Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ekeler expected to miss multiple weeks (groin and knee)...

Significant hamstring injury, hyper-extended knee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rigadoog said:

Season-high 3 targets on sunday... Can he catch?

He was not used much as a receiver in college, but it is clear he has a solid set of hands.

The main drawbacks right now; a beat up offensive line and another very difficult matchup against one of the best run Ds in the Saints-- on Mon night next week.

Still, Herbert looks far more ready than anyone could have imagined and the schedule eases up after next week: NYJ, at MIA, JAC and LVR before the BYE. Giddy up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He was not used much as a receiver in college, but it is clear he has a solid set of hands.

The main drawbacks right now; a beat up offensive line and another very difficult matchup against one of the best run Ds in the Saints-- on Mon night next week.

Still, Herbert looks far more ready than anyone could have imagined and the schedule eases up after next week: NYJ, at MIA, JAC and LVR before the BYE. Giddy up.

Can this guy be a RB2 please. I’m worried he’s not good enough. Typically RB’s that are given this amount of Carries show some kinda spark that they may be special. If they haven’t by now then it’s likely they’re JAG. I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he’s special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

 

Can this guy be a RB2 please. I’m worried he’s not good enough. Typically RB’s that are given this amount of Carries show some kinda spark that they may be special. If they haven’t by now then it’s likely they’re JAG. I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he’s special.

I don't have this worry at all. The kid looked quick and powerful. Just needs to hold onto the rock and continue to grow in pass protection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do you all think gets the majority of the third down work, Kelley or Jackson? Jackson had good moments last year and could be valuable until he gets hurt again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least expectations are realistic in here and the thread isn't littered with league winner and RB1 victory lap posts. I'm hoping for RB2, and I'm not super confident he'll get there because of the fumbles and inexperience and Jackson lurking. But I am glad I held onto him at least.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Who do you all think gets the majority of the third down work, Kelley or Jackson? Jackson had good moments last year and could be valuable until he gets hurt again. 

And that's the key. Jackson is just another iteration of Chris Thompson, good in small spurts, rarely in long stretches, and dinged up more often than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Morse thinks Ekeler out at least 4 weeks but he would not be surprised if Ekeler is out for the year. This is a golden opportunity for Kelley to be ready for the jelley!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Dr. Morse thinks Ekeler out at least 4 weeks but he would not be surprised if Ekeler is out for the year. This is a golden opportunity for Kelley to be ready for the jelley!!!

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock into the timelines being bandied around. Did people not notice he is also getting a 2nd opinion too? Maybe Ekeler escaped with a grade 2 hamstring strain (tear) as is being reported...it sure looked worse, but there is also the matter of the knee hyper-extension too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see this as almost an exact replica of Henderson and Brown with the presumable starter Akers going down. Hard to predict the usage either way and also unlikely either back goes away completely.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slaphitter said:

Glad I have JK. But the dude needs to not fumble once a week

You clearly didn't watch the last game. That fumble wasn't even on him. Handed to him poorly by Herbert and he was tackled before he fully even possessed the ball. He gets a pass for that imo 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints are really really good vs the run. Haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in like 4 years. 

Will Kelley catch enough passes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 1:28 PM, mrfrood said:

Dr. Morse thinks Ekeler out at least 4 weeks but he would not be surprised if Ekeler is out for the year. This is a golden opportunity for Kelley to be ready for the jelley!!!


Apparently Dr Morse didn’t see that picture circulating on the internet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, poofinger said:


Apparently Dr Morse didn’t see that picture circulating on the internet. 

What picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, poofinger said:


Apparently Dr Morse didn’t see that picture circulating on the internet. 

 

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What picture?

 

5 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Yeah I too am curious

 

greatest-gif-ive-ever-seen-98523.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What picture?


i can’t upload pictures.  I guess the World Wide Web has outgrown me. 
 

ekeler with no shirt on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

 

greatest-gif-ive-ever-seen-98523.gif

This is now my favorite GIF, thank you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, street sharks said:

How we feeling about Kelley vs Jackson?

 

Glad I have Kelly. Jackson doesn't worry me at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...