Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

"Anthony Lynn said #Chargers RB Justin Jackson was back running around today and will be "fine" for this week."

Thoughts ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

"Anthony Lynn said #Chargers RB Justin Jackson was back running around today and will be "fine" for this week."

Thoughts ? 

Kills lots of Kelley's value.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wuchild97 said:

"Anthony Lynn said #Chargers RB Justin Jackson was back running around today and will be "fine" for this week."

Thoughts ? 

Never trust a hammy with a RB who has already stayed banged up in his NFL career. It is interesting it is now listed a hammy when it was foot related last week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelley is a longer term play. The hope is that he emerges as 1b to ekelers 1a. Not worried about whether Jackson is back or no this weekend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what im reading is that Jackson would be Eckler's backup while Kelley would play the Melvin role. So are we all holding ?!?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

So what im reading is that Jackson would be Eckler's backup while Kelley would play the Melvin role. So are we all holding ?!?! 

I’m going to hold through week 1. There are enough people talking about him that it’s worth a hold. I originally laughed  at Kelley but now I’m on board. Short leash though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Kills lots of Kelley's value.  

 Not really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

So what im reading is that Jackson would be Eckler's backup while Kelley would play the Melvin role. So are we all holding ?!?! 

Realistically, I think maybe 70%-80% of Melvin's production with Ekeler last year if Jackson is out of the picture. If they turn run heavy with Taylor/Herbet as everyone is saying, those percentages have a potential shot of increasing, A lot of ifs, but these are the kind of leaps before you leaguemates wise up that can win you 'ships. Worst case scenario, he becomes waiver fodder. If you are depending on him to win your league, you have bigger problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win league ? absolutely not. but keeping a league-mate from winning league, sure. I have Gurley, Connor, and Zeke. But everyone is looking for league-winning RB. I could use as trade bait for my thin WR core. Wouldnt be bad for a guy picked up this morning on waivers. Just dont want to drop too soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, gbill2004 said:

Yes, really

There is a non-zero chance Kelley still has value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid has earned the vacated role left by Melvin, and is now Ekeler's sidekick.

 

Would think he'd be owned more: 11%

...that should rise following Week 1 when everyone catches on.

Free Value to be had.

 

When the Head Coach (...and former running back) gives a ringing endorsement of a young RB, everyone should probably take notice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, gbill2004 said:

Yes, really

Says the frustrated JJ owner.

you don’t spend draft capitol on an RB if you don’t plan to use him.

sorry to burst your bubble guy...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Spina said:

This kid has earned the vacated role left by Melvin, and is now Ekeler's sidekick.

Would think he'd be owned more: 11%

...that should rise following Week 1 when everyone catches on.

Free Value to be had. When the Head Coach (...and former running back) gives a ringing endorsement of a young RB, everyone should probably take notice.

He is up to a robust 41% owned in CBS as of this morning.

And I agree, it sure seems like he has vaulted into a solid role already. Given the roster, I think Ekeler sees a bunch of time out in the slot or they use both in a pony/pro-form set (motioning out Ek)...either way-- he has the draft capital, the impressive camp and a team/coach that really wants to run the rock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kencav said:

Says the frustrated JJ owner.

you don’t spend draft capitol on an RB if you don’t plan to use him.

sorry to burst your bubble guy...

 

 

I don't own JJ guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might waiver him if he's available after week 1. Would you guys rather roster him or Snell? This was the debate i had with myself  in the extra covid  round of my draft and i think i made the wrong choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to add him so bad.  I have him in dynasty and I keep going back and forth on if I should add him in a redraft league...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I don't own JJ guy


just on the Kelley forum because your bored then I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is "the Melvin Gordon" role even worth the stash ? Im holding. just not sure for how long. If you told me he was going to take over the backfield entirely, maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NInsko said:

might waiver him if he's available after week 1. Would you guys rather roster him or Snell? This was the debate i had with myself  in the extra covid  round of my draft and i think i made the wrong choice. 

 

Joshua definitely, just keep Snell on your watch list. Unless you got Conner and would like the security (he aint the most durable back either) 

It's what Im doing currently. 

Plus will Ekeler hold up the whole season as the lead dog. Only time will tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kencav said:


just on the Kelley forum because your bored then I guess.

Didn't realize this thread was exclusive 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wuchild97 said:

is "the Melvin Gordon" role even worth the stash ? Im holding. just not sure for how long. If you told me he was going to take over the backfield entirely, maybe

I think yes, key thing is that while Melvin Gordon was a pretty damn good fantasy back--in general, was he really all that good of running back? It is sort of a convoluted question, and I am not a person that judges simply on YPC, but he left a bit to be desired overall (imo). He had knee issues and certainly o-line issues, but it is absolutely possible that Kelley is a really talented back and a better runner for this scheme. I am excited to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think yes, key thing is that while Melvin Gordon was a pretty damn good fantasy back--in general, was he really all that good of running back? It is sort of a convoluted question, and I am not a person that judges simply on YPC, but he left a bit to be desired overall (imo). He had knee issues and certainly o-line issues, but it is absolutely possible that Kelley is a really talented back and a better runner for this scheme. I am excited to see.

I mean, if you compared MGIII at Wisconsin vs Kelley at UCLA I think you'd be hard pressed to say Kelley looked better.

But perhaps you're right, he may just be a better fit.  I'm not really loving that Pouncey and Bulaga are out already though, speaking of o line issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...