oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

4 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

how can they treat it as a BYE week when they have different BYE weeks in the season. what happens during those weeks?

• Like 1

I don't understand how Tuesday could possibly seen as a solution. 

It simply has to be a bye week and schedule reshuffle. It's the only way it makes sense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It simply has to be a bye week and schedule reshuffle. It's the only way it makes sense. 

I think they were only considering tuesday if there weren't any more positive tests Thrusday-Sunday/Monday. With 2 more positive tests today they decided to nix this week 

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It makes sense right up until the the schedule reshuffle begins to affect teams that have already had their scheduled reshuffled. 

• Like 3

Just now, crotchcrickets said:

in case anyone was wondering, but it doesnt look like they will even play this week

It's already confirmed they aren't playing this week. It is going to be an ugly waiting period now for the injury designations, which will likely only come tomorrow at the earliest, so people can make roster moves. The players affected in the Steelers-Titans game will just get a bye so they won't get any COVID-IR tag for this week.

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It's already confirmed they aren't playing this week. It is going to be an ugly waiting period now for the injury designations, which will likely only come tomorrow at the earliest, so people can make roster moves. The players affected in the Steelers-Titans game will just get a bye so they won't get any COVID-IR tag for this week.

This is so dumb...they should at least give these players a Covid IR tag to let people move them into their IR slots. We purposely added extra IR slots in our ESPN league to try and prepare for something like this, but they're not even eligible to move. So now along with the rest of my injured squad, I barely even have enough players to field a starting lineup this week.

• Like 2

Switch steelers titans game to week 7, when it's Titans bye, then move the Steelers week 7 game vs Ravens to week 8 when Steelers/Ravens bye is.

Steelers vs Titans week 7

Titans Steelers bye week - Week 4

Steelers vs Ravens - Week 8

They must be expecting a lot more positives coming out of the Titans through the weekend. Just get your commish to throw the guys in IR; should be a rule in place anyway since you can't count on Yahoo/ESPN/etc. to get anything right.

They're not going to IR designate players that aren't on IR.  Stop thinking everything is about you and what benefits you most.  It is what it is, just deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

They're not going to IR designate players that aren't on IR.  Stop thinking everything is about you and what benefits you most.  It is what it is, just deal with it.

They're talking about Yahoo/ESPN/NFLFantasy sites allowing you to put "Out" players on IR. Not telling NFL teams to IR the players

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

An IR spot for Covid postponements is for weaklings. Draft a good bench and deal with it. Every year has adversity in fantasy.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Not even what they’re saying but okay lol 

Why isn’t goedert on IR on yahoo anymore. I want to adjust for the missed games but need to do something with him first 

1 minute ago, 2014olympicgold said:

They're talking about Yahoo/ESPN/NFLFantasy sites allowing you to put "Out" players on IR. Not telling NFL teams to IR the players

If they are just moving around bye weeks there is no reason to designate them Out or COVID-IR. It is definitely inconvenient but it would just make the bye week earlier. Since everyone has to deal with a bye week in fantasy, allowing any injury designation would give an unfair advantage to some teams.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2014olympicgold said:

But then any player that's out could be put on IR. It would likely require a different tag and coding.

We all knew this season had a potential to go off the rails but we still signed up. Just gotta roll with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

They must be expecting a lot more positives coming out of the Titans through the weekend. Just get your commish to throw the guys in IR; should be a rule in place anyway since you can't count on Yahoo/ESPN/etc. to get anything right.

Commish can't put players into IR that aren't designated correctly at least for Yahoo! or ESPN.

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

But then any player that's out could be put on IR. It would likely require a different tag and coding.

We all knew this season had a potential to go off the rails but we still signed up. Just gotta roll with it.

Our league allows "OUT" players to be put on the IR slot and it's a Yahoo league.

I've had Kittle on the IR on Sundays, picked up a random person, then had to drop the random on Tuesday when Kittle is no longer listed as out before I could add anyone off Waivers.

7 minutes ago, 2014olympicgold said:

Switch steelers titans game to week 7, when it's Titans bye, then move the Steelers week 7 game vs Ravens to week 8 when Steelers/Ravens bye is.

Steelers vs Titans week 7

Titans Steelers bye week - Week 4

Steelers vs Ravens - Week 8

Seems like the easiest solution. If this happens then players are getting their bye early and should not be eligible to be put on IR when you reall my think about it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

This is so dumb...they should at least give these players a Covid IR tag to let people move them into their IR slots. We purposely added extra IR slots in our ESPN league to try and prepare for something like this, but they're not even eligible to move. So now along with the rest of my injured squad, I barely even have enough players to field a starting lineup this week.

Why? Its just a bye week change. Same thing happened to TB-MIA a few years ago.

As an AJ Brown/Diontae owner this is actually great news lol

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheForearmShiver said:

Seems like the easiest solution. If this happens then players are getting their bye early and should not be eligible to be put on IR when you reall my think about it. 

Either do this, or have a week 18 allotted to any possible cancelled games due to COVID19 and have the playoffs start week 19.