oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's the opposite of simple. I have 3-4 players in these games across 3 leagues including Henry. So if the game is up in the air Sunday morning that means replacing 4 guys out of the blue or risking 4 guys sitting out....including my RB1.

I'm not talking about people's lineup decisions. I'm talking about the people freaking out wondering if a tuesday game would count for week 4. Obviously it would as they wouldnt double up week 5. Trust me I'm with you, I have a ton of Conner so I want the game played as well

• Like 1

Either play the freakin season or don't play but stop this ridiculous crap. The testing can't even be trusted. If they're not sick play...if they feel sick then have those players sit out 

Edited by Mattmac0912
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Espn has both tenn and pit on byes....why not just mark them as out

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

I'm playing against henry and juju. I have fuller. This stuff is absolute nonsense makes the season look like a farce 

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

It'll either be Mon/Tuesday and count towards week 4 or they'll end up with week 4 byes. Pretty simple

How is that pretty simple? If they get a bye on week 4, who do they play on their regular bye weeks which are weeks 7 and 8 right now?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

How is that pretty simple? If they get a bye on week 4, who do they play on their regular bye weeks which are weeks 7 and 8 right now?

Other teams would be impacted.  They'd move multiple games.  This is why that's a last resort.  They might even add a week 18.  That's been mentioned as a possibility.

15 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Other teams would be impacted.  They'd move multiple games.  This is why that's a last resort.  They might even add a week 18.  That's been mentioned as a possibility.

It's been floated around they'd only have to move the Baltimore/Steelers game to accommodate the byes

Edited by vthokie3
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is only going to get worse. How are we not to expect these players catching COVID in this type of environment?

Season might just get canceled at some point.

• Haha 2

I have Henry and Conner... oof. 1-2 with two losses by a combined 12.  Thankfully I have James Robinson, but I have to shift Fournette to a 2nd rb slot...  oof

hopefully they make a decision and not wait until the last second to play or postpone. 

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Espn has both tenn and pit on byes....why not just mark them as out

ESPN is stupid. 

They don't even have the same BYE week. 

They couldn't even make that work without major rescheduling of multiple teams, and this would just be the first domino. Next time it happens you'd be finished, and it will. 

You can't cancel or reschedule games. You have to just push through. That's the only way to make this season work. 

They are not out and BYE weeks have never been eligible for the O / IR slot anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Well, this is only going to get worse. How are we not to expect these players catching COVID in this type of environment?

b2922039f6c40f82668bfaa73d9ba3ba.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Players were frequently catching COVID-19 before NFL even started their off-season programs. 

It's not exclusively an NFL thing. 

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

ESPN is stupid. 

They don't even have the same BYE week. 

They couldn't even make that work without major rescheduling of multiple teams, and this would just be the first domino. Next time it happens you'd be finished, and it will. 

You can't cancel or reschedule games. You have to just push through. That's the only way to make this season work. 

They are not out and BYE weeks have never been eligible for the O / IR slot anyways. 

I know that, I'm just saying given the circumstances this season, the games being postponed or rescheduled should give those players the Out designation imo

And with so many leagues this year, everyone is going full 5 or even 10 slots of IR but if they get a bye, what's the point 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Either play the freakin season or don't play but stop this ridiculous crap. The testing can't even be trusted. If they're not sick play...if they feel sick then have those players sit out 

I have no idea what this means.  Are you suggesting that players that test positive, but are asymptomatic should just play through it? That has to be the dumbest take this forum has ever seen. 

That asymptomatic player can infect 5-10-20 players on his own team and opposing team.

Just because you have a few false positives doesn't mean the testing can't be trusted. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

There have been hundreds, if not thousands of negative tests. There have been 40ish games played without an issue. 
Now everyone is freaking out because ONE game may get played a day late or getting pushed off a few weeks????

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, if the teams can field full rosters they will absolutely play Mon/Tues.

Sucks for the Titans if they lose anyone important, but that has been the policy all along. Next man up. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

From my NFL.com league ... What IF comes Monday the game is cancelled the players you think will be playing won’t actually.

• The PIT/TEN game has been postponed. We anticipate it will be rescheduled for Monday 10/5 or Tuesday 10/6. Players who play in this game will still accrue fantasy points for Week 4. More details will be available after the new game time is announced.

This seems like the biggest risk for playing someone in this game. I hope the NFL makes a definitive statement on this as soon as possible. 

8 minutes ago, swetooth9 said:

NFL bubble is the only solution lol. 

NFL is a sport where a "bubble" isn't feasible.  End of the NBA/NHL seasons worked perfectly, as it only lasted a few months.  NFL season is a long grind and isn't an option.  3 weeks without a positive is pretty incredible.  

Yahoo has Pittsburgh/Titans players as PPD.

17 minutes ago, mjb said:

NFL is a sport where a "bubble" isn't feasible.  End of the NBA/NHL seasons worked perfectly, as it only lasted a few months.  NFL season is a long grind and isn't an option.  3 weeks without a positive is pretty incredible.  

Yahoo has Pittsburgh/Titans players as PPD.

It's technically postponed until they officially decide to play Monday/Tuesday. 

Been saying this for years and years. Even though the NFL don’t want to admit it, Fantasy Football is one of the main reason why Football is the king of sports. So for them to make decisions that somehow pissed off one of their main fanbase would be idiotic. 

Save your breath if you going to tell me that the NFL don’t give a sh!t about our fake leagues. I’m done having a conversation about why Fantasy Football and sport betting are the ONLY reasons why millions will tune in to watch 0-3 teams playing each other on Thursday Night.

Wait and see guys. Don’t panic. But definitely have a backup plan. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Been saying this for years and years. Even though the NFL don’t want to admit it, Fantasy Football is one of the main reason why Football is the king of sports. So for them to make decisions that somehow pissed off one of their main fanbase would be idiotic. 

Save your breath if you going to tell me that the NFL don’t give a sh!t about our fake leagues. I’m done having a conversation about why Fantasy Football and sport betting are the ONLY reasons why millions will tune in to watch 0-3 teams playing each other on Thursday Night.

Wait and see guys. Don’t panic. But definitely have a backup plan. 

fantasy is the only reason I still remotely care about the nfl. The games are unwatchable. The league has deteriorated so badly as a product over the last five or so years it's incredible 

Edited by Mattmac0912
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1