oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

Jeez Titans...

If you're the Bills, aren't you a tad more than apprehensive about going down there to play them? But I guess they clearly had guys that had the virus incubating when they played MIN and no vikes have come back positive. Gilmore's contact tracing is gonna be something to follow too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Yeah that's not happening lol monday/tuesday would be predicated on all negative tests the next few days which the Titans have shown incapable of producing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Yeah that's not happening lol monday/tuesday would be predicated on all negative tests the next few days which the Titans have shown incapable of producing 

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER ... I'M JUST PASTING TWEETS, BABY 🎳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

When did those jackasses have the open practice? Tell those guys they're out for the game and keep testing. Maybe by Tuesday it's been long enough for all or at least most of the positives to show themselves and play. Clearly this game should just be cancelled from a health perspective, but as a Josh Allen owner in 2QB league I'm torn 😶

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Something is up in TN. Way too many days of positives with only one covid free day between them.

Would suck to be a Derrick Henry owner right now.

Wow...some empathy for someone or something on this site...nice to see. [...] Last time I checked the thousands of Henry fantasy owners, or real life Titans fans, had nothing to do with the practices of some 20 something kids.

There will be punishment, but lets try to punish the organization and those responsible and not blow up the whole landscape. Forfeits should be the last nuclear option, not the first thing the NFL reaches for to resolve this issue.

Edited by tonycpsu

I'm praying that they just hold off this week of footballs nd just postpone it a week or two and resume after 2 weeks,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

This seems like the logical thing to do... Especially since KC needs moee days of testing to make sure they didnt catch cases from New England.

• Like 2

Just have the Titans play a double-header.  Easy peasy.  And I'm clearly kidding, for those of you about to get triggered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I'm praying that they just hold off this week of footballs nd just postpone it a week or two and resume after 2 weeks,

I think it would make sense if they had multiple teams dealing with this, but I don't think they're going to postpone the entire season for one team's outbreak. I think they see the writing on the wall that this is going to be a minefield and they'll want to keep the season moving forward any way possible, even if they have to get creative. Would really suck for them if they pause the whole league for 2 weeks and then right before restarting this happens to another team. They aren't in a bubble so no guarantee that everyone would be 100% clean after a break. 

• Like 2

Wtf is Roger Goodell doing? You can’t change everyone’s schedule because these pos Titans can’t follow protocol. Forfeit every game the Titans are not healthy to play. It’s not the rest of the leagues fault the Titans are playing grab a** all day. FORFEIT their games already Goodell.

• Haha 1

Just now, straightfire118 said:

Roger Goodell has to look so incompetent right now seeing EVERY other league going smoothly. CAN Goodell!!!

NFL has by far the largest active roster in professional sports. It's not Goodell's fault that the Titans are a disaster. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

NFL has by far the largest active roster in professional sports. It's not Goodell's fault that the Titans are a disaster. 

Yes it is absolutely it’s Goodells fault. He has the authority to forfeit the Titans unhealthy games. It’s the only logical solution for this pos Titans.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Roger Goodell has to look so incompetent right now seeing EVERY other league going smoothly. CAN Goodell!!!

NBA was able to do a bubble with 2/3 of the teams as it was primarily just for playoff prep/playoffs. NHL I believe did a playoff bubble as well. MLB had major issues with the cardinals and Marlins but had the luxury of adding 7 inning double headers. NBA also can play back to backs.

The issue for the NFL is that they are refusing to institute "home hotel" bubbles league wide. Teams like the Saints are already doing this on their own. Also part of the problem is football requires more recovery than the other sports

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Wtf is Roger Goodell doing? You can’t change everyone’s schedule because these pos Titans can’t follow protocol. Forfeit every game the Titans are not healthy to play. It’s not the rest of the leagues fault the Titans are playing grab a** all day. FORFEIT their games already Goodell.

I can't see any way the owners would be okay with that, knowing it could be their team next.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another positive Titans test today = doom for the Bills/Titans? Or is that what has been discussed already and I missed it 😁

Edited by oliminator123

10 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I can't see any way the owners would be okay with that, knowing it could be their team next.

Well you can’t put other teams at jeopardy because ONE team can’t get their **** together. Either shorten the season to 14 weeks to give them covid leeway or forfeit the Titans games. Bills and chiefs should not have to keep changing their schedules for this bs because of ONE team.

8 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Well you can’t put other teams at jeopardy because ONE team can’t get their **** together. Either shorten the season to 14 weeks to give them covid leeway or forfeit the Titans games. Bills and chiefs should not have to keep changing their schedules for this bs because of ONE team.

Ohhhh straightFIRE....

unfortunately this won’t be a one-off event.  By forcing forfeitures due to a legit Covid outbreak-  even if it’s the players’ faults....you’re setting a terrible precedent.   Best option is to discipline individual players if necessary and do everything possible to keep games going.  

9 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

your awfully angry at some people for catching a virus in the middle of a pandemic. maybe check what's going on there? 

somebody above suggested suspending everything for a week and I think that might make sense. that would let all 5 day incubation windows pass and get testing on everybody done. Right now it's mostly just the titans but don't forget the positive tests in NE, NE's game with KC, and the positive test with LV. This is some isolate flare ups but this could very rapidly turn in to a full on brushfire if not nipped in the bud. 

The NFL really should do some sort of bubble or modified bubble but we're talking about a league that makes like 8 billion dollars a year and won't hire full time refs. is it really surprising their trying to ride out a plague on the cheap?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Ohhhh straightFIRE....

unfortunately this won’t be a one-off event.  By forcing forfeitures due to a legit Covid outbreak-  even if it’s the players’ faults....you’re setting a terrible precedent.   Best option is to discipline individual players if necessary and do everything possible to keep games going.  

Na because then the teams that are doing everything right get penalized by having to reschedule/play on a short week. Most logical thing would be that they agree to shorten the season like baseball did and that’s going smoothly.

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Ohhhh straightFIRE....

this is also true. Plus you know once Belichick realized he could get a win by the other team forfeiting due to this he'd send every team a nice box of COVID blankets to keep them warm. We don't want to unleash that upon the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, yossarian said:

your awfully angry at some people for catching a virus in the middle of a pandemic. maybe check what's going on there? 

somebody above suggested suspending everything for a week and I think that might make sense. that would let all 5 day incubation windows pass and get testing on everybody done. Right now it's mostly just the titans but don't forget the positive tests in NE, NE's game with KC, and the positive test with LV. This is some isolate flare ups but this could very rapidly turn in to a full on brushfire if not nipped in the bud. 

The NFL really should do some sort of bubble or modified bubble but we're talking about a league that makes like 8 billion dollars a year and won't hire full time refs. is it really surprising their trying to ride out a plague on the cheap?

People have every right to be angry the titans even held a private workout while on quarantine it’s ridiculous and indefensible.

• Like 1