Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ekeler expected to miss multiple weeks (groin and knee)...

Significant hamstring injury, hyper-extended knee. 

1 hour ago, rigadoog said:

Season-high 3 targets on sunday... Can he catch?

He was not used much as a receiver in college, but it is clear he has a solid set of hands.

The main drawbacks right now; a beat up offensive line and another very difficult matchup against one of the best run Ds in the Saints-- on Mon night next week.

Still, Herbert looks far more ready than anyone could have imagined and the schedule eases up after next week: NYJ, at MIA, JAC and LVR before the BYE. Giddy up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He was not used much as a receiver in college, but it is clear he has a solid set of hands.

The main drawbacks right now; a beat up offensive line and another very difficult matchup against one of the best run Ds in the Saints-- on Mon night next week.

Still, Herbert looks far more ready than anyone could have imagined and the schedule eases up after next week: NYJ, at MIA, JAC and LVR before the BYE. Giddy up.

Can this guy be a RB2 please. I’m worried he’s not good enough. Typically RB’s that are given this amount of Carries show some kinda spark that they may be special. If they haven’t by now then it’s likely they’re JAG. I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he’s special.

4 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Can this guy be a RB2 please. I’m worried he’s not good enough. Typically RB’s that are given this amount of Carries show some kinda spark that they may be special. If they haven’t by now then it’s likely they’re JAG. I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he’s special.

I don't have this worry at all. The kid looked quick and powerful. Just needs to hold onto the rock and continue to grow in pass protection. 

Who do you all think gets the majority of the third down work, Kelley or Jackson? Jackson had good moments last year and could be valuable until he gets hurt again. 

At least expectations are realistic in here and the thread isn't littered with league winner and RB1 victory lap posts. I'm hoping for RB2, and I'm not super confident he'll get there because of the fumbles and inexperience and Jackson lurking. But I am glad I held onto him at least.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Who do you all think gets the majority of the third down work, Kelley or Jackson? Jackson had good moments last year and could be valuable until he gets hurt again. 

And that's the key. Jackson is just another iteration of Chris Thompson, good in small spurts, rarely in long stretches, and dinged up more often than not.

Dr. Morse thinks Ekeler out at least 4 weeks but he would not be surprised if Ekeler is out for the year. This is a golden opportunity for Kelley to be ready for the jelley!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Dr. Morse thinks Ekeler out at least 4 weeks but he would not be surprised if Ekeler is out for the year. This is a golden opportunity for Kelley to be ready for the jelley!!!

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock into the timelines being bandied around. Did people not notice he is also getting a 2nd opinion too? Maybe Ekeler escaped with a grade 2 hamstring strain (tear) as is being reported...it sure looked worse, but there is also the matter of the knee hyper-extension too.

Posted (edited)

I see this as almost an exact replica of Henderson and Brown with the presumable starter Akers going down. Hard to predict the usage either way and also unlikely either back goes away completely.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, slaphitter said:

Glad I have JK. But the dude needs to not fumble once a week

You clearly didn't watch the last game. That fumble wasn't even on him. Handed to him poorly by Herbert and he was tackled before he fully even possessed the ball. He gets a pass for that imo 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Saints are really really good vs the run. Haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in like 4 years. 

Will Kelley catch enough passes?

On 10/5/2020 at 1:28 PM, mrfrood said:

Apparently Dr Morse didn’t see that picture circulating on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, poofinger said:

What picture?

13 minutes ago, poofinger said:

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What picture?

5 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Yeah I too am curious

greatest-gif-ive-ever-seen-98523.gif

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What picture?

i can’t upload pictures.  I guess the World Wide Web has outgrown me. 

ekeler with no shirt on. 

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

greatest-gif-ive-ever-seen-98523.gif

This is now my favorite GIF, thank you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, street sharks said:

How we feeling about Kelley vs Jackson?

Glad I have Kelly. Jackson doesn't worry me at all. 

• Like 1