ZappB

Carson Wentz 2020 Outlook

It's almost as if success at North Dakota State isn't a great indicator of talent...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chardo said:

It's almost as if success at North Dakota State isn't a great indicator of talent...

I don't know, man. There's probably something to that, but he was great when he came out of NDSU. He's never gotten back to that level. He's looked like a totally different player in terms of accuracy and mobility. I think a lot of it is poor mechanics and mental hangups that could be corrected with proper coaching and better playcalling, but I don't think he's getting that right now. A lot of people in Philly think that the coordinators and assistants that were poached after winning the Super Bowl were the real masterminds of his and the team's success that year. Pederson might not be the answer people thought he was.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

RG Brandon Brooks is the Eagles MVP.

The Eagles miss that dude so much. Especially Wentz.

Here's a crazy stat:

Since signing Brandon Brooks in 2016, the Eagles are 0-8 when Brooks plays less than 50% of the snaps.

The MVP of this football team is its Right Guard. When Brandon Brooks tore his achilles this offseason - that effectively wrecked the Eagles offense for the season.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

Here's a crazy stat:

Since signing Brandon Brooks in 2016, the Eagles are 0-8 when Brooks plays less than 50% of the snaps.

The MVP of this football team is its Right Guard. When Brandon Brooks tore his achilles this season - that effectively wrecked the Eagles offense for the season.

Yeah, but he had good protection and an effective run game yesterday.

He's bad and his team is bad. He really shouldn't be owned in normal 12 team leagues. Minshew is still only rostered in 32% of yahoo leagues. Pick him up

43 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Here's a crazy stat:

The MVP of this football team is its Right Guard. When Brandon Brooks tore his achilles this offseason - that effectively wrecked the Eagles offense for the season.

And without Right Guard, they stink.

• Like 1

Might actually have to start him this week (Deshaun vs Pitt)... Cinci matchup is juicy. For those that have actually watched him, is he actually toast or is it just a case of shaking off the rust/getting on the same page as his receivers/going against 2 tough DLines/etc? 

Wentz has always been streaky. He either looks (near) elite, shaky, or he's injured. All of those things all happen within a season and within a few weeks of each other.

I have him as a backup but I can almost guarantee he'll catch fire and start putting up top 10 weeks (and look legit in real life, too). Planning on starting him this week versus the Bengals. No idea wtf will happen

Is Wentz a hold or a drop for you guys right now?

His schedule isn't great the next few weeks and while bad the Bengals haven't allowed a ton of passing yards. He has looked like a train wreck so far. Found a post on the eagles subreddit with some advanced PFF metrics (take it for what its worth) that show a steep decline beginning in the middle of last year. He's definitely benched right now for me (for Minshew) but I'm considering dropping him.

1 minute ago, bangarrang said:

His schedule isn't great the next few weeks and while bad the Bengals haven't allowed a ton of passing yards. He has looked like a train wreck so far. Found a post on the eagles subreddit with some advanced PFF metrics (take it for what its worth) that show a steep decline beginning in the middle of last year. He's definitely benched right now for me (for Minshew) but I'm considering dropping him.

for me a main consideration for a drop is what are the chances someone else is going to pick him up?  In my auction league I got him for $2 which means he likely wasn't that highly thought of to begin with, and since he hasn't done much to excite so far I've already dropped him twice and like my chances of getting him back again if I want to

58 minutes ago, smeeze said:

300px-Oof_Size_Large.jpg

That image may be even more fitting than you knew.

This was the Spanish coach Del Bosque during the game against the Netherlands in Brazil 2014, and if I remember correctly this was after keeper Casillas had made a bad blunder, allowing Robben to score. It led to new questions on whether Casillas should be at goal at all (although it took some time for him to be replaced).

Very fitting (and a delicious memory).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bangarrang said:

How long does he sit on your WW? About as long as it takes to process a claim.

26 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

How long does he sit on your WW? About as long as it takes to process a claim.

I'd probably wait until after the cupcake Cinci matchup to decide to hold/trade/drop but that's just me.

Part of me thinks it would be ridiculous to cut Wentz. He's been really good for 3 year running. He's thrown 7 interceptions total each of the past three seasons. And at 27 he shouldn't be getting worse. But...as a Wentz owner, there are still some decent QB options available on the wire and I feel like I should grab at least one of them while I can. However, as all my RBs and WRs are hurt, I have limited spots. Decisions, Decisions. Seems prudent to wait on the Cincy game though

45 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I'd probably wait until after the cupcake Cinci matchup to decide to hold/trade/drop but that's just me.

He's never played this bad in his career (from a statistical viewpoint). I'm expecting a correction now once he gets some weapons back. Has he regressed or is this a case of a bunch of things going wrong at once? I'm guessing its the second one.

• Like 1

Dropped him for Tanny straight up. Schedule not looking great after Bengals and Tannehill has been playing great for about as long as Wentz has been playing bad

Dropped him for the stache. I’ll consider picking him back up in a few weeks when schedule gets easier 

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Here's a crazy stat:

Great incite, thanks.

Let me ask you this: If you had Wentz as your backup in dynasty and Justin Herbert was sitting on the WW, what would you do?

Edited by Spyplane

54 minutes ago, smeeze said:

More bad news for Wentz

Week 10 is what I thought I read earlier. I didn't have any Reagor ownership but I understand the buzz about him. Big loss to the Eagles.

Going with Minshew for the next few weeks, but for now I'm going to hold as the schedule gets easier in week 6. I'd drop him for a hot WW pickup though as I doubt anyone else will pick him up with this tough schedule.

4 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Great incite, thanks.

Let me ask you this: If you had Wentz as your backup in dynasty and Justin Herbert was sitting on the WW, what would you do?

Herbert.