kwelch

2020 SURVIVOR POOL THREAD

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Texans will beat Jags this week, I'm pretty confident on that. 

Idk I would be confident enough to make them a survivor pick so early in the season. In feel theyre a lot riskier than Dallas, Arizona, Rams and maybe even Carolina. Firing BOB helps but the roster he assembled is still there.

6 hours ago, Evincar said:

Idk I would be confident enough to make them a survivor pick so early in the season. In feel theyre a lot riskier than Dallas, Arizona, Rams and maybe even Carolina. Firing BOB helps but the roster he assembled is still there.

Oh yeah, 100% I'm not using a survivor pick. Sorry, I should've been clear. 

I was actually just trying to discourage people choosing Jags. 

I'd never make either a survivor pick. 

I know some people have already used them, but I think I’m going with the Ravens this week.

They don’t really have a layup matchup again until weeks 15 & 16 (Jags & Giants).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evincar said:

That was more of the result of Rams just looking bad. As bad as the Dallas D is the Giants offense is just as pathetic. They wont be able to keep up with Prescott.

Maybe so.  But they're the most popular pick this week so I ain't taking them and I'll hope you're wrong.

Man y’all got me waffling on the Jets now. Rams looking tasty vs Kyle Allen. 

Posted (edited)

Pick the good teams now. If you save the Ravens or Chiefs for the end of the season and they have a Covid-19 breakout, that would be terrible.

Edited by tpat30

Gonna roll with the Ravens with one entry where I still have them.

Looking for a 2nd team - will most likely fade the Cowboys as they are by far the most selected team this week.

Looking at LAR with Allen in at QB now.  Will check on Chase Young news throughout the week to see if he plays or not.

As a WFT fan, I’d caution people against choosing the Rams this week... 

There is no way Kyle Allen is worse than Haskins.

Plus, West coast team traveling East for an early game. The Rams struggled last week, and the WFT defense is better than the Giants... and we at least have a few healthy weapons on offense.

• Thanks 1

Going with the Texans. Fortune favors the brave (stupid?)

From what's coming out, they clearly hated BOB, I can see them playing inspired football with renewed energy. I also don't like their ROS schedule

• Thanks 1

Was planning on taking the Ravens, but the Lamar injury has me concerned.

I’m now considering the Steelers.

Cowboys & Cards (especially with the Jets COVID concerns) are stay-away for me.

I think I’ve finally landed on the Rams, but I don’t feel great about it at all. 

I'm staying  away from the Cowboys  hoping everyone else picks them and they get upset by Danny Dimes...can only hope.

20 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

If a team forfeits... can they be used for anyone that has not taken them yet? 😎

Might want to lock in the Bills today to get that DEFAULT VICTORY

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Where's all the guys that got cute last week and took teams like the Cardinals and 49ers because they wanted to "save" their locks.

I was thinking about the Niners but at the last second chickened out and took the Chiefs.

I don't think that many people have thought about "saving" the Cardinals at all this season.  When I think "saving" I think the Chiefs and the Ravens, and the Seahawks and Packers are starting to join that class.  I may have "saved" the Niners at one point but with all their injuries it's a different story.

I do like the Niners a bit more this week now that it looks like Jimmy and Raheem might be back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I do like the Niners a bit more this week now that it looks like Jimmy and Raheem might be back.

Yeah if they get the official all clear I think I’m rolling them out there. 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah if they get the official all clear I think I’m rolling them out there. 

We lock at one eastern so if they are questionable I may chicken out again.

Between the Giants defense playing somewhat respectably against the Rams last week, probably being pissed off about being winless, Saquan hurt, etc and the Cowboys complete lack of defense and an offensive line adrift without Fredrick, Collins and now Smith...there might be a chance?

That would be awesome.

• Like 1

Man - I really want to go with the Texans but I guess I wouldn't be able to live it down if they lost this Sunday. 

Gonna go with the Ravens/Niners with my two bullets.

59 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Might want to lock in the Bills today to get that DEFAULT VICTORY

Ours were due on WED at 7PM, and that is exactly what I did...and it's hard to not feel confident about the Bills in this matchup anyways.

Despite me swearing I would never use a Josh Allen led team after what he cost me last year in that playoff game--dude looks totally different now.