Rotoworld.com Forums

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

I knew someone would say this - ain't nobody comparing their careers because it's not close but before CMC was a stud, people questioned whether he could hold up as a full time running back because he was so small but he ended up coming into camp adding some serious muscle and proved doubters wrong.

I simply mentioned the Ekeler did the same thing with his body in the offseason.

Nice try though.  You don't watch much football if you don't think Ekeler is just as good as CMC as a receiver but considering your avatar of CMC, you are probably just blinded by love :)

So which is it ? 😂 

You're funny. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one out please turn off the lights

Guess who's currently PFF highest graded RB in pass blocking???.. Youve guessed it! Its Joshua Kelley with a 87.1 rating and 0 sacks/pressures/hurries/hits allowed on 12 pass blocking snaps.  Wh

Not a good gif as this dude dies like 1min after. 

The league winner hype is real. As good of a lotto ticket as any RB handcuff out there and if he's still available he's well worth a stash. Joshua Kelley ticks most of the boxes you're looking for in a lead back. Athletic, powerful and a strong production history in college that includes a 27-reception season. He got significant goal line work Week 1, and while I don't believe he has stand alone value in standard leagues, he will absolutely blow up if Ekeler misses time.

When I think "league winner", I think Jonathan Taylor...Chase Edmonds...Mattison...

Someone picked way late who is going to put up RB1 #'s to give your team a 1-2 punch of double or triple RB1's. That's not going to happen with any Chargers running back with Tyrod at QB I don't think. He is flex or bye week material...or sub for injury. 

X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, FooserX said:

When I think "league winner", I think Jonathan Taylor...Chase Edmonds...Mattison...

Someone picked way late who is going to put up RB1 #'s to give your team a 1-2 punch of double or triple RB1's. That's not going to happen with any Chargers running back with Tyrod at QB I don't think. He is flex or bye week material...or sub for injury. 

X

The only league winner there is currently Jonathan Taylor, with the recent Mack injury vaulting him into RB1 status.

Edmonds/Mattison are nothing more than lottery ticket handcuffs. 

At least Joshua offers RB3 / Flex value right now. With room for more as the season progresses. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
31 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

The only league winner there is currently Jonathan Taylor, with the recent Mack injury vaulting him into RB1 status.

Edmonds/Mattison are nothing more than lottery ticket handcuffs. 

At least Joshua offers RB3 / Flex value right now. With room for more as the season progresses. 

This isn't to you CMC. I know this is how it shown on ESPN app and stuff too... but if I am going to really buy into this dude and not feel like I am discussing a 12 year old. Can we please stop calling him Joshua already? 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

but if I am going to really buy into this dude and not feel like I am discussing a 12 year old. Can we please stop calling him Joshua already? 

you're right. We dont need to use his full name. We're not his parents

Joshua? Let's shorten that down.

'Shua Kelley

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He is on my team now because not only did he pass the eye test, he got goal line touches and can be started on  flex or bye weeks.

I like him better than anyone else, as his performance demands more carries going forward.

Edited by Sivaro
11 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

BIG blow for sure. 

Did Pouncey play the whole game last week? If he left the game early, JK seemed to do fine without him since most of his production was in the 2nd half, correct? If Pouncey played the whole game or left right at the end, that changes things.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vikesrube said:

Did Pouncey play the whole game last week? If he left the game early, JK seemed to do fine without him since most of his production was in the 2nd half, correct? If Pouncey played the whole game or left right at the end, that changes things.

He sat out last week entirely. His hip (amongst a malady of other ailments) has been an issue for quite awhile. His play has been inconsistent --at best-- the last 3 years. I believe he is a lot more name than game at this point, prob not a big loss--outside of his leadership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He sat out last week entirely. His hip (amongst a malady of other ailments) has been an issue for quite awhile. His play has been inconsistent --at best-- the last 3 years. I believe he is a lot more name than game at this point, prob not a big loss--outside of his leadership.

That's why I come here.  He did not play at all and Jelly did fine.  That's is the answer to that question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sivaro said:

He is on my team now because not only did he pass the eye test, he got goal line touches and can be started on  flex or bye weeks.

I like him better than anyone else, as his performance demands more carries going forward.

^^^^This exactly!^^^^Could be much more than flex or bye week RB. Anthony Lynn was pissed after 1st Half & came out 3rd qtr gave Kelley run & goal line looks. He delivered & sparked their team. Chargers era of “check down” ala Rivers is over. To keep up with Chiefs, Ravens,etc. Play action with Gun Slinger Rookie QB Hebert, on the horizon sooner than later; Tyrod did not look good vs Bengals. IMO

• Like 1