Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Randy Arozarena 2020 Outlook

Rays recalled OF Randy Arozarena from their alternate training site.

Arozarena was acquired from the Cardinals over the winter but was sidelined for a while for undisclosed reasons. He's actually taking the roster spot of Jose Martinez, who came with him from St. Louis but who is now headed to the Cubs. Arozarena is expected to see some playing time and is an interesting prospect.

• Like 1

Definitely interesting.  Had solid numbers in brief time last season with the Cardinals and several solid seasons in the minors, but a rough first day with Tampa against Cole.

How come he seems to bat near the top of his order when he does play and hes been raking but they've been sitting him so much?

8 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

How come he seems to bat near the top of his order when he does play and hes been raking but they've been sitting him so much?

Tampa loves to mix and match. I believe he's mainly just starting against lefties but I'm hoping they give him more starts since he's scorching the ball. 

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Tampa loves to mix and match. I believe he's mainly just starting against lefties but I'm hoping they give him more starts since he's scorching the ball. 

This. He’s mainly being used vs lefties and as a punch runner. The Jose Martinez trade was done to get this guy playing time. I think he’s talented enough he’ll play his way into getting regular ABs sooner rather than later. They’ve even been trying to work him into playing 2B a bit. Reminds me of a prime Pittsburgh Mccutchen. 

51 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

This. He’s mainly being used vs lefties and as a punch runner. The Jose Martinez trade was done to get this guy playing time. I think he’s talented enough he’ll play his way into getting regular ABs sooner rather than later. They’ve even been trying to work him into playing 2B a bit. Reminds me of a prime Pittsburgh Mccutchen. 

It's Cash and he's a moron.  There's no reason why he's not getting everyday ABs.  Obviously especially after today, but we'll see since it's Cash and he still has yet to give a real shot to probably their best 1B option in the whole organization in Nate Lowe.

Honestly, I hope he gets an everyday shot at this point.  He deserves it.

He's a player, 20/20 talent. Go grab him if you can. Yes, the comments about about Cash are spot on, but you gotta grab the talent 

2 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

This. He’s mainly being used vs lefties and as a punch runner. The Jose Martinez trade was done to get this guy playing time. I think he’s talented enough he’ll play his way into getting regular ABs sooner rather than later. They’ve even been trying to work him into playing 2B a bit. Reminds me of a prime Pittsburgh Mccutchen. 

Where did you see that he might play some 2b?

I don’t know if they will be platooning him anymore. Nice multi category threat.  Good team.. sneaky good offense.  And here’s the cake you can eat with...tonight it’s Scherzer but tomorrow it’s anibal Sánchez and then the piss awful Red Sox pitching staff.

23 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

I don’t know if they will be platooning him anymore. Nice multi category threat.  Good team.. sneaky good offense.  And here’s the cake you can eat with...tonight it’s Scherzer but tomorrow it’s anibal Sánchez and then the piss awful Red Sox pitching staff.

what changed overnight?

like i said, what has changed overnight with the way the rays set their lineups??....scorching hot, yet sitting once again today...lol

Comes in as a defensive replacement and then homers against a tough righty (Rainey). Play this dude everyday!

6 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

like i said, what has changed overnight with the way the rays set their lineups??....scorching hot, yet sitting once again today...lol

The Kevin Cash-Gabe Kapler school of managing is a confusing one sometimes.  At least it works for the former. 

Batting 3rd against a righty!

Pulled the instant Boston brings in a righty. Not sure I want any part of this going forward.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crafty said:

Pulled the instant Boston brings in a righty. Not sure I want any part of this going forward.

Great call.  Took a shot....didn’t work...Rays are hard to own.

Yeah doesn’t make any sense. Kid comes in hits a bunch of dongs. They play match ups. Getting pulled mid game is a confidence killer. I think I may be out as well. 

21 hours ago, Thewizardnj said:

Yeah doesn’t make any sense. Kid comes in hits a bunch of dongs. They play match ups. Getting pulled mid game is a confidence killer. I think I may be out as well. 

The 'analytics or bust' school of managing are going to continue making fantasy more difficult.

22 hours ago, Thewizardnj said:

Getting pulled mid game is a confidence killer

I talked to him, he said he'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1