Rotoworld.com Forums

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, Tomy said:

Hines ahead him even in standard?

i see very good situation for Kelley

Standard maybe not, I always play 0.5 or 1 PPR though.

Anyway, I landed Kelley and not Hines in my waivers and I'm actually kind of glad it worked that way. I've watched a lot of Kelley tape (college and from week 1) the past few days and I'm fully on the hype train.

Ekeler's body might not be cut out for a full bell-cow role this year and Kelley is fast, strong and runs hard and decisively.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

one man's metric, but that's some damn good company, especially factoring in zero passing game work ...

The report is broken up into three distinct sections: Opportunity, Production, and Results and the goal is to dive in and find out where these coveted fantasy points are coming from every week for every team. I envision that these categories will stay the same throughout the season, but some of the specific stats may change as I work on fine-tuning this.

Screen2.jpg

link to full article

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, stevieglick said:

I snagged Kelley in my league. Spent $51. It felt like a ton, next closest ended up being $22. But glad I got him!

Yeah you're on crack.

Although someone in my league spent more on Kelley (33%) than Malcolm Brown (31%).  I don't see it.

Again, he's going to be a fine player. And it's a fallacy that RB's can't come from bad offenses. So, not a bad pickup. Just not for that much money lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yeah you're on crack.

Although someone in my league spent more on Kelley (33%) than Malcolm Brown (31%).  I don't see it.

Again, he's going to be a fine player. And it's a fallacy that RB's can't come from bad offenses. So, not a bad pickup. Just not for that much money lol

No. Not on crack. It’s a 12 team league with a 7 man bench. So not a ton out there. I always miss on guys early because I’m afraid to spend so I went in with a high bid for Kelley. 

Will be interesting to see what his usage will be like in a game where they are playing from behind.  KC coming to town and you would think they will be behind most of the game.  His value could hinge on game script and not enough information right now to make that determination.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SteelersScotty said:

Wow...I already own Mixon, Jacobs, Gibson, Montgomery, Hines and Robinson as RBs, with only five WRs on my roster, but I think you all have convinced me to drop Bryan Edwards and add even more depth in Kelley.

what have we seen already with Mack/Bell/Conners/Miles/Lindsay/Duke?

ONE CAN NEVER HAVE "TOO MANY" RBS

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

Wow...I already own Mixon, Jacobs, Gibson, Montgomery, Hines and Robinson as RBs, with only five WRs on my roster, but I think you all have convinced me to drop Bryan Edwards and add even more depth in Kelley.

I also just dropped Edwards for Kelley. There seems to be an over abundance of serviceable WRs this year and a glut at the RB position (at least on my team), which made the move a no-brainer. 

44 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

I guess this completely depends on your league settings and the starters, etc, but I don’t get this mentality. I love packing my roster with as many RBs as possible and don’t get the train of thought of having enough and ignoring great rb ww pickups. They go down like flies and if nothing else, if you have a relative monopoly, you bundle them for upgrades to your starters as the year wears on the the ww is bare. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, stevieglick said:

I snagged Kelley in my league. Spent $51. It felt like a ton, next closest ended up being $22. But glad I got him!

it’s a bit rich - I landed him for $11 but my league is full of tacos. 

on the other hand, it seems to me that the bulk of great faab pickups happen early in the year before emerging talent and team roles become clear to everyone.  

Kelley looks good, and if he ends up being a top-20 RB, which he very well could, I think that’s more than well worth half your faab.

I’d rather overspend on a guy I think is breaking out than play scared. I spent $250 out of $1000 FAAB on Max Fried early last year and he’s still on my squad to this day. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

it’s a bit rich - I landed him for $11 but my league is full of tacos. 

on the other hand, it seems to me that the bulk of great faab pickups happen early in the year before emerging talent and team roles become clear to everyone.  

Kelley looks good, and if he ends up being a top-20 RB, which he very well could, I think that’s more than well worth half your faab.

I’d rather overspend on a guy I think is breaking out than play scared. I spent $250 out of $1000 FAAB on Max Fried early last year and he’s still on my squad to this day. 

I googled “Max Fried”

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, Stallion said:

Standard maybe not, I always play 0.5 or 1 PPR though.

Anyway, I landed Kelley and not Hines in my waivers and I'm actually kind of glad it worked that way. I've watched a lot of Kelley tape (college and from week 1) the past few days and I'm fully on the hype train.

Ekeler's body might not be cut out for a full bell-cow role this year and Kelley is fast, strong and runs hard and decisively.

Have u seen ekeler's body? 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Tristan5354 said:

Have u seen ekeler's body? 

In Ekeler's four years in the NFL he has a total of 304 carriers. His 132 carries last year was the most in his career.  He's on pace for 304 carriers this year. We have no way of knowing if he can handle that may carries which is one of things that makes Kelley intriguing.

Remember that offseason people said CMC couldn’t handle a full workload yet he proved doubters wrong by adding pure muscle in the offseason?

Ekeler did the same thing and he is an inch shorter and 5lbs lighter.  

Ekeler is probably the 2nd best receiving back behind CMC.

Now, I am not saying he will ever be on the same level but they profile as similar builds.  No one knows if Ekeler can do it or not but to say that he doesn’t have the “body” for it is crazy.  His work ethic certainly won’t be the reason he can’t tote the rock more.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Remember that offseason people said CMC couldn’t handle a full workload yet he proved doubters wrong by adding pure muscle in the offseason?

Ekeler did the same thing and he is an inch shorter and 5lbs lighter.  

Ekeler is probably the 2nd best receiving back behind CMC.

Now, I am not saying he will ever be on the same level but they profile as similar builds.  No one knows if Ekeler can do it or not but to say that he doesn’t have the “body” for it is crazy.  His work ethic certainly won’t be the reason he can’t tote the rock more.

Please don't compare Ekeler to CMC , there's just no winning that argument. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Please don't compare Ekeler to CMC , there's just no winning that argument. 

I knew someone would say this - ain't nobody comparing their careers because it's not close but before CMC was a stud, people questioned whether he could hold up as a full time running back because he was so small but he ended up coming into camp adding some serious muscle and proved doubters wrong.

I simply mentioned the Ekeler did the same thing with his body in the offseason.

Nice try though.  You don't watch much football if you don't think Ekeler is just as good as CMC as a receiver but considering your avatar of CMC, you are probably just blinded by love :)

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 1