Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

Damn all the Justin Jackson truthers were right! And he actually looked pretty good too.

This was nice while it lasted

31 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

Oh, I get it, you're turning my reply back on me. So edgy.

It's just one game, but yeah, you totally destroyed me. /s

I own Kelley, and I think it's pretty clear that it's Jackson's backfield right now. Maybe it'll change, but Jackson getting the touches in the drive right before OT (not to mention the first four touches of that drive!) and in OT really makes me think that the coaching staff trusts Jackson more.

• Like 1

Kelley is a plodder nothing to see here this is Jackson’s backfield 

• Like 2

Not startable right now but I'd still try and hold if possible. Seems to still be to goal line back and they were missing two starters on their line. Plus Jackson is pretty fragile himself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Drop city and won’t even hesitate, Jackson is clearly the guy to own in this backfield until Ekeler returns. Such a plodder if there ever was one. I wouldn’t want this guy even if he was the only RB left on Chargers roster. Been sitting on my bench but I’d rather invest in a lottery ticket elsewhere. ✌

Edited by Tomei7

round one to JJ, with a standing 8 count delivered 🥊

quite apparent that Jackson is definitely the preferred cat, especially in ppr. 

... but this is not over yet.

i'll worry when Lynn starts trotting the Blancmange out for snaps over Kelley. 

plenty of foosball left to play, folks ... i'm holding. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Joshua Kelley=Matt Asiata without any touchdowns. 

That’s a shot at the legend Matt Asiata 

I still value Kelley enough to hold. Saints run D is really good. Jackson had much better run designs then Kelley. 

When the Saints are prepared for a run they are really really good. I predicted 9/30 for Kelley, ended up 11/29. 

If Herbert is legit and the offense keeps clicking, things could get much better very quickly for Kelley with the plus matchups ahead. Particularly if he’s the goal line back. Won’t be seeing any blow up games, but 75 total yards, a couple receptions, and a TD are realistic weekly expectations vs subpar opponents and favorable game scripts. Could certainly be a usable fantasy asset especially with BYEs and Covid situations. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If Herbert is legit and the offense keeps clicking, things could get much better very quickly for Kelley with the plus matchups ahead. Particularly if he’s the goal line back. Won’t be seeing any blow up games, but 75 total yards, a couple receptions, and a TD are realistic weekly expectations vs subpar opponents and favorable game scripts. Could certainly be a usable fantasy asset especially with BYEs and Covid situations. 

Hopefully the oline gets healthy after the bye week.

16 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

That’s the best likely outcome. A more realistic scenario is what happened last night. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Joshua Kelley=Matt Asiata without any touchdowns. 

This comparison is so spot on it hurts lol

If a lottery ticket pops up, it's drop city but it looks like Jackson is the preferred passing down back and he ran better last night.

Not hitting the outright panic button with all those cupcake matchups coming up.

Jackson is clearly the 1A, but for the Kelley owners out there, their numbers were pretty similar outside of Jackson's one big run. Jackson looked pretty ordinary as well. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Jackson is clearly the 1A, but for the Kelley owners out there, their numbers were pretty similar outside of Jackson's one big run. Jackson looked pretty ordinary as well. 

Completely agree that his long run distorts the yardage. I thought Kelley actually looked more consistent with his runs, but both guys saw multiple handoffs where they were doomed in the backfield.

The targets are where things start to become very clear. 

Edited by Macgregor

It was telling they had Kelley in and the ball at the 2 and didn't even try running it.. Ended up getting sacked for like an 8 yard loss..  

Was the oline this bad for Ekeler?

As someone who usually agonizes and equivocates and makes excuses for everyone:

What is going on here?

Bum. Rage-drop.

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

It was telling they had Kelley in and the ball at the 2 and didn't even try running it.. Ended up getting sacked for like an 8 yard loss..  

Gotta give the Chargers play caller credit for trying to be unpredictable.

Let's relax on overreaction theater in here.  It's just one game, and the Chargers are going to keep using both Kelley and Jackson for as long as Ekeler is out.  Jackson wasn't even great.  Some games will be better and some will be like last night.  New Orleans defense is good and you can tell their plan was to make Herbert beat them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Bulaga and Turner have missed the past 2 and 3 games respectively.

• Like 2

With his bye coming up, maybe he's safe to drop and then if you still really like him you can probably get him back next week?