oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

So what exactly are the rules when it comes to deciding if the game goes on?  Is there some threshold of positive players that would make them postpone the game?  Or is one player enough?  If Matt Ryan, Ridley, Julio all test positive, are the Falcons forced to trot out the backups?  I seem to remember Goodell said something about how there will be "competitive imbalance" this year..was this what he was referring to?

Maybe a money line bet on the Bears would be a smart thing right now?

I don't think we have heard anything apart from vague generalities.  Hopefully no more Falcons will test positive, and we will have to wait at least one more week to find out what the specific guidelines for rescheduled or forfeited games will be.

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Any Bears players might get infected during the game, but it would not affect their availability for this week.

And, as any experienced season-long fantasy football player can tell you, this week is all that matters.

I was alluding to the potential of a postponed game. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Any Bears players might get infected during the game, but it would not affect their availability for this week.

And, as any experienced season-long fantasy football player can tell you, this week is all that matters.

But they might not have an opponent this week if Atlanta can't play right? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I did not realize this but every player has a GPS tracker.  So they can look it up and see if any teammates were within six feet of the infected player for more than 15 minutes.  It is quite a set up.

So do all those players have to be quarantined as well?

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

So do all those players have to be quarantined as well?

Yes, if they were within 6ft for more than 15

Reportedly his test came back positive last night.  All players were tested again today and will have results tomorrow.

Edited by ColoWrex

Not sure what to do, I must start someone in Atl game... yikes

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This I agree with. If anyone feels bad at all they should stay away.

From a fantasy perspective, I think luck might factor in more than ever. 

F it, picked up Mullens🗑

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Any Bears players might get infected during the game, but it would not affect their availability for this week

If the game is cancelled or rescheduled for a later date it wouldn't affect their availability? Ok then. Guess your league has some strange scoring!

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

If the game is cancelled or rescheduled for a later date it wouldn't affect their availability? Ok then. Guess your league has some strange scoring!

I was thinking a few Falcons might test positive but the game would still be played.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

11 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

I don’t want to get into a political debate, but this is a dumb comment. Hundreds of thousands of people under 60 have died from covid. Even if that statistic is right (which I’m not sure) that’s still hundreds of thousands if not millions of people if taken to a wide scale. Also, there’s been wide evidence of scary long term side effects such as lung capacity never returning to its former state and other weird organ/ neurological reactions. Viral infections are nothing to take lightly, they often can develop unforeseen ailments, like shingles from chicken pox.  

Also, if a player/ someone gets infected it doesn’t just effect them, it effects their family and friends, and anyone else their family and friends associates with,

etc. 

I just hope that is all turns out alright and the league continues in doing whatever it is that seems to be working so far.

Hundreds of thousands of people under the age of 60 have died from covid?

Not in the United States.

Your numbers are way off.

Plenty of therapeutics to treat anyone who is sick.

If you are over 65 please take precautions, most everyone else will be fine.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

I don’t want to get into a political debate, but this is a dumb comment. Hundreds of thousands of people under 60 have died from covid. Even if that statistic is right (which I’m not sure) that’s still hundreds of thousands if not millions of people if taken to a wide scale. Also, there’s been wide evidence of scary long term side effects such as lung capacity never returning to its former state and other weird organ/ neurological reactions. Viral infections are nothing to take lightly, they often can develop unforeseen ailments, like shingles from chicken pox.  

Also, if a player/ someone gets infected it doesn’t just effect them, it effects their family and friends, and anyone else their family and friends associates with,

etc. 

I just hope that is all turns out alright and the league continues in doing whatever it is that seems to be working so far.

I also responded to his stupid post and my post got deleted for some reason lol.

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hundreds of thousands of people under the age of 60 have died from covid?

Not in the United States.

Your numbers are way off.

Plenty of therapeutics to treat anyone who is sick.

If you are over 65 please take precautions, most everyone else will be fine.

I meant worldwide, but it’s still a major issue and effects younger people too, who are likely to come into contact with older people anyway if they don’t know they’re sick, and it’s a new virus, people don’t really know how to treat the side effects yet.

hopefully things will turn out okay tomorrow.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

etc. 

Yes people die. People also die from a million other things that don’t shut down the world.

There’s an argument to be made but that particular one is extremely weak and 90% of the time it’s made from a condescending pedestal. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

I meant worldwide, but it’s still a major issue and effects younger people too, who are likely to come into contact with older people anyway if they don’t know they’re sick, and it’s a new virus, people don’t really know how to treat the side effects yet.

hopefully things will turn out okay tomorrow.

.. you have your opinion he has his so to recap you are wasting your time.
Back in March/April ... a bunch of posters think we should have never shut down. 

25 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Falcons should cut that dumb rookie if he has infected a lot of people on the team.

I have a lot of sympathy for younger people in this situation. I have a 12 YO son - he is going crazy stuck in this situation and fortunately he's under supervision so simply can't take big risks. It's pretty hard for me to hold things against people for finally going out and doing something when they shouldn't - it's what young people have done and will always do. 

• Like 1

Oh great. If there is one thing I haven’t seen enough of these last few months, it’s people's opinions on this virus. Glad that I could come to FF forums to get more.

If the virus affects football, let’s hear it. But no one gives a crap about anyone’s hot take on what society should do about this virus. Take that crap to the CSB thread.

hopefully, it’s just the one Falcon. But people need to be prepared in case it’s not tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3