oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

The league really should've scheduled two bye weeks for every team. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

They should be doing that regardless of COVID

• Like 5

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

They can still add a Week 18, though, which will basically accomplish the same thing.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

They should be doing that regardless of COVID

They did years ago and it was a complete failure

11 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

They can still add a Week 18, though, which will basically accomplish the same thing.

They could've done both

Edited by yanksman

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They did years ago and it was a complete failure

They could've done both

The league could had done a lot of things, but they spent a good 4 months just twiddling their thumbs and when they realized covid wasn't going away they hit the oh ****, hit the panic button and put something together that looked like this.

r/OSHA - Like one of those photos OSHA shows you to demonstrate all the wrong things about working at heights

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

It's not quite the same thing from an NFL perspective as the playoff teams that don't need to play the 18th week would get an extra week of rest would get a bye essentially right before playoffs, which would be huge for them to get healthy compared to the playoff teams that do have to play in the 18th week. . .  having said that, at this time, if a game needs to be rescheduled and it can't occur during normal bye weeks, the 18th week is clearly the best option for the league

Posted (edited)

12man league full PPR, $5 per waiver move. As commish and co commish in another league, this is what we have decided to do.

Added 2 temporary roster spots to accommodate postponement of Ten/Pit game. All players picked off WW for those extra bench spots must be played in the spots of the Ten/Pit players only. After week 4 is complete, players picked off WW as replacements for Ten/Pit game must be dropped back into the waiver wire on Tues and the 2 extra roster spots will be removed. This system will be implemented throughout the season with the possibility of extra temporary roster spots applied, depending on how different scenarios of multiple player/team stacks. There will be no $5 waiver fee for temporary waiver pickups.

With that being said, I did take into consideration that week 4 will be considered as a early bye week for Ten/Pit, but thought it’s only fair because Ten/Pit players will have to play 13 straight games with no rest and that’s a major disadvantage to all players and defenses due to the high possibility of injury and missed games. To me Ten/Pit players and defenses are at a huge disadvantage ROS because of the very early bye week.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Tomei7

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Not necessarily "no different" than a normal bye week. I'm in a 2 QB league, and my 2 QBs are Ben and Tannehill. In no world EVER would I have them both as my QBs if I knew they had the same bye. On top of that, I have Diontae and Jonnu. Again, I wouldn't stack this many players on the same bye week, and if I did, I would make sure to have contingencies in plan before that week came up.

I do agree with Yanks statement in that I'm really not THAT upset by this. Go ahead and take the L this week, but then be set for byes for the rest of the year, and don't have to worry about trying to find or hold a 3rd QB.

It's really not the worst thing in the world. Just gotta take your lumps this week.

yea 2 QB leagues is where things really start getting tricky, seems like those are way harder to navigate this late news than others.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Feel bad for Conner, Henry owners losing a rb1 and rb2 at the same time brutal. If my team had this problem id be forced to start Hines and Gio

Edited by bengalfan27

The NFL has strengthened its COVID-19 protocols following this week's Titans outbreak. 

The league has adopted a number of enhanced measures, including daily "point of care testing." All meetings must now be virtual, while PPE/face masks must be "worn on field by players and staff at all times." All players except quarterbacks must also wear gloves, and there can be "no team or player gatherings away from facility."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bengalfan27 said:

Feel bad for Conner, Henry owners losing a rb1 and rb2 at the same time brutal. If my team had this problem id be forced to start Hines and Gio

This is my boat.  No whining or complaining.  10 team standard.  Went rb,rb,rb.  Lost Henry and Conner this week.  Plugging in Jacobs and James Robinson.  Obviously, a little weak at flex and wr.....but as someone said earlier.....draft well.  We were all well aware of Covid before we ever joined a fantasy league and knew it would be a factor at some point.  People being stunned or shocked at having to deal with this and scramble a bit is laughable. It becomes a bye week.  There is a ripple effect as multiple schedule changes will be made to accomodate the bye week changes, not only for Tenn and Pitt but bye week shifts to teams that need to move in order to reschedule Tenn/Pitt. That will throw off anticipated bye week schedules and possibly put players on same bye weeks that were not anticipated, leaving managers with no option and having to hit the waiver wire.  I'm in that boat as well.  Cook is my TE and likely won't play this week.  Ebron is my backup.  Postponment announced today.  Have to scramble for a replacement.  This is the state of affairs we have to deal with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

12man league full PPR, $5 per waiver move. As commish and co commish in another league, this is what we have decided to do.

Added 2 temporary roster spots to accommodate postponement of Ten/Pit game. All players picked off WW for those extra bench spots must be played in the spots of the Ten/Pit players only. After week 4 is complete, players picked off WW as replacements for Ten/Pit game must be dropped back into the waiver wire on Tues and the 2 extra roster spots will be removed. This system will be implemented throughout the season with the possibility of extra temporary roster spots applied, depending on how different scenarios of multiple player/team stacks. There will be no $5 waiver fee for temporary waiver pickups.

With that being said, I did take into consideration that week 4 will be considered as a early bye week for Ten/Pit, but thought it’s only fair because Ten/Pit players will have to play 13 straight games with no rest and that’s a major disadvantage to all players and defenses due to the high possibility of injury and missed games. To me Ten/Pit players and defenses are at a huge disadvantage ROS because of the very early bye week.

Hope this helps.

Can you remove spots after adding them?  In Yahoo we wanted to change the IR situation after the league drafted by reducing the number of slots and were unable to.  I feel like the same might apply to adding roster spots, that you can't then go and remove them.  This is assuming you're using Yahoo of course.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Can you remove spots after adding them?  In Yahoo we wanted to change the IR situation after the league drafted by reducing the number of slots and were unable to.  I feel like the same might apply to adding roster spots, that you can't then go and remove them.  This is assuming you're using Yahoo of course.

Don’t know how that’s possible, u can easily go to Commish Tools and edit ur league roster and scoring. U can add more spots or remove spots. Very simple. And yes this is thru Yahoo.

Edited by Tomei7

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t know how that’s possible, u can easily go to Commish Tools and edit ur league roster and scoring. U can add more spots or remove spots. Very simple. And yes this is thru Yahoo.

Huh.  It literally gives you an error when you try to remove IR spots.

Edit: If you mean this works fine for adding and removing roster spots my fault, I haven't tried that and don't want to experiment with it, haha.

Edited by CharlesCC2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

This feels like you’re opening a can of worms. Sure, it might work for this week, but what if there’s multiple games PPD every week? Is the commish going to manually add roster spots to every team affected? If I told you I was planning on starting Corey Davis or Chase Claypool would you give me an extra roster spot? Is the GM going to review every add/drop to ensure they are in the spirit of this nebulous new rule?

This didn’t come out of the blue. Any temporary over-reactionary measures are just going to cause confusion in the long run. I would suggest if you make any temporary rules/measures permanent.

Everyone knew this was a possibility. Every commissioner should have added additional bench spots and IR slots. Every fantasy player should have prioritized depth at each position and avoided stacking from the same team.

Edited by smeeze
spellin’
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The NFL has strengthened its COVID-19 protocols following this week's Titans outbreak. 

The league has adopted a number of enhanced measures, including daily "point of care testing." All meetings must now be virtual, while PPE/face masks must be "worn on field by players and staff at all times." All players except quarterbacks must also wear gloves, and there can be "no team or player gatherings away from facility."

Glad to see the NFL is just now discovering a global pandemic that's decimating this country in particular is a serious thing that requires taking the advice of experts.

23 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Huh.  It literally gives you an error when you try to remove IR spots.

Edit: If you mean this works fine for adding and removing roster spots my fault, I haven't tried that and don't want to experiment with it, haha.

Huh? The only time there is usually an error on yahoo is when something is pending in a midst of a move or transaction or a player or players we’re already in those IR slots when trying to remove them. U probably can’t remove those IR spots cause someone is slotted in them.

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

Huh? The only time there is usually an error on yahoo is when something is pending in a midst of a move or transaction or a player or players we’re already in those IR slots when trying to remove them. U probably can’t remove those IR spots cause someone is slotted in them.

Yeah we did this right after the draft, nobody was using the IR slots.  Maybe if I tried it from a computer it would've worked out, but I tried it from mobile and it threw an error saying I could not reduce the number of roster slots.  Pretty sure those were the exact words.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This feels like you’re opening a can of worms. Sure, it might work for this week, but what if there’s multiple games PPD every week? Is the commish going to manually add roster spots to every team affected? If I told you I was planning on starting Corey Davis or Chase Claypool would you give me an extra roster spot? Is the GM going to review every add/drop to ensure they are in the spirit of this nebulous new rule?

This didn’t come out of the blue. Any temporary over-reactionary measures are just going to cause confusion in the long run. I would suggest if you make any temporary rules/measures permanent.

Everyone knew this was a possibility. Every commissioner should have added additional bench spots and IR slots. Every fantasy player should have prioritized depth at each position and avoided stacking from the same team.

If there happens to be multiple games in a week PPD all throughout the year there will be no NFL season, it will be a wrap. Not very confusing at all and pretty cut and dry. We’ve also added extra 2 extra IR spots before the season started but when a game gets postponed those players aren’t eligible for the IR spot. Did this in several leagues already and ur the 1st to question it out of everyone. Simple stuff.

Edited by Tomei7

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah we did this right after the draft, nobody was using the IR slots.  Maybe if I tried it from a computer it would've worked out, but I tried it from mobile and it threw an error saying I could not reduce the number of roster slots.  Pretty sure those were the exact words.

BENCH (BN)
        0         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9         10         11         12         13         14         15         16         17         18         19         20             
INJURED RESERVE (IR)
        0         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9         10             
spp.pl?a=10001263679725&.yp=405445&js=no

You can add or minus bench and IR spots any time.
Edited by Tomei7
That didn’t work out well on copy and paste
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:
BENCH (BN)
        0         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9         10         11         12         13         14         15         16         17         18         19         20             
INJURED RESERVE (IR)
        0         1         2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9         10             
spp.pl?a=10001263679725&.yp=405445&js=no

You can add or minus bench and IR spots any time.

I mean I tried it, it failed, regardless of whether its supposed to work.  Lol.  Glad to know you're supposed to be able to change it though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

If there happens to be multiple games in a week PPD all throughout the year there will be no NFL season, it will be a wrap. Not very confusing at all and pretty cut and dry.

Not sure how you can say this with any confidence let alone pass it off as fact. The NFL has 16 Billion reasons to keep the machine running. Don’t be naive.

23 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Did this in several leagues already and ur the 1st to question it out of everyone. Simple stuff.

That doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Good luck.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I mean I tried it, it failed, regardless of whether its supposed to work.  Lol.  Glad to know you're supposed to be able to change it though.

This is for Y! owners only so ignore if you don't do Y!:

You missed the first part of what he said though - if other owners are using those spots that needs to be remedied before you can contract them.

I know you said "nobody" was doing that because this was right after the draft - if that's the case someone had a pending transaction. Every league has owners that make 400 waiver claims immediately after the draft - I suspect that was the issue in your case. Having commished in Y! many years now I know you'd need to do a cat-herding job to clear all transactions and make sure no one is slotted in one of those spots before you can do any contracting of roster spots - this is not something I'd even attempt.

Adding them, of course, is not a problem. I added 2 IR slots to my leagues (resulting in 3 slots in a dynasty league) due to COVID before the season started and have notified my leagues spots will be added if necessary. That's easy.

Since Steelers/Titans is being treated as a bye the extra IR slots are of no use in this situation so I'm standing pat for now (just FYI).

I also commish baseball and have a lot of those owners in my football leagues. Like I told them before the season - "buckle up" - because anyone who remembers the madness we dealt with in baseball anticipated some weird shyte going on in football as well.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Not sure how you can say this with any confidence let alone pass it off as fact. The NFL has 16 Billion reasons to keep the machine running. Don’t be naive.

That doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Good luck.

Far from naive, doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand what I stated. Everyone knows NFL will be canceled if they can’t control the safety of the players, the players and the players union will not allow it. With that being said, if there happens to be multiple games postponed throughout the season because of the spread of Covid “The season will be on hold” stop being so naive. 16billion or not it will be paused.