oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Not a chance.

They will play the Super Bowl in the summer if they have to but it will happen.

Suppose the Super Bowl is played in the summer how would that effect the next season depending on when playoff games are played also? The NBA is also going to have this problem with the season still going on and you need time for regular offseason activities, preseason. FA signings, and etc.

MLB with the shortened season thus year seems to have put itself in the best position to have a "normal" year next year. But unless a vaccine is found it seems next year no matter what won't be normal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They should just have Buffalo play Denver on Tuesday. Kind of stupid to have those teams get screwed 

• Like 4

At this point I think the only thing you can do is give the titans a forfeit. Moving their game creates a domino effect and we can expect this to happen again with other teams in the future too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They should just have Buffalo play Denver on Tuesday. Kind of stupid to have those teams get screwed 

I always come back to this option as well but it’s like asking a boxer to change opponents a couple days before a fight. NFL will probably never do this. 

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I’m a little out of the loop here. Why is it that people are suggesting he Pats and Broncos game will affect the Bills game?

11 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I’m a little out of the loop here. Why is it that people are suggesting he Pats and Broncos game will affect the Bills game?

Titans and NE are the Covid teams.   So their opponents could just play 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Suppose the Super Bowl is played in the summer how would that effect the next season depending on when playoff games are played also? The NBA is also going to have this problem with the season still going on and you need time for regular offseason activities, preseason. FA signings, and etc.

MLB with the shortened season thus year seems to have put itself in the best position to have a "normal" year next year. But unless a vaccine is found it seems next year no matter what won't be normal.

I have no idea, and won't pretend to.

What I will say is that there is a 0% chance that Super Bowl TV ad revenue is getting nixed.  We could be in the middle of a nuclear holocaust but we're going to get a Dorito's ad dammit.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I have no idea, and won't pretend to.

What I will say is that there is a 0% chance that Super Bowl TV ad revenue is getting nixed.  We could be in the middle of a nuclear holocaust but we're going to get a Dorito's ad dammit.

Don't forget about Bud, Coke & Pepsi!

• Haha 2

Just now, awwufelloff said:

What if titans players test positive tomorrow? Game is likely off and you're basically screwed?

Exactly. If you have a pivot even to the monday night game with the chargers and can wait, do that, but otherwise I wouldn't take the risk

1 minute ago, awwufelloff said:

What if titans players test positive tomorrow? Game is likely off and you're basically screwed?

Yes, and the NFL is in a pickle because Titans already had their bye.

Yeahhhh. Im in a spot of having to decide to swap bell in for henry in the next fourty minutes.  Hopefully some news drops by then. 

52 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Buffalo isn't getting screwed at all.  They either get a free win or a second bye.

They're going to play and try to force the narrative the new positive test was from a staff member who was away from the facility. It's a joke, but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

Curious as to why the Patriots have 5 positive tests and the game is postponed, but the Titans have 25 positive tests, yet no announcement?

Just now, Blats said:

Curious as to why the Patriots have 5 positive tests and the game is postponed, but the Titans have 25 positive tests, yet no announcement?

Because the Patriots solution is easy, they haven't had their bye yet.

4 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

They're going to play and try to force the narrative the new positive test was from a staff member who was away from the facility. It's a joke, but it is what it is.

Why is it a joke? This is only going to keep happening. The idea that you'll be able to drive case rates to zero is utterly ridiculous and the NFL should had figured out this way before the season with specific guidelines of what it would take to postpone a game: % positive rate, coaches v. players, etc. 

The NFL made their bed when they started schedule juggling and it's only going to get continually worse. 

Edited by TheDoctor

This just in from the NFL Fantasy Decision Desk.  If the Titans forfeit, here will be the stats allocated to Bills players by the stat engine (a custom-built version of Front Page Sports Football Pro '95):

Josh Allen 246 yards passing, 14 rushing, 2 passing TD, 1 rushing TD
Diggs 6/74
Brown 3/91/1 TD
Singletary 111 yards rushing, 1 catch for 9 yards
Moss 24 rushing, 3 catches for 24 yards and a TD
Bills D/ST 20 points allowed, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 recovered fumble (Darrynton Evans lost it, naturally)
Kicker (the "stat engine" didn't even give him a name!) 3/3 XP, 2/3 FG (made 34, 41, missed 53)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

The idea that you'll be able to drive case rates to zero is utterly ridiculous 

The NBA proved it was possible.

You just have to be Draconian af when it comes to players' and staffs' lifestyle on and off the field.  I don't think it was so much about the bubble as it was just being extremely strict.

Maybe they never would have accepted that.  But it can be done.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

The NBA proved it was possible.

You just have to be Draconian af when it comes to players' and staffs' lifestyle on and off the field.  I don't think it was so much about the bubble as it was just being extremely strict.

Maybe they never would have accepted that.  But it can be done.

NBA is easier because they have way fewer players/coaches to control.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This just in from the NFL Fantasy Decision Desk.  If the Titans forfeit, here will be the stats allocated to Bills players by the stat engine (a custom-built version of Front Page Sports Football Pro '95😞

Josh Allen 246 yards passing, 14 rushing, 2 passing TD, 1 rushing TD
Diggs 6/74
Brown 3/91/1 TD
Singletary 111 yards rushing, 1 catch for 9 yards
Moss 24 rushing, 3 catches for 24 yards and a TD
Bills D/ST 20 points allowed, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 recovered fumble (Darrynton Evans lost it, naturally)
Kicker (the "stat engine" didn't even give him a name!) 3/3 XP, 2/3 FG (made 34, 41, missed 53)

If guys who drafted Bills are getting points for a game that doesn't happen I want my hypothetical "what if Barkley never tore his knee" points.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ninersdd said:

NBA is easier because they have way fewer players/coaches to control.

You're not talking about a cast of millions.

Teams already have staff that is in charge of monitoring player behavior off the field.  You just give them more staff and authority.  That's all.

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

If guys who drafted Bills are getting points for a game that doesn't happen I want my hypothetical "what if Barkley never tore his knee" points.

I also want years of Josh Gordon stats back too!

• Like 2