oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

I am guessing the commisioner doesnt have any players on teams involved? I bet if he did, he would be adding a slot or two in a heartbeat

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

I suppose I just prefer to stay positive.

Don't you mean "stay negative"?  (To give credit where credit is due, this was a joke from my 8.5 year old daughter when my family had to get tested after we were exposed, since the goal is to have a negative test result. From that moment forward, whenever the issue of COVID comes up, our mantra is "stay negative"!  Fortunately, we did ... two times each!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, blueselvedge said:

I am guessing the commisioner doesnt have any players on teams involved? I bet if he did, he would be adding a slot or two in a heartbeat

Not yet, but I am going to try to get more people to support IR slots. I can already see a scenario where teams will be forced to choose between dropping good players that are inactive due to a cancelled game or simply field an incomplete team. 

21 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

These thoughts of moving a game here or there are not understanding the situation.  You have to expect the whole team, coaches and support staff have been exposed.  More will come down with COVID during this week.  The Titans could be several weeks from being able to play, and having a game would put the Steelers in the same situation the Vikings are in now as new Titans cases come up into next week.

The fact that the NFL doesn't seem to understand this and already have a plan for it is stunning, and does not bode well for the whole league being able to finish this season.

Being exposed doesn’t mean you’ll be infected, Sure, it’s possible we will see more Titans test positive in the coming days. But if Friday comes and no Titans or Vikings test positive, Covid should not be the reason to postpone the game beyond a couple of days.

5 minutes ago, blueselvedge said:

Adding bench slots in the middle of the season is poor league management. That type of stuff should have been apart of the contract of the league beforehand. Everybody knew that we needed at least 2 or 3 extra bench slots this year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

No...it unfathomable that he would take that kind of a chance with nothing really to gain and everything to lose. 

To put your career on the line for hiding something that didn't need to be hid?  And to hope that the medical staff didn't say anything?

No offense but this take is moronic. The decision you are attempting to put on Vrabel is way above his pay grade.

32 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Are you serious?  It's a major, major event for these cities that takes extreme amounts of preparation and planning.  Why do you think they decide the city years ahead of time?

So is literally everything else going on right now. Currently you may have little to no fans attending the SB, so what is adjusting it a week or two really going to do? If Major league baseball can adjust to a world series on a weeks notice I think football can push back a week.

3 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

No offense but this take is moronic. The decision you are attempting to put on Vrabel is way above his pay grade.

It looks like you're saying the same thing.   Are you saying that this falls on Vrabel or not?

PSA: Covid can spring up anytime. If you have guys playing on Thursdays, take advantage and secure the production. Except this Thursday of course...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, blueselvedge said:

I really don’t know what yahoo does but ESPN you cannot make that change ...

Report from Schefter that it's a nose tackle, long snapper, and backup TE.

No one fantasy relevant.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I really don’t know what yahoo does but ESPN you cannot make that change ...

Well, we're screwed then. Could lead to a lot of forfeiting if games begin getting canceled. 

21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

No one fantasy relevant.

Thanks and great news! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

No one fantasy relevant.

Whoa whoa whoa - UNLOAD ALL GOSTKOWSKI STOCKS NOW!!! 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

This won’t end well.  This doesn’t seem like it’s going to work.  This is just going to keep happening all season.  I believe this is the beginning of the end.  I don’t really see a scenario where the season could survive this.  It was fun while it lasted.  The chances of the season being completed are basically zero.  It feels like I was left at the altar and my bride ran off with the best man.

Those are all quotes from the first few pages of the baseball COVID thread.  

I suppose I just prefer to stay positive.  The doom and gloom doesn’t help matters as far as I can tell.

Baseball and football couldn’t be any more different. Rescheduling games is literally baked into baseball. I don’t see how baseball’s successful rescheduling is any different to what they did every year. Now if 3-4 football teams can’t play on a Sunday, that’s an unprecedented situation. Hopefully we can stop with the false equivalence with other sports. Of all the sports, baseball was the easiest due to opposition players already being socially distant (at least most of the time). 

Now imagine a scenario where one of the titans defensive players say one of the defensive lineman inadvertently infects one of the PIT offense say the offensive lineman. Not too crazy and then you can go onwards from there. OL -> QB -> rest of the team. 
I think it’s risky to play this game this weekend. 

Edited by screaming_vultures

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Biggest issue is if they move the bye weeks for these teams what happens if later on in the season they have another outbreak? Only a finite number of days to get these games in. 

I thought they built some buffers in to the schedule this season with the idea that, if they had to, bye weeks could be managed and games could be moved around to take in to account any missed covid games? Wasn't one of the ideas always that the playoffs and SB could maybe be pushed back if necessary? or at least playoffs? Maybe the SB date is the hard line they can't move around?

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Are you serious?  It's a major, major event for these cities that takes extreme amounts of preparation and planning.  Why do you think they decide the city years ahead of time?

To have no flexibility is just stupidity. Better to have a Super Bowl than no Super Bowl at all. Imagine the loss in revenue for starters among other things.

This year is like no other and needs to be treated that way. Being inflexible and saying that Super Bowl has to happen at a certain date in a certain city this season is just clear stupidity. Better to shift it a few weeks than say oh well can’t have the Super Bowl because it can’t be played on the set day.

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

No one fantasy relevant.

Pretty sure that DT played a lot of snaps on Sunday....

Hello. New here. For my league I run, we voted to add 2 more IR spots (total of 3) and 3 extra bench spots. 

Makes for a pathetically-thin WW, but this is the best we could do. I'd imagine this may come into play after today's news.

Side note/question: How do I start a new topic?

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

It looks like you're saying the same thing.   Are you saying that this falls on Vrabel or not?

You keep playing the “leadership” card on this like you want the team to be punished which is weird. You do understand that the Titans and Vrabel did everything they were supposed to per the NFL right? They left Bowen behind and had no positives the final day of testing. Not sure what you are looking for here, but no matter how many times you say it doesn’t make it true.

17 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

You keep playing the “leadership” card on this like you want the team to be punished which is weird. You do understand that the Titans and Vrabel did everything they were supposed to per the NFL right? They left Bowen behind and had no positives the final day of testing. Not sure what you are looking for here, but no matter how many times you say it doesn’t make it true.

What are you talking about that I keep playing the leadership card?  I just made a fairly short response to someone else’s post agreeing with him that Vrabel didn’t just make a decision on his own.

Edited by K197040