ball well, if Howard and Jones have a healthy game together you could see them having a pretty decent secondary...

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Miami looked downright competent last week.  I think Parker's healthy now, Gaskin's running the ball well, if Howard and Jones have a healthy game together you could see them having a pretty decent secondary...

True. SF still has a much better defense then Jags even with all their injuries. The more I think about this matchup the more it’s appealing. Miami is a competitive team and they’d be Home vs SF, then the cross country travel. I think it’s gonna be a close game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

True. SF still has a much better defense then Jags even with all their injuries. The more I think about this matchup the more it’s appealing. Miami is a competitive team and they’d be Home vs SF, then the cross country travel. I think it’s gonna be a close game. 

Yeah I think you're better off using them at home against the Eagles who are pulling guys off the street to play receiver and guard.

11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Man I keep flip flopping between rams and ravens. 

If my pool was smaller I'd go Rams, I want to keep the Ravens and the Chiefs as long as humanly possible.

Mine's got a few thousand people still left so I'm riding contrarian picks and hoping for weirdness.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

If my pool was smaller I'd go Rams, I want to keep the Ravens and the Chiefs as long as humanly possible.

Mine's got a few thousand people still left so I'm riding contrarian picks and hoping for weirdness.

Holding teams doesn't make sense. I'm not the biggest fan of 49ers if Jimmy G doesn't play. There's no way I trust Mullens despite last week. I know comparing to his rookie year is apples and oranges but in half of his games his TD/INT ratio was either even or negative so there was a lot of inconsistency. Not the best in survivor.

14 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Weird, I approach it the opposite way. In big pools, I know I have to go the distance so I'm more hesitant to use Ravens and Chiefs early. And I'm more eager to play teams like Browns (last week) and Rams (this week) in the few weeks where they are viable

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Holding teams doesn't make sense. I'm not the biggest fan of 49ers if Jimmy G doesn't play. There's no way I trust Mullens despite last week. I know comparing to his rookie year is apples and oranges but in half of his games his TD/INT ratio was either even or negative so there was a lot of inconsistency. Not the best in survivor.

Does to me.  But to each their own.

49ers have issues but they pale in comparison to the Eagles in a game in Santa Clara.

Just now, atrium said:

Weird, I approach it the opposite way. In big pools, I know I have to go the distance so I'm more hesitant to use Ravens and Chiefs early. And I'm more eager to play teams like Browns (last week) and Rams (this week) in the few weeks where they are viable

Agreed, I'm not using the Ravens either.

Posted (edited)

This was our weekly reminder that there are no gimmies in survival football. Luckily the Rams were able to hang on by the skin of their teeth, and I’m very glad that I never have to trust Goff again

Edited by atrium

12 hours ago, atrium said:

This was our weekly reminder that there are no gimmies in survival football. Luckily the Rams were able to hang on by the skin of their teeth, and I’m very glad that I never have to trust Goff again

Did it ever actually feel like the Giants were going to win that game? Sometimes you gotta win ugly.

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Did it ever actually feel like the Giants were going to win that game? Sometimes you gotta win ugly.

9-10 when the giants got down to the red zone, yes. I picked ravens this week so I was rooting hard for the giants lol. 

• Like 1

Next week is tough.. chiefs vs Raiders is solid. Or ravens vs bengals. I used both those options already, so personally looking at rams vs Washington, Cardinals vs jets, or Texans vs jags. 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Next week is tough.. chiefs vs Raiders is solid. Or ravens vs bengals. I used both those options already, so personally looking at rams vs Washington, Cardinals vs jets, or Texans vs jags. 

I’m going Cowboys. 

18 minutes ago, Travdaddy10 said:

I’m going Cowboys. 

Oooo didn’t think about the cowboys vs giants. Are they at home?