oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

This is pretty annoying. Steelers getting punished with a week 4 bye. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

They are going to have to add a week 18 for make up games.

Then 19, then 20, then 21, etc.

This is a solution where you are moving too many pieces.  This won't be the last time this happens.

If this is the solution every time, this is going to create a lot of issues.

We were playing checkers, by the end of this it's going to be 3D chess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

When do the Ravens get a BYE week then?

................................... week 7

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Week 7, because their game with the Steelers would be moved to their original bye week.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

It makes sense right up until the the schedule reshuffle begins to affect teams that have already had their scheduled reshuffled. 

Thank you, Doctor.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

looks like it would be shifted to week 7 instead of week 8

lol looks like this was already answered several times, i'm laggin

Edited by johnwallin
  • Like 1

This is not the end of the world guys. Just wait until a game is postponed AFTER a team already had their bye week. Then you lose that player TWICE during the year.

• Like 1

Hey guys, face the facts:  This is an asterisk fantasy season. The championship will be tainted.

• Haha 1

Still nervous that a Vikings’ player will test positive - so far, nothing but there is an incubation period and takes some time to detect.  Today/tomorrow should be key days for the Vikings.  Hoping for the best.

27 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Commish can't put players into IR that aren't designated correctly at least for Yahoo! or ESPN.

Oh that does suck. I will say, if this actually becomes a bye week nobody should be able to put players in IR anyways. 

• Like 1

Yahoo don’t give IR spot to players of those teams... impossible to make a team!

• Thanks 1

I know there was talk about playing games on Tuesday and was wondering how that would work with cbs sports scoring.  Its been pushed I heard but this is something that might happen all year.  Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Hey guys, face the facts:  This is an asterisk fantasy season. The championship will be tainted.

More random than ever. But we knew the potential for that going in.

6 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I know there was talk about playing games on Tuesday and was wondering how that would work with cbs sports scoring.  Its been pushed I heard but this is something that might happen all year.  Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Well you found the right thread. You just haven't read it yet.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Commish can't put players into IR that aren't designated correctly at least for Yahoo! or ESPN.

It'd be a pain but couldn't a commish add extra bench spots with the stipulation they could only be used for COVID situations?

He'd certainly have to to more work to check and make sure they weren't being used for other players.  But I imagine it would also be policed heavily by the other managers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Well you found the right thread. You just haven't read it yet.

I've read it.  I see most people talking about yahoo and espn leagues.  Very little discussion on cbs.  Was only curious if someone reached out to their support team to see how they would handle this.  I'm being asked by other teams in the league.  I have written to support but haven't heard anything back.

3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I've read it.  I see most people talking about yahoo and espn leagues.  Very little discussion on cbs.  Was only curious if someone reached out to their support team to see how they would handle this.  I'm being asked by other teams in the league.  I have written to support but haven't heard anything back.

I see, I misunderstood your point. My bad!

So what's the point of having IR slots if you can't put covid related situations in IR slots

• Thanks 1

I will say if this eventually creates a week 18 scenario all commissioners should schedule all playoffs championships a week later. If this becomes a problem only solution is to give all teams a extra bye week extending schedule another week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

I will say if this eventually creates a week 18 scenario all commissioners should schedule all playoffs championships a week later. If this becomes a problem only solution is to give all teams a extra bye week extending schedule another week.

And what if there are only 2 games in week 18?

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

So what's the point of having IR slots if you can't put covid related situations in IR slots

Cause having Covid doesn't mean a player is on IR. Fantasy platforms should have implemented new procedures, but IR is for a specific purpose.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

Nope. Why do that when there may be only 2 or 3 additional games? That’s creating unnecessary confusion 

• Like 1

If 1 team gets a 2nd bye all teams would get 2nd bye. They are not going to push entire playoff schedule back a week for 1 or 2 games