oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

In 1 league i have 3 players concerned by Titans-Bills... i can’t drop so many players and orhers are on bye (Stafford Tonyan Golladay...)

i am 4-0. So i will lose the week instead of cut players important for future

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Well yeah, but the point is that in many leagues there just isn't a startable player out there. That's kinda why we're having this conversation. When somebody says "just pick up another Monday guy" it's fair to point out that for many people that just isn't an option.

In my short-bench 14-teamer we're doing the substitution thing. In my normal bench 10-teamer we had a long discussion but ended up just letting it ride. The good thing is that at least we've now had a week of dealing with this, so people can prepare...somewhat.

I hear you and get the point. There's just lots of leagues out there, and it's a viable strategy in some. My deep league is like you say, nobody on the wire worth starting except dart throw WRs. I'm lucky to have a guy on my bench going Monday night that I could plug into my superflex spot if my QB is out. The shallow league there are QBs, RBs, and WRs available that could be decent spot starts. Whether someone would want to bench a stud for them would really depend on risk tolerance. 

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tomy said:

In 1 league i have 3 players concerned by Titans-Bills... i can’t drop so many players and orhers are on bye (Stafford Tonyan Golladay...)

i am 4-0. So i will lose the week instead of cut players important for future

Not sure 1 week wonder Tonyan is a must hold through his bye, and it’s not like most of Stafford’s production can’t be replaced via waivers but hey man it’s your team. Hopefully you don’t miss playoffs by 1 game.

31 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Not sure 1 week wonder Tonyan is a must hold through his bye, and it’s not like most of Stafford’s production can’t be replaced via waivers but hey man it’s your team. Hopefully you don’t miss playoffs by 1 game.

Tonyan was not a one-week wonder. 

• Like 5

Jets sent home after presumptive positive case. They are now retesting. 

• Like 1

Time to find replacements for your Jets (hopefully you don't have any to begin with) and Cardinals this weekend

Like some others here, we have a shared chat with the leeg and the deal is, if you want an alternate to count because you're worried that say the Titans game may be postponed indefinitely / forfeited, then you need to declare your substitute in the shared chat before the alternate player starts his game.

• Like 1

Wow the NFL is really going to let the Titans/Bills game happen huh? Just absolutely wild.  Still 3 days left of testing but this is shocking to say the least.  Money > health apparently.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Time to find replacements for your Jets (hopefully you don't have any to begin with) and Cardinals this weekend

Nobody has any Jets, of course.  But the Cardinals?  I can’t be the only one who thought having a Murray/Hopkins combo was a great idea.  

1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Nobody has any Jets, of course.  But the Cardinals?  I can’t be the only one who thought having a Murray/Hopkins combo was a great idea.  

Drake is already benched and I can work around Murray if need be

Get it together NY

7 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Crowder is absolutely fantasy relevant especially in .5 or full PPR

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Wow the NFL is really going to let the Titans/Bills game happen huh? Just absolutely wild.  Still 3 days left of testing but this is shocking to say the least.  Money > health apparently.

Well, if the league truly put player and coach health above money, they wouldn't have had a season at all.  Standard protocol for the general public is to quarantine for 14 days if you have had exposure to someone with Covid.  You don't even have to have it, you're supposed to quarantine.  Heck, in some countries, all travelers need to quarantine as soon as they enter the country.

If this were followed, there is no season.  A single positive and that team cannot play for 2 weeks minimum.  So....they've already made the decision to put player health at more risk than the general population.  The question is how far they will go.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Crowder is absolutely fantasy relevant especially in .5 or full PPR

I know, I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to rip on the Jets.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I’m pretty stunned, Titans will play Tue barring more positives, wow.

20 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

None of these players' health is in danger, otherwise they would have opted out. The protocols are in place to mitigate the spread of a high contagious virus, and they appear to be working as intended so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I was going to say players had the chance to opt out. The guys who didn't probably want to make their money this year and for the season to keep chugging along, not get cancelled. 

So if the Titans have one more positive test between now and Tuesday the game is off?  Am I understanding that correctly?

And we don’t know if off means forfeit, reschedule, or some mysterious third option?

This is such a weird season

Meanwhile the titans haven't practiced in 2 weeks. Yikes not sure id wanna start any titans in this one anyway. They're gonna get trounced. 

24 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

I’m pretty stunned, Titans will play Tue barring more positives, wow.

I mean, admittedly, I don't know all the science behind it, but that illicit practice was what 9/29? 9/30? If(and that's a BIG if of course) the Titians have not been putting themselves at risk since then, and as long as they are negative from now to Tuesday AM(2 weeks since the original outbreak, I believe) it's not surprising to me that they'd play(with the infected players absent, of course). Whether that's smart, I dunno, again, I'm not knowledgeable on the specifics, but it wouldn't be surprising to me

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

just two more weeks, bros

Until what? 

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I would expect the majority of these players to be less likely to contract the virus when they’re in controlled environments (practice facilities, hotels) most of the time as opposed to left to their own devices. I don’t think playing football is putting them at any more risk than they otherwise would be unless they were self-isolating 100% of the time, which you know they wouldn’t be.

Im in no rush to kiss the ring.  You’d be crazy to blindly accept that they put the players/families health first.   This is about money and appearances.  

time will tell if their protocols will be effective or this continues to spread and impact the schedule.    Hopefully the former.  

Who really expected nearly 2,000 mostly single 20-something NFL players to completely follow protocol? The NFL apparently, and now they're going to eat it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I wonder if it was a player that just started practicing again....