Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?


Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Completely unrelated from the effects of the TEN/MIN game, with Newton out now because of Covid, a 2-week pause on the season is coming. Mark my words...

What would that accomplish? Stop for two weeks, then restart and the same stuff happens?

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tried to be optimistic from the start but this is turning into an absolute disaster.

Everybody just seems to be doing their own thing, any NFL covid “rules” seem to be entirely unenforceable.

It’s annoying because the NBA and NHL handled this situation so incredibly well. Understandably you couldn’t have the entire NFL season in a bubble, but they could have locked down each team to it’s own hotel for the duration of the season and only left for practices or games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Butters said:

What would that accomplish? Stop for two weeks, then restart and the same stuff happens?

 

 

It will end up being a shorter season. 14 games, maybe less. The other leagues did it. Gonna happen here too

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

It will end up being a shorter season. 14 games, maybe less. The other leagues did it. Gonna happen here too

But why? What will change in two weeks, other than being a benefit to teams whose players have it now like the titans?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JDE said:

I’ve tried to be optimistic from the start but this is turning into an absolute disaster.

Everybody just seems to be doing their own thing, any NFL covid “rules” seem to be entirely unenforceable.

It’s annoying because the NBA and NHL handled this situation so incredibly well. Understandably you couldn’t have the entire NFL season in a bubble, but they could have locked down each team to it’s own hotel for the duration of the season and only left for practices or games.

This is the only way to keep it under wraps. They can't be going home to their families. Everyone in their household are still going to grocery stores, shopping and whatever else they're doing going around outsiders. There's only one way to fix this is to bubble them the best possible way. Just very hard with the rosters being huge

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butters said:

But why? What will change in two weeks, other than being a benefit to teams whose players have it now like the titans?

Makes me think you have a personal grievance with the Titans. If you thought we were getting through a full 16-game season, with the playoff system intact, you were delusional. To try & save what’s left of the season, they need to shut it down now. They wait any longer & it’s over. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lvsaint429 said:

Makes me think you have a personal grievance with the Titans. If you thought we were getting through a full 16-game season, with the playoff system intact, you were delusional. To try & save what’s left of the season, they need to shut it down now. They wait any longer & it’s over. 

Huh? Just explain what shutting down for two weeks would do, other than not playing football. Will the next two weeks make players immune somehow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

 

.... you were all saying?

 

If positive tests were going to stop things, we would have shut everything down 6 months ago and gotten this virus under control before summer hit. At this point the country and businesses within are hell-bent on moving forward at any costs. I think it's going to require a LOT of players on a lot of teams before the NFL gives any serious thought to stopping entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not understanding what the threshold is to cancel games.  The Atlanta DB had Covid, game went on.  Titans lose a few players to Covid, the game is postponed this week.  Now Cam is sick and people are saying the Pats Chiefs should be postponed.  

What's the difference?  Caliber of player?  Number of players?  It doesn't make sense.  Theoretically if one player is sick, the entire team needs to quarantine for 10 days.  If they test negative, they're still at risk for developing symptoms in the next 10 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butters said:

Huh? Just explain what shutting down for two weeks would do, other than not playing football. Will the next two weeks make players immune somehow?

Have you paid attention to anything about this? Supposedly a 10-14 day incubation period. If they shut everything down for 2 weeks & keep testing everyday, maybe they can minimize the effects on the schedule. Powering through & adapting week-by-week is gonna be a disaster. Stopping the season to get a handle on this is the only way this season has a chance to be completed

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

If positive tests were going to stop things, we would have shut everything down 6 months ago and gotten this virus under control before summer hit. At this point the country and businesses within are hell-bent on moving forward at any costs. I think it's going to require a LOT of players on a lot of teams before the NFL gives any serious thought to stopping entirely.

You can tell which posters sat through the fantasy baseball roller coaster this year and which ones didn't. The NFL was expecting this to happen. COVID isn't going away anytime soon. The NFL is going to continue to plow forward adjusting things on the fly until a Super Bowl champ is crowned. Some teams may have played 14 games, some 15, some 16. They'll figure it as they go.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I made this thread I didn't think it would turn into this. So much for 2020 seeming normal at all with some football. 

Guess I underestimated the "spread factor" shutting down teams. Who cares about individual players anymore - this is a team impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

If positive tests were going to stop things, we would have shut everything down 6 months ago and gotten this virus under control before summer hit. At this point the country and businesses within are hell-bent on moving forward at any costs. I think it's going to require a LOT of players on a lot of teams before the NFL gives any serious thought to stopping entirely.

 

cancelation is closer to reality than finishing. 

i've said enough on the matter - i don't see this ending well at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...