oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

Pats all got tested before the trip to the airports.  For some reason, all persons "proximately close" to Cam flew out of a different airport.

2 hours ago, Mongeese said:

Pats all got tested before the trip to the airports.  For some reason, all persons "proximately close" to Cam flew out of a different airport.

"For some reason"? That's a completely reasonable precaution to take.

• Like 1

When can the Titans get back in the building? How many days of zero instances?...Need the Titans back on the field.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know where that titan team logo with the covid thing edited in it  was on this forum? I can't find it

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

12 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Anyone know where that titan team logo with the covid thing edited in it  was on this forum? I can't find it

FC566FBC-F25E-4C1F-8560-1790695A00C1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes! Finally some positive momentum for TEN. Gotta be cautiously optimistic they can get back and play this week.

Gilmore probably played the Chiefs with the virus and was still in the incubation period with a low viral load to not be detected.

And the Chiefs will probably now have an outbreak. this is fine. 

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Put an asterisk on this fantasy season because it is going to be 100% luck.

There goes my Josh Allen in a 2QB league. I'm sure the season will get completed and the Super Bowl played somehow, but this is starting to look like a nightmare for fantasy. Like maybe not even worth it

Posted (edited)

If you didn't build a quality bench this year, why did you even play? Really, none of this should be surprising. It was never a matter of "If" but "when" and "what teams." For the most part, all you can do is roll with this.

I did table a plan for replacement players as an emergency measure last Sunday morning and luckily got unanimous approval before kickoff. Basically, all affected managers designate their replacements before 1:00 on Sunday but leave their starters in place who are scheduled to play. If the affected players don't play due to a last-minute COVID cancellation or delay beyond the current week, I will then edit their roster to switch out their starters for the replacements.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Thanks 1

What sucks about all of this is that the incubation period is so long and the nfl likely won’t be able to rush these game in as quick as they have been doing. Sounds most logical games would need to be postponed at minimum 1 full week out to assure there are no long incubation periods occuring with any players. If this is the case I truly think the season will eventually come to a come to a screeching hault here soon.

• Like 1

I wonder if the NFL can consider just pausing the season for two weeks or so? Get everything in order and establish new rules. 

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

What sucks about all of this is that the incubation period is so long and the nfl likely won’t be able to rush these game in as quick as they have been doing. Sounds most logical games would need to be postponed at minimum 1 full week out to assure there are no long incubation periods occuring with any players. If this is the case I truly think the season will eventually come to a come to a screeching hault here soon.

They should just push everything back two weeks and reset. Problem with that is though that they arent doing a bubble so even if they pause the season, it'll just happen again once they resume

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

I wonder if the NFL can consider just pausing the season for two weeks or so? Get everything in order and establish new rules. 

this problem is bigger than any temporary contingency ... top it off with the fact that we're entering the regular cold n' flu season, and this fustercluck is gonna spiral into the most monumental chit show imaginable. 

buck up, fellas. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

If you didn't build a quality bench this year, why did you even play? Really, none of this should be surprising. It was never a matter of "If" but "when" and "what teams." For the most part, all you can do is roll with this.

[...]

You can only store so many players on your bench. And it's not like the rest of your league isn't thinking the same thing. At this point it's all luck whether or not your guy may play. 

Stop trying to take a "holier than thou" status. Fantasy is not fun when you have to roll out some random WR2 on the Jets because the FA market is saturated when you don't play in a 8 team league. When you have 4-5 people in one week on the COVID ineligible list, their is nothing you can do. 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this problem is bigger than any temporary contingency ... top it off with the fact that we're entering the regular cold n' flu season, and this fustercluck is gonna spiral into the most monumental chit show imaginable. 

buck up, fellas. 

I don't think flu season is a big deal here. They can test whenever they choose so they know quickly if someone has the Rona or not. It's an issue for us peasants who can't easily test, because we're left to wonder whether every illness this winter is COVID or not