oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Absolutely stupid if true - defeats the entire purpose of having protocols and testing.

• Like 2

I'm pretty dense when it comes to these things so I have kind of a basic question. If 8 members of the Titans have tested positive and the rest of the team hasn't why would they shut down their facility instead of just sending those 8 people into quarantine? It takes a while for the virus to show up?

Welp my injury depleted squad is about to lose Conner and likely Cooks as options too. Texans/Vikes tenuous as well. So week 4 could already be down CMC, Kittle, Conner, Aj Brown, Goedert, Cooks, Koo

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I'm pretty dense when it comes to these things so I have kind of a basic question. If 8 members of the Titans have tested positive and the rest of the team hasn't why would they shut down their facility instead of just sending those 8 people into quarantine? It takes a while for the virus to show up?

It can take days for symptoms plus some people can be asymptomatic (have the virus but not exhibiting symptoms)

I am curious to see NFL reaction to this. Very unfortunate but will answer the what if question and how the NFL adjusts here on out.  

6 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

It can take days for symptoms plus some people can be asymptomatic (have the virus but not exhibiting symptoms)

I guess I'm wondering if days for symptoms = days for the virus to show up on a test. If they are being tested daily why does it matter if the symptoms aren't there or if they are asymptomatic? Unless you're saying it takes days for the virus to show up on a test. 

If Vrabel knew a player tested positive and sent them out anyway he deserves to be fined substantially more than all the coaches who received fined for not wearing masks.

and the Titans organization should be heavily penalized

make an example out of them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Wonder if the NFL/Commish office knew about this and gave their approval. IF not then heavy fines + whatever should fall on the Titans for risking the Vikings  

Between injuries and Covid 💩 fantasy season so far. Titans play Vikings.

13 minutes ago, JDE said:

If Vrabel knew a player tested positive and sent them out anyway he deserves to be fined substantially more than all the coaches who received fined for not wearing masks.

I honestly think they should lose multiple picks including their first round pick.

Thats just insane. Risking losing the entire damn seasons and ramifications potentially costing billions? How can you be so damn stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JDE said:

Fined? He should be suspended. He jeopardized the entire league, basically. With the potential 14 day quarantine period, could have been multiple weeks of players being asymptomatic and still playing games. 

If true he's an absolute s***head. 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I honestly think they should lose multiple picks including their first round pick.

Thats just insane. Risking losing the entire damn seasons and ramifications potentially costing billions? How can you be so damn stupid.

15 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Fined? He should be suspended. He jeopardized the entire league, basically. With the potential 14 day quarantine period, could have been multiple weeks of players being asymptomatic and still playing games. 

If true he's an absolute s***head. 

Strongly agree on both points. Let’s hope the league takes the same approach.

16 minutes ago, JDE said:

if it is indeed true that they acted with malice of forethought, then they're liable to be heavily entangled in legalities that will stretch far beyond the leeg ... we are a notoriously litigious society, and this is uncharted waters - and if it is revealed that the leeg knew, as well?  we talkin' billions in lawsuits. 

• Like 1

No amount of money can equate to what Vrabel did if true. Suspend him ROS, putting entire league in jeopardy.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if it is indeed true that they acted with malice of forethought, then they're liable to be heavily entangled in legalities that will stretch far beyond the leeg ... we are a notoriously litigious society, and this is uncharted waters - and if it is revealed that the leeg knew, as well?  we talkin' billions in lawsuits. 

I think the NFL has way, way too much to lose. No way they'd allow that to happen. 

17 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

No idea who this guy is... but it would work:

Work smarter not harder folks.

TEN/PIT go on bye this week. Replay in week 7 when TEN already has a bye. Move the BAL/PIT game originally scheduled in week 7 to week 8 and move the ravens bye from 8 to 7.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Absolutely stupid if true - defeats the entire purpose of having protocols and testing.

Sounds like derick Henry or tannehill

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

I think the NFL has way, way too much to lose. No way they'd allow that to happen. 

agreed ... but would it shock you if revealed otherwise?

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

agreed ... but would it shock you if revealed otherwise?

Honestly yes. A league wide infection for a week 3 game - stupidity on an entirely different level. We can sit and make fun of Goodell and how the league is run all you want. But they still want football to happen. 

• Like 1

There’s no chance the NFL knew let’s be real.

Why the hell would the NFL jeopardize the entire season by letting someone play from the ******** Titans. It’s not like they let Mahomes play in the Super Bowl or something. It’s an early season game that isn’t even between A tier teams. The NFL is greedy not stupid and that would go against both of those characteristics.

• Like 1