oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

47 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

starting to look like a very, very slim chance we get outta this with  a full 16 for each team ... just has an air of doom swirling about it - enjoy while ya can 👍

The only thing that would derail the season is if they can't get an outbreak under control.  Like....they quarantine the Titans for a few weeks and then they play, and another outbreak happens with them or their opponents.  Then they may say that football is just too dangerous.

If they can control these outbreaks, then the worst case is a longer season.  They'll keep pushing things out.  As someone else said, there's no reason they can't play the Superbowl in March or even April if they have to.  Add a week 18, 19, 20 if needed to handle cancelled games, and then move to the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just feels like this whole thing is gonna grind to a halt at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kp96 said:

The only thing that would derail the season is if they can't get an outbreak under control.  Like....they quarantine the Titans for a few weeks and then they play, and another outbreak happens with them or their opponents.  Then they may say that football is just too dangerous.

If they can control these outbreaks, then the worst case is a longer season.  They'll keep pushing things out.  As someone else said, there's no reason they can't play the Superbowl in March or even April if they have to.  Add a week 18, 19, 20 if needed to handle cancelled games, and then move to the playoffs.

perhaps, but ...

how far can they keep pushing before it starts impugning the physical readiness for next season? 

this ain't baseball/hoops ... these guys need a longer down time, without question - sooner or later the plug gotta be pulled to move forward.

4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Just feels like this whole thing is gonna grind to a halt at some point. 

agreed.

look, just trying to be a realist here ... as a betting man, i gotta look at the odds, and say they are slimmer as each hour passes.  

not saying i agree/disagree with their procedures/actions ... just reading the room. 

23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

perhaps, but ...

how far can they keep pushing before it starts impugning the physical readiness for next season? 

this ain't baseball/hoops ... these guys need a longer down time, without question - sooner or later the plug gotta be pulled to move forward.

agreed.

look, just trying to be a realist here ... as a betting man, i gotta look at the odds, and say they are slimmer as each hour passes.  

not saying i agree/disagree with their procedures/actions ... just reading the room. 

Why would they end things early for this season to get ready for next season? Theres no telling things wont be any different next year. Try and get THIS season in anyway you can. Worry about next season later.

48 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Titans should just have to forfeit every game they are not healthy enough to play. This should be a really easy decision for the NFL and keep the rest of the season going smoothly.

Seems fair. This could have been a media person that initially had the virus and unknowingly spread it to players, we don’t know. You can’t make a whole team suffer because of one individual. 

Just now, yanksman said:

Why would they end things early for this season to get ready for next season? Theres no telling things wont be any different next year. Try and get THIS season in anyway you can. Worry about next season later.

i never said "END 2020 SEASON NOW ZOMG!!!1!2!!1 WE GOTTA GET READY FOR 2021!!!1!111!1!!"

what i DID say was they can't keep pushing back to March or April (as the post i quoted suggested) and expect to be biz as usual for the '21 season ... that's absurd, and it ain't gonna happen. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i never said "END 2020 SEASON NOW ZOMG!!!1!2!!1 WE GOTTA GET READY FOR 2021!!!1!111!1!!"

what i DID say was they can't keep pushing back to March or April (as the post i quoted suggested) and expect to be biz as usual for the '21 season ... that's absurd, and it ain't gonna happen. 

Agreed. But finishing THIS season is the priority. Even if it ends in March or April they will do that and then delay next season.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, lvsaint429 said:

This seems like the best option. Hopefully this is the plan...

PIT/TEN - week 4 bye

PIT/TEN - play week 7 (TEN original bye) BAL bye moved to week 7

PIT/BAL play week 8 (both teams original byes, instead of week 7), TEN/CIN as scheduled

Only 3 teams affected on the schedule 

🤞

Looks like this really is the plan. Fingers crossed there are no more issues, but I give it about a 5% chance we get through the season without another breakout

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Agreed. But finishing THIS season is the priority. Even if it ends in March or April they will do that and then delay next season.

tbh, if we get another team sitch like the Titans ... i don't like the odds 🤷‍♂️

we'll see ... needless to say, i'm hoping for the best, but betting on the worst.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

tbh, if we get another team sitch like the Titans ... i don't like the odds 🤷‍♂️

we'll see ... needless to say, i'm hoping for the best, but betting on the worst.

Everybody said baseball was done for 2 weeks into the season after the Marlins and Cardinals outbreaks and they fixed things and everything went smoothly after. I know football is a different animal but they'll get through the season one way or another IMO. Whether that means extending the season or some teams not playing a full 16 games or rearranging the schedule, so be it.

• Like 3

In a 12man league with 1QB 2WR 2RB 1TE 1WRT 1DEF 1K and 6 bench spots, 2IR spots.  
Just curious what’s everyone’s thoughts on what bench size they prefer, was thinking about adding 1 or 2 bench spots with the possible ppd games ahead.

Y'all are a bunch of defeatists in here. Just drop your rosters and return your dues already

The overreaction is hilarious.

Did people not expect this to happen at all? Of course it was going to happen at least a few times that's the entire point of more IR slots in fantasy. The season will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

The overreaction is hilarious.

Did people not expect this to happen at all? Of course it was going to happen at least a few times that's the entire point of more IR slots in fantasy. The season will be fine. 

Unless the player personally has COVID, Yahoo isn't allowing PITT/TENN players to be put in an IR slot this week.

That said I agree that it was inevitable some games would get postponed pushed this year.

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Unless the player personally has COVID, Yahoo isn't allowing PITT/TENN players to be put in an IR slot this week.

That said I agree that it was inevitable some games would get postponed pushed this year.

That's pretty dumb. Sleeper has everyone from both teams tagged with "COV". Even the defenses can go in the slot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That's pretty dumb. Sleeper has everyone from both teams tagged with "COV". Even the defenses can go in the slot.

I think THATS dumb.

Opinions are like ... everybody has them

• Haha 1

Covid can't go away fast enough. The hype is beyond tiresome

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

In a 12man league with 1QB 2WR 2RB 1TE 1WRT 1DEF 1K and 6 bench spots, 2IR spots.  
Just curious what’s everyone’s thoughts on what bench size they prefer, was thinking about adding 1 or 2 bench spots with the possible ppd games ahead.

8 bench 

• Thanks 1

I seen on Roto yesterday that all players must wear face coverings and gloves during games, but QBs don’t have to wear gloves. Didn’t see that implemented in Jets/Broncos game yesterday. Man that’s gonna be tough for those on the dline and Oline don’t u think?

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Y'all are a bunch of defeatists in here. Just drop your rosters and return your dues already

League gets cancelled, my main league already agreed to just take the money and roll it to next year, and do buy-ins again. Double pot basically. 

48 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I seen on Roto yesterday that all players must wear face coverings and gloves during games, but QBs don’t have to wear gloves. Didn’t see that implemented in Jets/Broncos game yesterday. Man that’s gonna be tough for those on the dline and Oline don’t u think?

During games? I thought they meant in practice 

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

During games? I thought they meant in practice 

Yeah u are correct. Just read the memo. They only need to wear PPE on the practice field.

42 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

League gets cancelled, my main league already agreed to just take the money and roll it to next year, and do buy-ins again. Double pot basically. 

200.gif

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

Absolutely not true.  If you are tested today, it just means that you are not sick today.  It doesn't mean that you can't show up sick tomorrow, or the next day.  If you don't have access to testing, you quarantine for 10 days if you're not sick, then you are considered in the clear as that's usually when symptoms would appear.  You can bet your life savings that Pence is getting tested every day for the next 10 days.  If what you say is true, he would be in the clear because he had one negative test already.  

I think you're misinterpreting what the incubation period is. That's not the time it takes from exposure until you'd test positive, it's the time the virus is replicating within one's body, to the (potential) point of symptoms. 

You either have a virus or you don't, it's not subjective, it's binary, yes or no. The test does not care about the incubation period, a positive isn't triggered at a certain viral load, the virus is either in you or it's not. 

Now could I bump into someone, contract the virus, and test negative ten minutes later? Sure. But the 10-day incubation period has nothing to do with time from exposure to positive test. The incubation period is the recommendation of time to quarantine if you cannot get tested, because beyond ten days if you show no symptoms you theoretically either didn't have it and/or wouldn't be contagious.