Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

"Anthony Lynn said #Chargers RB Justin Jackson was back running around today and will be "fine" for this week."

Thoughts ? 

20 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

"Anthony Lynn said #Chargers RB Justin Jackson was back running around today and will be "fine" for this week."

Thoughts ? 

Kills lots of Kelley's value.  

1 hour ago, wuchild97 said:

Thoughts ? 

Never trust a hammy with a RB who has already stayed banged up in his NFL career. It is interesting it is now listed a hammy when it was foot related last week.

• Like 1

Kelley is a longer term play. The hope is that he emerges as 1b to ekelers 1a. Not worried about whether Jackson is back or no this weekend.

• Like 2

So what im reading is that Jackson would be Eckler's backup while Kelley would play the Melvin role. So are we all holding ?!?! 

7 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

So what im reading is that Jackson would be Eckler's backup while Kelley would play the Melvin role. So are we all holding ?!?! 

I’m going to hold through week 1. There are enough people talking about him that it’s worth a hold. I originally laughed  at Kelley but now I’m on board. Short leash though. 

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Kills lots of Kelley's value.  

Not really.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

Realistically, I think maybe 70%-80% of Melvin's production with Ekeler last year if Jackson is out of the picture. If they turn run heavy with Taylor/Herbet as everyone is saying, those percentages have a potential shot of increasing, A lot of ifs, but these are the kind of leaps before you leaguemates wise up that can win you 'ships. Worst case scenario, he becomes waiver fodder. If you are depending on him to win your league, you have bigger problems.

• Like 1

Win league ? absolutely not. but keeping a league-mate from winning league, sure. I have Gurley, Connor, and Zeke. But everyone is looking for league-winning RB. I could use as trade bait for my thin WR core. Wouldnt be bad for a guy picked up this morning on waivers. Just dont want to drop too soon 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, gbill2004 said:

Yes, really

There is a non-zero chance Kelley still has value

This kid has earned the vacated role left by Melvin, and is now Ekeler's sidekick.

Would think he'd be owned more: 11%

...that should rise following Week 1 when everyone catches on.

Free Value to be had.

When the Head Coach (...and former running back) gives a ringing endorsement of a young RB, everyone should probably take notice.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, gbill2004 said:

Yes, really

Says the frustrated JJ owner.

you don’t spend draft capitol on an RB if you don’t plan to use him.

sorry to burst your bubble guy...

34 minutes ago, Spina said:

This kid has earned the vacated role left by Melvin, and is now Ekeler's sidekick.

Would think he'd be owned more: 11%

...that should rise following Week 1 when everyone catches on.

Free Value to be had. When the Head Coach (...and former running back) gives a ringing endorsement of a young RB, everyone should probably take notice.

He is up to a robust 41% owned in CBS as of this morning.

And I agree, it sure seems like he has vaulted into a solid role already. Given the roster, I think Ekeler sees a bunch of time out in the slot or they use both in a pony/pro-form set (motioning out Ek)...either way-- he has the draft capital, the impressive camp and a team/coach that really wants to run the rock.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kencav said:

Says the frustrated JJ owner.

you don’t spend draft capitol on an RB if you don’t plan to use him.

sorry to burst your bubble guy...

I don't own JJ guy

might waiver him if he's available after week 1. Would you guys rather roster him or Snell? This was the debate i had with myself  in the extra covid  round of my draft and i think i made the wrong choice. 

I want to add him so bad.  I have him in dynasty and I keep going back and forth on if I should add him in a redraft league...

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I don't own JJ guy

just on the Kelley forum because your bored then I guess.

is "the Melvin Gordon" role even worth the stash ? Im holding. just not sure for how long. If you told me he was going to take over the backfield entirely, maybe

1 hour ago, NInsko said:

might waiver him if he's available after week 1. Would you guys rather roster him or Snell? This was the debate i had with myself  in the extra covid  round of my draft and i think i made the wrong choice. 

Joshua definitely, just keep Snell on your watch list. Unless you got Conner and would like the security (he aint the most durable back either) 

It's what Im doing currently. 

Plus will Ekeler hold up the whole season as the lead dog. Only time will tell 

2 hours ago, kencav said:

just on the Kelley forum because your bored then I guess.

Didn't realize this thread was exclusive 🙄

5 hours ago, wuchild97 said:

is "the Melvin Gordon" role even worth the stash ? Im holding. just not sure for how long. If you told me he was going to take over the backfield entirely, maybe

I think yes, key thing is that while Melvin Gordon was a pretty damn good fantasy back--in general, was he really all that good of running back? It is sort of a convoluted question, and I am not a person that judges simply on YPC, but he left a bit to be desired overall (imo). He had knee issues and certainly o-line issues, but it is absolutely possible that Kelley is a really talented back and a better runner for this scheme. I am excited to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think yes, key thing is that while Melvin Gordon was a pretty damn good fantasy back--in general, was he really all that good of running back? It is sort of a convoluted question, and I am not a person that judges simply on YPC, but he left a bit to be desired overall (imo). He had knee issues and certainly o-line issues, but it is absolutely possible that Kelley is a really talented back and a better runner for this scheme. I am excited to see.

I mean, if you compared MGIII at Wisconsin vs Kelley at UCLA I think you'd be hard pressed to say Kelley looked better.

But perhaps you're right, he may just be a better fit.  I'm not really loving that Pouncey and Bulaga are out already though, speaking of o line issues.