oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

1 hour ago, Black_Panther said:

To have no flexibility is just stupidity. Better to have a Super Bowl than no Super Bowl at all. Imagine the loss in revenue for starters among other things.

This year is like no other and needs to be treated that way. Being inflexible and saying that Super Bowl has to happen at a certain date in a certain city this season is just clear stupidity. Better to shift it a few weeks than say oh well can’t have the Super Bowl because it can’t be played on the set day.

Of course it's better to have it on an alternate date rather than not have it at all.  My point is it's not as easy as just saying "move it, dude!1!".  The NFL will, and should, exhaust all other options before doing something like that.

I am letting all team managers in my league make one extra pickup if they lose a player to Covid.  They wanted unlimited moves but I said just one per week.  They do not have to drop the player sent to the Covid list.

news broke that Las Vegas Raiders players showed up to a crowded event full of maskless attendees on Monday. Video surfaced Monday night of Raiders players at the charity event hosted by tight end Darren Waller. Here’s maskless quarterback Derek Carr tossing a signed football to a donor in a crowded ballroom.

https://twitter.com/_CassieSoto/status/1310776479551086592?s=20

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

news broke that Las Vegas Raiders players showed up to a crowded event full of maskless attendees on Monday. Video surfaced Monday night of Raiders players at the charity event hosted by tight end Darren Waller. Here’s maskless quarterback Derek Carr tossing a signed football to a donor in a crowded ballroom.

"Anything for charity!"

NFL bouta fine them for 1000x whatever they raised.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, collucho said:

"Anything for charity!"

NFL bouta fine them for 1000x whatever they raised.

NFL should make them pay the fine to the charity, at least. 

Looks like MIN@HOU will not be affected but PIT@TEN could still be pushed back to Monday night.

(speculation)

This is good news.  Particularly for my team with Conner, DJ, Pitt D/ST 😂

In all seriousness though, it is great to see that (seemingly) the protocols are working.  If the NFL can survive an outbreak with no game cancellations, that's a really good sign.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Holy crap - people are dumb.  For the most part, the NFL is doing well but this is the type of carelessness that could cause outbreaks.

And two high profile players for the most part...Carr and Waller.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Holy crap - people are dumb.  For the most part, the NFL is doing well but this is the type of carelessness that could cause outbreaks.

And two high profile players for the most part...Carr and Waller.

I wonder if the NFL has any protocols for getting these events approved?  On one hand, it's the player's personal time, but we've seen other sports (NBA for example) that have mandated rules for every aspect of a player's life.  Hard to believe the NFL would allow these types of things without even requiring that the player notify the NFL.

Edited by kp96

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Hmmm. Test results based on when? This is a nightmare. What if they're basing it on test results from Sunday? Or Monday?

More info, please. 

That will be a short week if they play Tuesday.
Edited by ColoWrex

Could be possible that if you put tennesse or pitt players in your lineup and they cancel the game on monday to another week and all other teams have already played so you are out those goose wggs in your lineup

7 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:
That will be a short week if they play Tuesday.

Not as short as a Sunday to Thursday Night week. They'll live. 

• Like 2

If this game is rescheduled to Tuesday we will have football every day except for Wednesday and Friday. Of course, Jets - Broncos isn't really a football game but still. Silver linings and well wishes. 

• Haha 1

I think the fantasy platforms will be able to count a Tuesday game in this week. If they can't they need new coders.

1 minute ago, collucho said:

I think the fantasy platforms will be able to count a Tuesday game in this week. If they can't they need new coders.

As comish I'd manually make changes to scores if need be..

• Like 1

As a Conner and Henry owner this sucks. Time for plans B and C. Looking for any live body playing in the Sunday or Monday night games to buy as much time as possible.

G. Ward, R. Tonyan, J. Wilson, etc.