Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

50 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Fumble sh-mumble (it might have even been charged to Herbie).

There was absolutely no space to run against the nasty front 7 of TB, not to mention over half the o-line was out.

He caught all his targets and might be a feature guy for the near future.

This is correct. The Bucs have the one of the best run defenses in the NFL, and the Chargers run blocking isn't great.

Also, as much as the kid needs to stop fumbling, clearly the coach didn't hold it against him. He was right back out there. Strange though, even I am starting to get pissed at the guy. Two game changing fumbles in his own zone. One last week against Carolina that put them up two TD's, and one against TB that changed the game from a 24-7 lead at half to a 24-14; they lost by one score in both.

• Like 3

Bucs have the best run defense in the NFL over the last 1.25 seasons, so you can’t judge Kelley based on today’s game. TB even held Kamara to 1.3 ypc this year already.

I expect Kelley to be the volume/goalline back going forward with Jackson coming in as the 3rd down/COP guy.

Edited by Dislimb
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

I dont have the bench space or the FAAB for Jackson too. Cmon JK..take this damn backfield over 

Believe me that’s a blessing in disguise.

Jackson is a JAG

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Curious what this is based on?

Game tape, & his production when Gordon was was still on the Chargers & wasn’t playing. 

The injuries or contract hold out.

Jackson never showed much. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Game tape, & his production when Gordon was was still on the Chargers & wasn’t playing. 

The injuries or contract hold out.

Jackson never showed much. 

Well Ekeler was always the lead dog. I honestly never thought Jackson looked bad, and MGIII isn't a bad back. 

Don't be surprised if Jackson steals a decent amount of work. I feel like we haven't seen enough of him to know if he's a JAG

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Well Ekeler was always the lead dog. I honestly never thought Jackson looked bad, and MGIII isn't a bad back. 

Don't be surprised if Jackson steals a decent amount of work. I feel like we haven't seen enough of him to know if he's a JAG

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Kelley is still a rookie with a recent case of the fumbilitis.

And he still needs to get spelled here and there. Can’t handle all the touches obviously.  

Jackson isn’t bad, ‘he’s just another guy’ .JAG.

I’ve seen enough of him to reach my own conclusions. 

Maybe I’m biased.

But I believe he has his own thread, if we’d like to dive deeper into this.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

And he still needs to get spelled here and there. Can’t handle all the touches obviously.  

Maybe I’m biased.

the hype train for jackson will build up regardless and he'll likely disappoint like he has before. This will be another snell like performance

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SkittleMania said:

After this loss, Lynn's seat just got a lot hotter so he might have to forgive Kelley sooner rather than later if he thinks Jackson is going to carry the bulk of a timeshare. These old school hard a** coaches can be their own worse enemy.

I don't see this as a horrible thing. The team wasn't exactly expected to be amazing. Then tyrod got hurt. Then ekeler. Plus online and some defenders. They're banged up (TB too). They still almost won this with their qb of the future showing that he's bout it. They fought hard. Fumble was a mistake from a talented rb. Maybe a timeshare but in general as a LAC coach or supporter, I find a ton of good to take away from this game. 

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Maybe I’m biased.

It'll come down to pass protection IMO. If the kid can handle it then you'd have to think they're gona let him learn the game next to their future qb. Growing pains and all. This team is gona be a serious contender within a year or two. 

• Like 1