Dirtywater97

Joshua Kelley 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

For Justin Jackson ?!!

That’s a backward move if I ever seen any. 

Kelley has all the upside. 

In case Jackson takes over as the #2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this guy, especially in Dynasty/Keeper leagues. This team looked totally different than last weeks Tyrod and this guy is heavily involved. He's getting GL carrries, getting work in the passing game. Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mjb said:

In case Jackson takes over as the #2

This makes zero sense. In what world would JJ take over as the #2 with Kelley/Ekeler doing what they’re doing?? 
 

I would trade you JJ for Kelley in a heartbeat and then come to this forum and brag about it afterwards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mmb0163 said:

This makes zero sense. In what world would JJ take over as the #2 with Kelley/Ekeler doing what they’re doing?? 
 

I would trade you JJ for Kelley in a heartbeat and then come to this forum and brag about it afterwards.

No, I need both, not JJ Over Kelly😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

In case Jackson takes over as the #2

 

I was under the impression Jackson is not a power back like Kelley, and is more like Ekeler. They obviously want someone specifically serving that role.

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

In case Jackson takes over as the #2

 

I don't think Jackson is seeing the field much after he's back.

FO regime changes are real, and so is draft pedigree. JJ is a fringe day 2 pick, from the old Chargers regime. Lynn has no allegiance to him, and has relentlessly praised Kelley (4th round current regime pick) since June. He's also much better of a complimentary back to what they want Ekeler to be. I think JJ will get his change of pace carries mixed in, but he shouldn't get more than 2-5 carries a game. The remainder of this VERY run heavy offense, with a former RB head coach and a rookie QB (who looked pretty good all things considered), is a piece you want to be a part of. You will see people blowing 50-70% of their FAAB on him once he has a ceiling game, where he goes 110 and 2 TDs. Could happen next week or two, but I think it'll happen sooner than people think. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mjb said:

No, I need both, not JJ Over Kelly😂

That makes way more sense lol. Sorry for misunderstanding.

i honestly don’t think JJ would even be worth giving up much for as a handcuff to begin with though. If Kelley goes down, then I would imagine Ekeler would be featured more with a little JJ sprinkled in.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

 

After two weeks four RBs have more carries than Joshua Kelley: Henry (55), Elliott (44), McCaffrey (41), Drake (36)

Kelley: 35-124-1 (49 receiving yards)

Ekeler: 35-177-0 (58yd)

CEH: 35-176-1 (32yd)

Taylor: 35-123-1 (76yd)

Gurley: 35-117-1 (1yd)

Mixon: 35-115-0 (42yd)

*of the above only McCaffrey, Elliott, Ekeler, Taylor have more receiving yards

**Kelley did not receive any carries until the 2nd Half of Week 1

 

Very small sample size, however Joshua Kelley has proven to not only have value, but the trust of his coaching staff thus far to start the season. 

Out-touching Ekeler this week 25-20 is eye-opening -- Ekeler owners can't be please.

[note: Herbert's rushing TD was a designed roll-out TD pass to Kelley that he kept]

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spina said:

After two weeks four RBs have more carries than Joshua Kelley: Henry (55), Elliott (44), McCaffrey (41), Drake (36)

Kelley: 35-124-1 (49 receiving yards)

Ekeler: 35-177-0 (58yd)

CEH: 35-176-1 (32yd)

Taylor: 35-123-1 (76yd)

Gurley: 35-117-1 (1yd)

Mixon: 35-115-0 (42yd)

*of the above only McCaffrey, Elliott, Ekeler, Taylor have more receiving yards

**Kelley did not receive any carries until the 2nd Half of Week 1

 

Very small sample size, however Joshua Kelley has proven to not only have value, but the trust of his coaching staff thus far to start the season. 

Out-touching Ekeler this week 25-20 is eye-opening -- Ekeler owners can't be please.

[note: Herbert's rushing TD was a designed roll-out TD pass to Kelley that he kept]

 

Wow good stuff right there, that's crazy. Who woulda thought huh

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shout out CBS for putting me on this guy before the draft. He was my 142nd pick and I'm loving it. Has that Melvin Gordon role locked down.

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Kelly with all the injuries around the league.

 

Anyone else confident in starting him this week vs. the porous Carolina defense?  SIGN ME UP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Juke said:

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Kelly with all the injuries around the league.

 

Anyone else confident in starting him this week vs. the porous Carolina defense?  SIGN ME UP.

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but with my uninspiring RB2 options I'm putting him in without hesitation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea: all this Mike Davis/McKinnon discussion and I'm curious about the guy who had over 20 carries above Eckeler this week 😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost CMC, starting Kelley and Robinson with confidence! Week 3 win would be crucial, I really want to avoid trading CMC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I completely misjudged this guy. I thought it was the same JAG that was on the Washington Redskins, (?Rob Kelley?) Dammit, this is a completely different guy.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Juke said:

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Kelly with all the injuries around the league.

 

Anyone else confident in starting him this week vs. the porous Carolina defense?  SIGN ME UP.

I agree on the talk. I have him as my RB4 behind Cook, Chubb and Taylor and haven't even had anyone reach out for a trade of any kind. Guess they're just sleeping on him. There are plenty of teams in my league with RB injuries. I grabbed him in 3 of 4 keeper/dynasty leagues and am more than happy to have him as depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...