oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

First real dilemma. The league rules state that “If any player misses a game due to Covid then the team owner has the option of having the league manager place that player on IR” 

So I have Henry. When the initial news came that the game was postponed due to Covid, I then requested Henry to go on IR. Because- he is not playing this week due to Covid. But was rejected because he himself did not have Covid....even though he is missing this week due to Covid. 

Now, the more recent news about playing on Monday night makes this all mute. This could have been a big deal. All of my roster decisions did not involve dealing with a sudden bye week for a set and forget start player

Edited by Tenner

The only thing you have to worry about is if your player actually has COVID. Outside of that they will clean the venue, test everyone, and have the two teams out there Monday night. If you do have someone ruled out due to COVID, that's why the IR spot should be in place.

The only way I could see the NFL moving the game outside of this week is if one of the teams had so many positives that they can't field a full roster. Even then they'd probably recommend you sign some guys off the street.

Edited by LongBalls

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

As mentioned, if the teams can field full rosters they will absolutely play Mon/Tues.

Sucks for the Titans if they lose anyone important, but that has been the policy all along. Next man up. 

They have larger practice squad recall ability for this sort of scenario.

22 minutes ago, Tenner said:

First real dilemma. The league rules state that “If any player misses a game due to Covid then the team owner has the option of having the league manager place that player on IR” 

So I have Henry. When the initial news came that the game was postponed due to Covid, I then requested Henry to go on IR. Because- he is not playing this week due to Covid. But was rejected because he himself did not have Covid....even though he is missing this week due to Covid. 

Now, the more recent news about playing on Monday night makes this all mute. This could have been a big deal. All of my roster decisions did not involve dealing with a sudden bye week for a set and forget start player

My interpretation of that sentence is that the player absolutely should be allowed to go on IR.  He is missing a game due to Covid.  It doesn't say that the player himself has to have Covid.

And if you're not going to allow a player to go on IR when his game is canceled, what the hell good is the rule?  The big issue with Covid is that entire games could be canceled.  If not for that, then it's just another injury or illness or personal reason.

In my league, we were already informed by the commish that any players playing in either of the games could be moved to the IR slot as soon as it was officially canceled by the NFL.  In your situation, I think your request was premature.  Other than that, you have a legitimate gripe and I'd cause a huge stink about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since this ten pitt game is the poster child of what we feared for fantasy; im taking no chances and already found replacements.  I feel if they postpone passed monday, something screwy is gonna go down for that week if you leave them in fantasy lineups

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

I've got Gostkowski but my roster is locked up now due to ineligible players on IR. I made the move actually to avoid my former kicker's upcoming bye week, lol. Now I am screwed because I will not only have to drop a kicker I planned to use for a few weeks I may have to drop a few players. It looks if they don't play on Monday or Tuesday things would get pushed to another week.

This could also happen:

Just now, FrancoJavierM said:

Yahoo has some of these players NA, so I doubt we'd even be able to IR them. This is terrible. If your roster is full you have to drop the player if you need to pick up a replacement. Yikes!

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yahoo has some of these players NA, so I doubt we'd even be able to IR them. This is terrible. If your roster is full you have to drop the player if you need to pick up a replacement. Yikes!

ESPN has JuJu's status as "postponed" with his projected points still showing. I'm hoping a COVID-IR tag will be placed on him soon so I can move him there. I'm just hoping DJ Chark logs in two full practices these next days to sub him in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrancoJavierM said:

ESPN has JuJu's status as "postponed" with his projected points still showing. I'm hoping a COVID-IR tag will be placed on him soon so I can move him there. I'm just hoping DJ Chark logs in two full practices these next days to sub him in. 

Do you think all guys on Steelers and Titans will get a COVID19 tag? 

Just now, stevieglick said:

I dont think so. I think this will be treated as their bye week for these teams by the NFL

[ Gentle nudge to please keep this thread focused on updates that are of general use to everyone and not how this affects your team personally.  Please use the Vent & Rant thread for the latter. ]

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

I dont think so. I think this will be treated as their bye week for these teams by the NFL

That's what I would assume as well. 

• Like 1

Better hope another team doesn't have an outbreak that is supposed to play the Steelers and Titans later on in the season. The amount of cascading effects could completely derail the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevieglick said:

Probably not. Maybe the NFL views it as their bye week

I can't wait to scoop up some good players on waivers and PIT D

how can they treat it as a BYE week when they have different BYE weeks in the season. what happens during those weeks?

• Like 1

Just play 8 minute quarter double headers with a running clock. Sure the NFLPA would be fine with that!

Just now, TheDoctor said:

Just play 8 minute quarter double headers with a running clock. Sure the NFLPA would be fine with that!

no kickoffs. ball on the opponents 35yd line. 2nd and 5 with 15 left on the play clock.

1 minute ago, yanki01 said:

how can they treat it as a BYE week when they have different BYE weeks in the season. what happens during those weeks?

They can rearrange the schedule. Apparently titans have week 7 bye while ravens Steelers are supposed to play week 7 then have a week 8 bye. So:

Steelers/titans week 7

Steelers/Ravens week 8

Ravens now have week 7 bye

• Like 1