oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

29 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

If a game is postponed due to Covid, all skill players from those teams should be made IR so that managers can try to replace them without dropping them in order to field a full squad. Not sure if that's what will happen but I think it's what should.

It will for certain on CBS platform.

19 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Damn good idea. I think I would love this more if it was a "one off" type of situation. This situation could turn out to be very common so I would just have owners treat these situations as if a player was a game time decision. I would expand roster sizes and just let owners figure out what they want to do for any given week.  

Also, I think with enhanced testing capabilities and quicker turnarounds in the NFL, we should know by Fri/Sat.

Only problem with expanded roster sizes is that it will clean FA/waivers out and leave absolutely nothing. Loathe to do that. I've added one IR spot (and don't know if an ESPN/Yahoo/whatever would designate someone out due to Covid as IR).

• Like 1

They do stat corrections all the time. It shouldn't be anything for them to correct points, as long as they're able to play Tuesday. If the delay goes beyond that, i have no good suggestions

5 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Nice - thank you.

35 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I feel like there have been Tuesday games historically, but cannot think of an example off the top of my head. It's also really important whether these are actually these players bye weeks or not.

Eagles Vikings game several years back was pushed to Tuesday after the Minnesota Dome collapsed from the weight of a recent snow storm. Fing Joe Webb upset the Eagles in that game.

Edited by blazehound
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I emailed Yahoo.  Waiting for reply.  I'd hope they would post something to everyone's league website but maybe they will reply to me.  Last time I wrote them, it took 2 days to get a response so I'm not that hopeful.

ALSO - They moved Derrick Henry's opponent to "Bye" so they're clearly on top of it.  I don't think it should be a bye though.

obv you've seen the tweet now, but yeah, they're usually pretty good at using the League Notes thing when there's a schedule quirk, so I'd imagine we'll see that  over the next few days. Agreed, it shouldn't end up as a BYE unless they actually move the game to another week entirely

59 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

If a game is postponed due to Covid, all skill players from those teams should be made IR so that managers can try to replace them without dropping them in order to field a full squad. Not sure if that's what will happen but I think it's what should.

I don't know, there's been times before that games are postponed and it is indeed just like a bye.  Yes, it's an unexpected bye.  There are some managers that carefully construct their rosters based on bye weeks, etc.  So I can see how this would throw them for a loop.  

I'm losing Conner this week which sucks.  Basically it's an injury when I really needed him this week.  But it'll give me an advantage during his former bye week so I guess it evens out.

What stinks is that I'm not up against Derek Henry in any of my leagues this week....

9 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Eagles Vikings game several years back was pushed to Tuesday after the Minnesota Dome collapsed from the weight of a recent snow storm. Fing Joe Webb upset the Eagles in that game.

uggh that was brutal.   Cost them a first rd bye and ruined all momentum Vick had going that year. 

Couldnt get right after that game

It'll either be Mon/Tuesday and count towards week 4 or they'll end up with week 4 byes. Pretty simple

Edited by vthokie3

10 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

It'll either be Mon/Tuesday and count towards week 4 or they'll end up with week 4 byes. Pretty simple

There's a big difference though between counting towards week 4 and ending up with a bye. As a Henry/Juju/Jonnu owner, that's a big roll of the dice to just hope they count towards my weekly total instead of potentially ending up with 0's across the board. So it's not pretty simple in terms of how to approach setting lineups this week until there's some sort of definitive answer given...which we probably just have to wait a bit longer to find out. If not, then there's zero chance I keep players from these teams in my lineup once the Sunday games kick off.

• Thanks 1

If it's on Tuesday, I think most platforms would be able to support.

ESPN on the other hand, I expect them to go full DERP if that happens.

• Haha 1

So if Steelers/Titans game gets pushed to Tuesday, how does that work in leagues? Does that count for following week? Or will ESPN and Yahoo adjust their system to include a game played on Tuesday?  Not sure this is the right thread for this but it raises a good point if the league is thinking about operating this way. 

22 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

What ? Are you sure or you just want them to count toward week 4 ? 
this does not say that...

Monday or Tuesday, we anticipate counting the game for Week 4 matchups in season-long leagues, but we will make a final decision after any schedule change is announced.

1 minute ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

So if Steelers/Titans game gets pushed to Tuesday, how does that work in leagues? Does that count for following week? Or will ESPN and Yahoo adjust their system to include a game played on Tuesday?  Not sure this is the right thread for this but it raises a good point if the league is thinking about operating this way. 

bruh. really? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

if they do not play and week 4 becomes there byes but than who do the steelers and titans play on there actual bye weeks? Because both have different bye weeks originally Steelers bye WK8 and Titans bye wk7 ...  its gonna be very confusing

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

What ? Are you sure or you just want them to count toward week 4 ? 
this does not say that...

Monday or Tuesday, we anticipate counting the game for Week 4 matchups in season-long leagues, but we will make a final decision after any schedule change is announced.

It happened before with vikes/eagles. Also if they play tuesday when would they count those stats other than week 4? 

35 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

It's the opposite of simple. I have 3-4 players in these games across 3 leagues including Henry. So if the game is up in the air Sunday morning that means replacing 4 guys out of the blue or risking 4 guys sitting out....including my RB1.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

At least Dionte Johnson’s output won’t be much different either way.

• Haha 1

From my NFL.com league ... What IF comes Monday the game is cancelled the players you think will be playing won’t actually.

• The PIT/TEN game has been postponed. We anticipate it will be rescheduled for Monday 10/5 or Tuesday 10/6. Players who play in this game will still accrue fantasy points for Week 4. More details will be available after the new game time is announced.