Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

Didn't think he'd be used in the pass game. Sure wish I picked him up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DezDynastyBryant said:

no

Sounds like a Ekeler owner... 

I certainly think there is a chance. Just based off the redzone carries alone. He looks like he might lead the Bolts in carries, he is getting some pass game work, and the short yardage. That’s all just in his first 2 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

I certainly think there is a chance. Just based off the redzone carries alone. He looks like he might lead the Bolts in carries, he is getting some pass game work, and the short yardage. That’s all just in his first 2 weeks. 

...so would you say that he's...

giphy-downsized.gif

9 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Rolling him out in my FLEX spot this week with confidence

Just gauging value. Who are you flexing him over? 

7 minutes ago, devilfish said:

Golladay and mclaurin !

that's some humongous sack there, fella ... go get 'em! ✌

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tenner said:

DJ because of matchup (@PIT). Not an especially controversial decision, probably.

5 hours ago, JohnR said:

anyone think this guy has more value than ekeler ROS? 

No way. Ekeler’s role is secure. I don’t trust that when Jackson gets healthy he doesn’t get mixed in over Kelley even.  Jackson looked good last year and was ahead of Kelley before his injury. 

People are getting hyped looking at his fantasy numbers. He put up a decent game against maybe the worst defense in the league. Then he followed up with 2.8 yards per carry. The amount of touches he got were nice but I wouldn’t expect the Chargers to run it 44 times in too many more games. 

• Thanks 1

Carolina is really bad. Expect 20 touches/TD RB2 week 3

17 minutes ago, alleyce said:

No way. Ekeler’s role is secure. I don’t trust that when Jackson gets healthy he doesn’t get mixed in over Kelley even.  Jackson looked good last year and was ahead of Kelley before his injury. 

People are getting hyped looking at his fantasy numbers. He put up a decent game against maybe the worst defense in the league. Then he followed up with 2.8 yards per carry. The amount of touches he got were nice but I wouldn’t expect the Chargers to run it 44 times in too many more games. 

Agreed. I own Kelley but certainly concerned about JJ's usage when he is healthy. 

17 minutes ago, alleyce said:

This is the main thing that concerns me. Ekeler's role is secure but Kelly right now has a huge role, not that far behind Ekeler. But coaches love to mess with our fantasy teams to help their real life football teams(damn them!) so it wouldn't surprise me at all if JJ gut carries at the rookie's expense when he's healthy. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Ingram, D-Jax, McKinnon, Shenault

If I had McLaurin and/or Golladay for that slot I would play them haha I'm not that confident! 

Nah but I do like his role and matchup this week.

1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

Rolling him out in my FLEX spot this week with confidence

Ha. He’s my RB2 this week behind Fournette due to injuries. Rolling Kelley out with confidence. 

30 minutes ago, alleyce said:

I'm definitely more hyped about the touches than the numbers. Justin Jackson has had double digit carries once in his entire career. His career high in attempts is 16. This kid has now done it twice in his first two games in the league and surpassed JJ career high in carries by 7.

Why wouldn't they keep running the ball? It almost got them a win against one of the best teams in the league. They have a rookie QB and clearly their best offensive pieces are RBs.

My New RB1 due to every RB going on IR -- Good Bye 2020 Fantasy Season⬇️

[eventhough i believe in him and his role -- just not as my RB1]

On 9/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Spina said:

My season is Over 

RB1: Saquon Barkley IR

RB2: Le'Veon Bell IR

RB3: Marlon Mack IR

RB4: J.K. Dobbins <---- non-existent

RB5: Joshua Kelley <---- my new RB1 [tied 4TH in the NFL in carries] 

RB6: Frank Gore <---- my new RB2

WR1: Deebo Samuels IR <--- thought he'd miss just Week 1

WR2: Will Fuller <--- should've known better

[other WRs hurt -- Henry Ruggs started Week 1/Breshad Perriman dropped yesterday]

Very Cool Story Bro

The touches have been great, but the efficiency has just sort of been "alright". He's only relevant due to the touches, but should be a solid flex in plus match-ups. I always thought Justin Jackson was more of an Ekeler clone so not sure if he's a threat to the carries necessarily, but could cut into Kelley's catches.

Nevertheless, this guy is a great waiver score due to his usage and they clearly do not want to overwork Ekeler so he should be pretty locked in.

13 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

I'm definitely more hyped about the touches than the numbers. Justin Jackson has had double digit carries once in his entire career. His career high in attempts is 16. This kid has now done it twice in his first two games in the league and surpassed JJ career high in carries by 7.

Why wouldn't they keep running the ball? It almost got them a win against one of the best teams in the league. They have a rookie QB and clearly their best offensive pieces are RBs.

They had Melvin Gordon last year so he was 3rd string so it’s not fair to compare carries from the previous years for Jackson vs this year for Kelley. Also with Rivers they were more pass happy in general.  

I’m not saying they will stop pounding the rock but it’s extremely rare for 1 RB to get 20 touches and the other 25 in the same game. I don’t expect the #2 back to get that amount of touches going forward whether it ends up being Kelley or Jackson. 

I liked the volume they gave Kelley as well. He out touched Ekeler which is good for him. But he averaged 2.8 a carry. So I believe the reason he got all those carries was to keep Ekelers carries down and they have no other back to spell him and not because he was extremely effective and they were rolling with the hot hand. They’ve never given Ekeler more than the 19 carries he received in week 1, which includes weeks he was the guy during Gordon’s absence.

So my assumption is when Jackson gets back it’s going to eat from Kelley’s workload. But who knows. My initial response was just about ROS value Ekeler vs Kelley which I think is an easy answer. 

17 minutes ago, Spina said:

My New RB1 due to every RB going on IR -- Good Bye 2020 Fantasy Season⬇️

[eventhough i believe in him and his role -- just not as my RB1]

I make a ton of ironic and unironic posts around here, but that can't possible be your team... wow. My condolences. I hope you're not serious. 

If Justin Herbert is the truth the GL carries should increase moving forward. The whole offense gets better.

It's good news for Ekeler , Keenan Allen , & Hunter Henry owners as well. It elevates everyone.

As long as he maintains around a 20 carry + - per game avg. I see good things happening. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

I read all this in Larry’s argumentative voice