oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

This is for Y! owners only so ignore if you don't do Y!:

You missed the first part of what he said though - if other owners are using those spots that needs to be remedied before you can contract them.

I know you said "nobody" was doing that because this was right after the draft - if that's the case someone had a pending transaction. Every league has owners that immediately make 400 waiver claims immediately after the draft - I suspect that was the issue in your case. Having commished in Y! many years now I know you'd need to do a cat-herding job to clear all transactions and make sure no one is slotted in one of those spots before you can do any contracting of roster spots - this is not something I'd even attempt.

Adding them, of course, is not a problem. I added 2 IR slots to my leagues (resulting in 3 slots in a dynasty league) due to COVID before the season started and have notified my leagues spots will be added if necessary. That's easy.

Since Steelers/Titans is being treated as a bye the extra IR slots are of no use in this situation so I'm standing pat for now (just FYI).

I also commish baseball and have a lot of those owners in my football leagues. Like I told them before the season - "buckle up" - because anyone who remembers the madness we dealt with in baseball anticipated some weird shyte going on in football as well.

This might explain everything, because I absolutely believe @Tomei7.  Just was seriously wondering why the heck it wouldn't work for me because I remember very well the error it threw.  Thanks to you both.

• Like 2

Has there been any proposals of what to do in the case of a last minute/later game cancellation?  At least with this Steelers/Titans it happened prior to Thursday night and teams haven't had their byes. For a late game cancellation though, what are we talking about?  A LM adjustment to total points and giving them the player's average? Or possibly projected points, even though those projections are largely a joke? Each one of those has problems, but I also can't see telling owners sucks to be you.

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

Has there been any proposals of what to do in the case of a last minute/later game cancellation?  At least with this Steelers/Titans it happened prior to Thursday night and teams haven't had their byes. For a late game cancellation though, what are we talking about?  A LM adjustment to total points and giving them the player's average? Or possibly projected points, even though those projections are largely a joke? Each one of those has problems, but I also can't see telling owners sucks to be you.

Our league adopted the "everyone is under the same risk stance".

If the season gets canceled or postponed before week 10 we are awarding prizes solely on points for.  If we make it past week 11 we are doing record with PF the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

This might explain everything, because I absolutely believe @Tomei7.  Just was seriously wondering why the heck it wouldn't work for me because I remember very well the error it threw.  Thanks to you both.

I'm on Yahoo and I can't remove IR slots 2 and 3 after the season started FYI.  No one is slotted in any of them either. It says this can't be done after the season starts.

I'm converting the 2 IR slots, DESIGNATED PURELY FOR COVID-19 IMPACTS, to bench slots because the settings won't let GMs move players themselves.

I can add 2 new bench slots zero issue.  I can NOT remove the 2 IR slots though.  I think this is something that can't be done.

Just thought I'd add that.

• Like 2

Season is in jeopardy if it only gets worse. Football isn’t like baseball where you can play doubleheaders every day like the Cardinals did. And technically, don’t the Vikings need to quarantine for ten days? If you are exposed to a known individual who has Covid, that’s the recommendation. Testing daily only shows that you aren’t ill on that day, but it can take ten days for symptoms to appear. So why are the Vikings allowed to continue to play this weekend?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only thing worse than being a Derrick Henry owner is also having Juju and Josh Allen...he's taking down the rest of my lineup with him. The scary thing is this is already having such a big impact on things just from one team getting infected. Imagine if only a couple more teams had this same issue...you can't work around that anymore at that point.

I'm still surprised the league didn't have some sort of extra league-wide bye week or something in place for this season to make up any postponed games that needed to be rescheduled. Seems like they didn't think of any solutions to a foreseeable problem.

Edited by GoPackGo23

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

The only thing worse than being a Derrick Henry owner is also having Juju and Josh Allen...he's taking down the resf of my lineup with him. The scary thing is this is already having such a big impact on things just from one team getting infected. Imagine if only a couple more teams had this same issue...you can't work around that anymore at that point. I'm still surprised the league didn't have some sort of extra league wide bye week or something in place for this season to make up any postponed games that needed to be rescheduled. Seems like they didn't think of any solutions to a foreseeable problem.

when you think about the incubation period and the time required for quarantine, I don’t see how the Titans are allowed to play next week either.

IF the titans can't indeed play next week, league probably would have to shut down for a week or two and try to get this under control. Titans can't play double headers to catch up like baseball.

21 minutes ago, CooL said:

Season is in jeopardy if it only gets worse. Football isn’t like baseball where you can play doubleheaders every day like the Cardinals did. And technically, don’t the Vikings need to quarantine for ten days? If you are exposed to a known individual who has Covid, that’s the recommendation. Testing daily only shows that you aren’t ill on that day, but it can take ten days for symptoms to appear. So why are the Vikings allowed to continue to play this weekend?

That's what I've been wondering all along. Watch a Vikings player get it this weekend and then pass it along to the Texans without knowing.

25 minutes ago, CooL said:

Because they don't share locker rooms or meeting rooms with the Titans. The chances of infection are very low for them outdoors and the fact that none have tested positive still is a pretty safe sign that they are all clear.

17 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:

when you think about the incubation period and the time required for quarantine, I don’t see how the Titans are allowed to play next week either.

The incubation period is 14 days but the far majority test positive in 10 days which is the official guidance. I think as long as no more positives through the weekend they should be good to go. 

26 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't think the season would be in jeopardy - there's nothing stopping them from extending the season.  Every option is on the table when you are dealing with the type of cash they bring in from cable networks/commercials and such.  

22 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:

Testing is your answer. Hell if everyone was tested today/tomorrow and the results were negative, I see no reason why they couldn't play Sunday. 

The quarantine period is for those who can't get or are waiting on test results. If you're exposed and test negative, there's no need for quarantine. 

Geez man Titans really about to mess this up for EVERYBODY! 

starting to look like a very, very slim chance we get outta this with  a full 16 for each team ... just has an air of doom swirling about it - enjoy while ya can 👍

7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Because they don't share locker rooms or meeting rooms with the Titans. The chances of infection are very low for them outdoors and the fact that none have tested positive still is a pretty safe sign that they are all clear.

Agree with some of this but not that the chances for infection are very low.  These lineman have their faces separated by maybe 4 or 5 inches play after play for a full game.

17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with some of this but not that the chances for infection are very low.  These lineman have their faces separated by maybe 4 or 5 inches play after play for a full game.

That and you have players that do this:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

starting to look like a very, very slim chance we get outta this with  a full 16 for each team ... just has an air of doom swirling about it - enjoy while ya can 👍

This is very possible

• Like 1

Titans should just have to forfeit every game they are not healthy enough to play. This should be a really easy decision for the NFL and keep the rest of the season going smoothly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I don't think the season would be in jeopardy - there's nothing stopping them from extending the season.  Every option is on the table when you are dealing with the type of cash they bring in from cable networks/commercials and such.  

Agree.  Look at the NBA.  They didn't cancel the season.  IMO they'll play football until April if they have to.